Money Financhu Crisis / Chris sells his stuff megathread -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

What's your favourite Chris excuse for wanting money?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariposa Electrique

October 4-18, Chris Will Be Happy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, Chris wants the "Friends" and "Frasier" DVDs. I bet Chris fantasizes about living in the "Friends" universe as their adorable, hip, and setsy neighbor with huge knockers while in the Frasier's universe, he's Frasier's girlfriend with a fake British accent and huge knockers. Either way, he doesn't understand what's happening on either show, but he thinks he does.

Super Colon Blow

Sucks and blows at the same time!
kiwifarms.net
Chris retardation and general mental state have reached a level where I’m pretty sure that his interest in AD&D comes from the same place as his interest in crystals and alternative dimensions.

In other words: Chris thinks/hopes that AD&D to some degree is interchangeable with an actual magic book, or worst case scenario: Will make him more “psychic”.

I mean... The step from “This rock will make me more lucky/intuitive/healthier” to “this book will life the dimensional curtain a bit more!”

I wonder if he has ever heard of “The Secret”, and what further mental degradation that one could potentially cause?
"The Secret"? He's already doing it. He thinks he can wish things into being. The person who wrote that book is as exceptional and grifty as Chris is. It's perfect for him.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, Chris wants the "Friends" and "Frasier" DVDs. I bet Chris fantasizes about living in the "Friends" universe as their adorable, hip, and setsy neighbor with huge knockers while in the Frasier's universe, he's Frasier's girlfriend with a fake British accent and huge knockers. Either way, he doesn't understand what's happening on either show, but he thinks he does.
Even that’s probably too sophisticated for Chris, MLP where he’s surrounded by uncritical galpals who solve any problem with friendship and magic is more his speed.

Friends and Fraser have too much ‘adulting’ plots like characters having a job and other adult responsibilities.

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So if Chris does go bankrupt, will he and Barbara be taken in by the government?

Not because they went bankrupt, no. Bankruptcy lets debtors either discharge (void) debts or get a more lenient interest rate/payment term but it does not entitle them to any sort of housing assistance. It's also not very beneficial to somebody like Chris or Barb because their income is all exempt from garnishment and she will probably be dead before the bankruptcy (which is about as radioactive as her debt suits) comes off her credit report. The only thing bankruptcy might get them would be keeping the bank from seizing 14BC or Chris' car.

Now for the question you sort-of asked, there are a few programs they could use but probably will not. Medicare nursing home/live in nurse home coverage is limited to skilled treatment for a specific illness (so extreme old age/frailty and help related to that are not covered) and even if it were I don't think she'd want to leave 14bc given her hoarding problem. I thought there was some sort of emergency option where she could liquidate her assets in exchange for being put in a nursing home but I can't seem to find it.

Chris is probably special-needs enough to qualify for either a group home or a helper but he's always been hostile to the idea that his autism should be considered a disability and is probably too sane to be ordered somewhere over his own objections. He and Barb will probably stay in 14BC until she dies, then he'll eventually get taken in by an enabler. I know Null said he might intervene and try to help when Barb dies but Chris ignored him in favor of enablers repeatedly - hell he even misses the Idea Guys because they played along with his Sonichu fantasies.

AmazingEagle

USA's Spookiest Skelton
kiwifarms.net
Not because they went bankrupt, no. Bankruptcy lets debtors either discharge (void) debts or get a more lenient interest rate/payment term but it does not entitle them to any sort of housing assistance. It's also not very beneficial to somebody like Chris or Barb because their income is all exempt from garnishment and she will probably be dead before the bankruptcy (which is about as radioactive as her debt suits) comes off her credit report. The only thing bankruptcy might get them would be keeping the bank from seizing 14BC or Chris' car.

Now for the question you sort-of asked, there are a few programs they could use but probably will not. Medicare nursing home/live in nurse home coverage is limited to skilled treatment for a specific illness (so extreme old age/frailty and help related to that are not covered) and even if it were I don't think she'd want to leave 14bc given her hoarding problem. I thought there was some sort of emergency option where she could liquidate her assets in exchange for being put in a nursing home but I can't seem to find it.

Chris is probably special-needs enough to qualify for either a group home or a helper but he's always been hostile to the idea that his autism should be considered a disability and is probably too sane to be ordered somewhere over his own objections. He and Barb will probably stay in 14BC until she dies, then he'll eventually get taken in by an enabler. I know Null said he might intervene and try to help when Barb dies but Chris ignored him in favor of enablers repeatedly - hell he even misses the Idea Guys because they played along with his Sonichu fantasies.
I don't think Chris would be taken into a group home because he's a threat to others.

Rogowski

one tree per nerd
kiwifarms.net
@The American Hedgehog Popped up in my feed tonight. Everything seems to be listed a month ago. Signatures match past pictures.

Fat faggot has some nerve assuming his signature on a Sonic genesis cartridge would warrant the $999 price tag or taking a landline phone from his house and getting everyone in the house to sign it and calling it “Bob Chandler's Prank Call Phone” would excuse the $500 tag while simultaneously being so lazy that he’s selling cans of autographed orange crush instead of Fanta. It’s a shame he’s both autistic and filled with too much optimism because if a lot of these retro items didn’t have his ugly fucking signature and were priced better he’d have better chances.

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
Fat faggot has some nerve assuming his signature on a Sonic genesis cartridge would warrant the $999 price tag or taking a landline phone from his house and getting everyone in the house to sign it and calling it “Bob Chandler's Prank Call Phone” would excuse the $500 tag while simultaneously being so lazy that he’s selling cans of autographed orange crush instead of Fanta. It’s a shame he’s both autistic and filled with too much optimism because if a lot of these retro items didn’t have his ugly fucking signature and were priced better he’d have better chances.
People bought the fanta cans when he sold them at those prices; it's inevitable that more weens and wannabe christorians will pay ridiculous sums just for some sort of autistic connection to a has-been e-celeb.

Status
Not open for further replies.