Fire Emblem series -

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, does anyone else think that they could have shown more of the Adrestian nobility? Because for all of Edgeguard's talk, the only ones who's actually shown was Ferdinand's father and her scheming uncle while everyone else was mentioned in the students' support conversations.

At least with some of the older games, we get a shot or two of who's plotting against you.
I think this is the issue here, Edelgard is set up to be questioned. If you play her route, it only gives out information that would make a player support her. But when you play the other routes and you start seeing a more complete picture of the setting. All of this information pokes many, many holes in her reasoning. If we were to see more of the nobility, we might see that they actually had more complex reasons to do what they did.

After all, the coup against Edelgard's father was supposedly because he was centralizing power.

• Agree
Reactions: ASoulMan

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
I think this is the issue here, Edelgard is set up to be questioned. If you play her route, it only gives out information that would make a player support her. But when you play the other routes and you start seeing a more complete picture of the setting. All of this information pokes many, many holes in her reasoning. If we were to see more of the nobility, we might see that they actually had more complex reasons to do what they did.

After all, the coup against Edelgard's father was supposedly because he was centralizing power.
Speaking of the evil albinos, they would have made an decent addition to her route. Since it's the shortest route, her uncle is clearly working against her, and there's obviously more shit going on beyond Fodlan.

• Agree
Reactions: ASoulMan

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
It annoys me still that we don't actually go up against TWSITD at the end of Crimson Flower. They just go "Oh, remember Ed's uncle and those other weirdos? Yeah, they eat shit after the war."

Golden Deer is starting to shape up to be the better route, and I've only just started the second half of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Agent Wet

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It annoys me still that we don't actually go up against TWSITD at the end of Crimson Flower. They just go "Oh, remember Ed's uncle and those other weirdos? Yeah, they eat shit after the war."

Golden Deer is starting to shape up to be the better route, and I've only just started the second half of it.
I think it's another one of those things that's supposed to hint at Crimson Flower not being the right path, without explictedly saying so. TWSITD are still at play, able to manipulate people into staging revolts for them. Revolts the Imperial army would have to put down. It's even hinted at in the painting at the end of the route. And in Crimson Flower, while Edelgard frames the Church for using the javelins of light (kettle meet pot) we've seen what they are capable of doing in other routes.

The fight against TWSITD is said in Byleth's endings to not be a short one. It's mentioned that it takes a long time, full of danger in order to take them down. So much so that if Bernadetta goes with him she comes out of it unafraid of anything. It really goes to show Edelgard and Hubert underestimated their enemies, as all the other player units leave to go about their own lives. Plus Hubert is mentioned doing anything he needs to from within the shadows in order to support Edelgard.

Taking this, there's a real argument that Edelgard didn't fix Fodlan. She just repackaged it.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: 1911JD and ASoulMan

verifiaman

Geosynch
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit these people are nuts. I can’t tell what is or isn’t a joke anymore these days.
I love how self aware they are with the “your obsession with me is appalling.” line. Though it most likely wasn’t intentional.

I looked deeper into the Korean poll and now I can understand why they dislike Edelgard. Seems personal experiences and cultures shape the views people have on characters. I know many Rhea haters who despise the church route because they had bad personal experiences with organized religion or are highly critical of it.
whats this about korean polls? could you go into more detail?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JM 590

Zeke Von Genbu

BRINGER OF CHAOS (Art by KF user: FroggyMan)
kiwifarms.net
Yep, surprising no one, female Byleth is only closing in on male Byleth because an insane amount of dudes play as her. The bigger thing is what degenerates named Byleth after themselves?
To be fair, Byleth female is 100% better gameplay wise then Byleth male. Because female gets free Sylvain outside of BL and level 3 Sylvain bases (10 str/9 spd with a good early game personal skill) going into chapter 2 is really helpful, especially with Maddening/Lunatic existing now when maybe Byleth/House leader are level 3. Also Pegasus knight is busted, like all fliers, so having it at level 10 is sweet along with getting darting blow. Just from a gameplay perspective male Byleth is not worth using except for War Master player phase damage memes.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Byleth female is 100% better gameplay wise then Byleth male. Because female gets free Sylvain outside of BL and level 3 Sylvain bases (10 str/9 spd with a good early game personal skill) going into chapter 2 is really helpful, especially with Maddening/Lunatic existing now when maybe Byleth/House leader are level 3. Also Pegasus knight is busted, like all fliers, so having it at level 10 is sweet along with getting darting blow. Just from a gameplay perspective male Byleth is not worth using except for War Master player phase damage memes.
That's true, but this poll was before the new difficulty came out and I doubt "recruit Sylvain early" was a major sway in gender choice, if people even knew. Same with "you can be a pegasus knight". If I were to hazard a guess, outside of horny dudes it's probably people who wanted to romance Dimtri in his route (that's pretty gay) or people who wanted to do the romance they were going to do anyways as a lesbo.

Zeke Von Genbu

kiwifarms.net
That's true, but this poll was before the new difficulty came out and I doubt "recruit Sylvain early" was a major sway in gender choice, if people even knew. Same with "you can be a pegasus knight". If I were to hazard a guess, outside of horny dudes it's probably people who wanted to romance Dimtri in his route (that's pretty gay) or people who wanted to do the romance they were going to do anyways as a lesbo.
If any gay male wanted to romance a male enough to pick female byleth it would likely be Claude, I remember most people thought Dimitri looked the most boring of the 3. It took a couple weeks or so before Dimitri became the fan favorite, at least on reddit where people will swear up and down that BL is the only good route in the entire game and the rest suck.

Reactions: left arm

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
The reclassing in this game is kind of busted, if you think about it.

In a map where you're supposed to be wading through swampwater, you can cheese it like this.

Zeke Von Genbu

kiwifarms.net
The reclassing in this game is kind of busted, if you think about it.

In a map where you're supposed to be wading through swampwater, you can cheese it like this.

Every reclassing game is busted, the best units typically have access to the broken class(es) of the game and the best stats within that list of units. This is why Camilla is the best unit in Conquest and the best Corrin is a Wyvern in Conquest (not sure about other routes as birthrout is boring and Rev is cancer balancing). Nosferatu tanking was busted in Awakening, alongside Robin's entire existence. Fire Emblem has bad balance, I swear mages go from great to suck every other game, horses have been some of the best units for years, early fliers are almost always great, balancing is not Fire Emblem's forte. I do think reclassing to this degree is silly, I actually prefer the Awakening or Fates methods over this.

I will say War Master has the niche of having really overkill combat that actually can come in clutch in very limited situations if you're playing underleveled, like vs Claude's paralogue boss who has really high speed. Horses can be stride carriers and hold their own in combat if they don't get speed screwed, ground battalions are really really strong compared to most flying ones, especially bow knights make various flying enemies a non factor compared to using your full axe wyvern squad who can sometimes have sketchy hit rates.

3H is a cheese game, so are most Fire Emblems too be honest just 3H makes it easier to cheese due to its accessibly broken mechanics with little cost due to repair and battalion gambits refilling after combat.

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
Regarding Birthright, anything regarding high evasion, ninjas, the "-faire" & sealing skills, and Lethality will ruin the game.

As for 3H, the only ones who get the shitty end of deal are the mages, with their extremely limited uses on magic. But even then, you could use a Levin Sword to cover this...or exploit this against the enemy by parking a high res unit near them.

1911JD

I am so tired of this shit, I swear.
kiwifarms.net
imagine using sylvain instead of ferdinand

Finished Golden Deer, after...

*checks*

holy shit a month, and after it took me 3 days with the church route and about a week with the Blue Lions route jesus christ

In any case, here are my thoughts.

It's currently my least favorite route, and I know it still will be after I beat Crimson Flower. The church route is better, Dimitri went out like a bitch, 1/3 of the golden deer are bad, and it's literally just the church route. Except I can tell they made this one after the church route because they didn't put any consideration into making it stand out from it, barring the presence of Claude and the inexplicable resurrection of Nemesis, which didn't happen in Silver Snow despite (mostly) the same circumstances.

Who would've thought Nemesis' resurrection wholly depended on some young mercenary choosing between teaching three different houses?

The thing that really gets me is Edelgard's death cutscene. It's the same exact cutscene as Silver Snow, except it doesn't mean nearly as much in this route as it did in that one.

Not sure what I'm talking about? Rewatch it.
it's timestamped don't worry lol

Imagine yourself as Edelgard's professor. The one who taught her daily every day for nearly a year. You two were getting closer, and she betrays the church and attacks you and her own classmates to fulfill her own ambitions. You beat her in combat and you have this exchange.

Now imagine you were Claude's professor, and you and Edelgard had this exchange.
"I wanted... to walk with you..."
"Bitch I barely even know you"
What interaction did they have in the Golden Deer route that would make Edelgard feel so attached to Byleth, that with her dying breath, she says that she wanted to share her ambitions with him/her?

And finally, Judith. Fucking Judith. The most useless FE character since fucking Lilith. She stands there, talking about "getting ready for combat", and then, after ZERO participation, stands there with Claude and Byleth and the rest as if she helped win the decisive battle. Bitch, you didn't do shit, and you never did shit. It's particularly odd because she has unit data, so why not make her playable?

So yeah. One route to go, Crimson Flower. Not really looking forward to it, which is kinda why I saved it for last, but I gotta do it. Maybe then I'll do a Maddening Blue Lions playthrough.

Also, as for the Niosi stuff, whatever. I preferred his voice, and still do, but I understand why he had to get kicked out. I played Silver Snow and Verdant Wind as male Byleth (leaving the other two to female Byleth) and finished them before the update went live, so it's not like I didn't get my fill.

UF6

Eternal September Websurfer
kiwifarms.net
I am not sure I am happy with the latest DLC; It is not impressive for what they added in the game between items and cosmetics. Now, I know this is far from the last wave of DLC, but it does not bring my hopes up and feels like Nintendo scammed me (not that paying $50 for all the DLC for Shadows of Valencia was not a scam which I avoided).

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
I'm already waiting until the story dlc comes out next year before I even consider getting the pass. Right now it's not worth it to me.

Zeke Von Genbu

kiwifarms.net
Regarding Birthright, anything regarding high evasion, ninjas, the "-faire" & sealing skills, and Lethality will ruin the game.

As for 3H, the only ones who get the shitty end of deal are the mages, with their extremely limited uses on magic. But even then, you could use a Levin Sword to cover this...or exploit this against the enemy by parking a high res unit near them.
Mages are fine for fighting in 3H, need to see them in maddening though, even Lorenz can be a pretty good mage and his stats are very average at best fiendish blow gives you most the offense you need and armor/horses lack so much AS that even slower units can double them giving mages good targets to fight while your physical units fight the rest. The main issue is mid game, around level 20, their 4 movement catches up with them terribly and even casually abusing fliers makes most mages, especially the one without thyrsus, fall behind.

Levin sword felt like crap tbh, I tried memeing with some sword masters for fun and I had a 25 mag levin sword+ user after giving them 5 spirit dusts and it didn't do a lot of damage, I'd rather just use bows for my range option with close counter. Maybe with fiendish blow Levin sword would be good, but otherwise it feels eh to use as a constant weapon. Even vs armors I'd rather use armor slayer.

imagine using sylvain instead of ferdinand
Just use both like I did for my church route run, also Ferdinand demands I learn heavy armor C+ to recruit him unlike Sylvain who I can get for free with lance of ruin. Ferdinand asks for too much and is almost the same unit as Sylvain in terms of stats.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN THE NEW YEAR
kiwifarms.net
Just use both like I did for my church route run, also Ferdinand demands I learn heavy armor C+ to recruit him unlike Sylvain who I can get for free with lance of ruin. Ferdinand asks for too much and is almost the same unit as Sylvain in terms of stats.
Yeah, Sylvain is a lot easier to recruit (even if you're not Female Byleth) but they're both decent units.

I reckon Ferdinand is marginally more annoying to recruit than say, Leonie (if you want effective horse-units) because Heavy Armour is more annoying to train but at least his B-support isn't story locked.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino