Food Stamp (SNAP) Revocations - Sombody's gotta feed my five kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysol

99.9% Bacteria and virus free.
kiwifarms.net
Not even close. It's actually pretty much the norm from what I've seen.
Well at least the thread title is possibly the most accurate I've seen on this site so far.

Because managing food is harder than managing money. You can't just drop off a single box of food a month.. it's a weekly thing because stuff spoils.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
That's a damn good start to reforming the system, if only we could have that done on a federal level.

Well if we cut it back to the bare essentials, the problem might solve itself, considering people having more kids when they're already on EBT might have something to do with the fact that it's no biggie to just get practically whatever luxury food you want, right up to fucking pizza, and the govt gives you more EBT bux the more kids you have.
Do you really think pizza is a luxury food? A frozen pizza is, like, four dollars. For that matter, I've seen lobsters for 3.99 a pound, and that's the beloved welfare queen 'luxury food' that all the hard earned tax payer dollars are going to.

Deadpool

We all got left behind.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Do you consider it a necessity? Also I'm not talking about shitty frozen pizzas, I'm talking about one prepared as a service, like you'd get from Pizza Hut.
See this I agree with. I don't think pizza hut or any fast food should be able to be purchased with ebt. I however have no problem with people buying frozen pizzas.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lmfao there is more locally sourced salt in the past 8 pages of this thread than there is in the gross canned beef preserves that'll be given out with Trump's food box :lol:

If you're wanting examples of what's in the box, I covered that here. It's basic shit ranging from canned beans, peanut butter, pasta, and powdered tard cum. It's not glamorous but it'll make a turd.

The situation with overhauling the EBT program is very pragmatic. The EBT system is able to tell when you're buying toilet paper, cigarettes, and shampoo and knows not to charge their amounts to your card. Knowing this, we can easily infer that it's possible to govern what can and cannot be bought with a food stamps card, so obviously the most reasonable course of action is to either deny people the ability to purchase shitty junk food outright (because the system would be able to identify someone buying $30 worth of Twinkies), or reallocate their monthly tugboats so that 80% of it can be used on traditional food and 20% can be used on "luxury" food items. Or something to that degree.

Likewise, abuse of the system could be heavily curtailed by incorporating a state-issued identification card or driver's license into the process of purchasing something on EBT. Swipe your food stamps card at the register, enter your PIN, and then swipe your ID to prove that it's you swiping the card. Cashier checks your ID just like if you were buying something with a credit card, and there you go. Easy.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net

Do you consider it a necessity? Also I'm not talking about shitty frozen pizzas, I'm talking about one prepared as a service, like you'd get from Pizza Hut.
You already can't buy prepared food with EBT (with the exception of Papa Murphy's, as discussed), so whatever Pizza Hut pizzas cost is irrelevant.

Besides, Congress thinks pizza is a vegetable, so surely they'd be fine with keeping it.

Desire Lines

shitposting russian queer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wow, this thread sure got heated, huh? With my first post, I was pretty much addressing the people who CAN work but don't want to. Yes, taking food stamps from disabled and elderly is shitty, but "food stamps" by itself is a terrible system because it gets abused, and the food isn't even good. There needs to be a huge overhaul of the system for disabled and elderly, because the food stamps are a pretty bad solution all around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino