Formula 1 Discussion - And favourite driver?

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think he got any for this maneuver in silverstone (please correct me if I am wrong)
He got 2 for the Copse dive bomb.

But I am already anticpating the welcome Lewis will recieve in Belgium and the Netherlands.
You just know the boos will be discredited as "well I'm sure someone made a monkey sound so muh racism". Just like the criticism he's gotten over his bullshit at weekend. He got all the teams (including RedBull) and the FIA to all put out statements supporting him due to a couple of racist comments online effectively changing the topic from his horrific driving.

I have the feeling we would have got the "muh Lewis got racist abuse just like the penalty floppers" articles no matter what happened at the GP. It was planned weeks ahead of time by the media to push their "UK racist" narrative.

This means Lewis can crash Max out 3 more times and Max can punt Lewis 5 times without a race ban.
After Silverstone I wouldn't be suprised if we see a lot more contact between the two. Why would Max give him that much room up the inside again when he can drive him to the wall and force him to back the fuck off? Remember it's leave a car's width, if he closed the gap between the wall and his car to exactly 1 cars width then it would be suicidal to try to go into it at that speed with zero margin.

All in all though I'm sure we'll see the marshals and FIA being as ineffective as ever in punishing bullshit. The problem with these 5 and 10 second penalties is that while they are nice for punishing minor infractions they keep getting used in place of more severe penalties for the more major stuff.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All in all though I'm sure we'll see the marshals and FIA being as ineffective as ever in punishing bullshit. The problem with these 5 and 10 second penalties is that while they are nice for punishing minor infractions they keep getting used in place of more severe penalties for the more major stuff.
I do think it's hard to really balance out this stuff and propperly define it. You really don't want this to suddenly turn into a crowbar that the teams throw at each other. Just imagine during the race before Silverstone and the many overtakes around the outside of the corner and the incidents there... Perez, for instance.

In this case, Lewis clearly caused a collision to hamper the guy who's beating his ass in the WDC, so while causing a collision in general gets a 10s penalty (independent of whether the other car was badly damaged or not), something like this should be under a lot more scrutiny. If this happens again and Lewis is at fault, FIA needs to get out the big guns, otherwise there's only one option for Verstappen: Run the moor into a barrier any time he approaches.

FIA could desiqualify Schumacher for an entire season, they clearly have enough liberties to tell Lewis to stop being a cunt in no uncertain terms.

Mercs in full damage control:
fucking cunt.jpg
James Allison is some bigwhiz dude at Mercedes and when you have to say something as vapid as the above statement in order to shift blame away from your golden negro, you're really up shit creek without a paddle.

Really, just think it through, this basically admits that Hamilton was running Verstappen of the track intentionally, you fucking dunce.

Also:
fd096674edd921b2.jpg

Last edited:

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no obligation to hit the apex but there is an obligation to give a car's widthwhen someone is alongside. Max left Hamilton more than a car's width up the inside, Hamilton's trajectory would not have left Max a cars width up the outside and he knew it.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no obligation to hit the apex but there is an obligation to give a car's widthwhen someone is alongside. Max left Hamilton more than a car's width up the inside, Hamilton's trajectory would not have left Max a cars width up the outside and he knew it.
Unfortunately, there is an obligation not to punch another driver in the face...
With behaviour like that of Lewis, you can expect the sport to devolve into bumper cars.

I mean, just look at how violent the crash looked from the stands:

From that perspective, you can tell how fast he was and how little the car slowed down before striking the barrier. Just goes to show how insane this act by Lewbloo of Quickmoor was.

Also:
4ee7fbafdc2a1d95.png

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SmartSelect_20210726-110227_Brave.jpg
SmartSelect_20210726-110304_Brave.jpg

Expensive dive bomb. Especially during cost cap era. It's probably going to hurt max further in the season too as that's a full PU, ERS and KERS destroyed of which they're limited. I expect to see a grid penalty for Max changing these later in the season due to the loss of these.

Masi has told them to fuck off with the running to see the stewards too.

SmartSelect_20210726-133542_Brave.jpg
SmartSelect_20210726-133601_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
kiwifarms.net
And now I'm hearing a local motorsports YouTube channel saying how it is sacrilegious and racist to criticize Hamilton and how Verstappen should speak out against... people calling Hamilton racist names, instead of "complaining over simple racing incidents."
Apparently, Hamilton is the real victim of this whole British GP shitshow.

Fuck Hamilton, and fuck his stans. I'm tired of all this shitshow. EVERY single sport has to have this grandstanding.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And now I'm hearing a local motorsports YouTube channel saying how it is sacrilegious and racist to criticize Hamilton and how Verstappen should speak out against... people calling Hamilton racist names, instead of "complaining over simple racing incidents."
Apparently, Hamilton is the real victim of this whole British GP shitshow.

Fuck Hamilton, and fuck his stans. I'm tired of all this shitshow. EVERY single sport has to have this grandstanding.
Yup they very efficiently changed the narrative overnight by picking the one or two racist comments from the 1000s of perfectly legitimate criticism. They managed to get Red Bull to put out a statement defending Hamilton almost immediately skipping over the whole him just happening to take out the person who is challenging him for the WDC in an obviously moronic maneuver.

I still think the muh racism media pieces about Hamilton getting hate after the British GP was planned out before the 1st practice even began. They linked it heavily to the supposed racist comments the three chokers at the euros got. They're trying to paint a very clear narrative of the UK being this racist hellhole and I can guarantee we'll be getting pieces about some GB Olympic athlete getting racist comments shortly.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hamilton caused the crash, Mercedes should foot the bill. It's the least that the team responsible for the crash can do.
Would be nice if there was also a clause for such a case that voids any penalties for changing PU/KERS/etc.

Frankly, if this is the game Mercedes wants to play, next time Max gets taken out by Hamilton, Yuki should go full Kamikaze in return when Hamilton laps him.
"Whoopsie daisy, looks like I totally shredded that mo-fo into a barrier. Yeah I'm gonna take my 10s penalty like a good boy, I hope Hamilton enjoys running out of PUs cause this shit ain't over yet."

I still think the muh racism media pieces about Hamilton getting hate after the British GP was planned out before the 1st practice even began. They linked it heavily to the supposed racist comments the three chokers at the euros got. They're trying to paint a very clear narrative of the UK being this racist hellhole and I can guarantee we'll be getting pieces about some GB Olympic athlete getting racist comments shortly.
It's going to be nothing compared to what we'll see after the Hungary GP...

Weeb Slinger

kiwifarms.net
Red Bull lodges FIA request to review Silverstone F1 clash

Archive: https://archive.md/7uRvV

Red Bull have rightly asked for a review of the Hamilton / Verstappen collision.

Given that this incident may decide the drivers' championship, and given that it was the kind of optimistic maneuverer one expects from a rookie, I feel an appropriate penalty would be to allow Hamilton to keep the win, but to dock his points for the race. There should probably be some financial restitution from Mercedes to Red Bull, given the cost of rebuilding the car.

That's just my gut reaction. There may be solid reasons why everything I have just written is a bad idea.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Red Bull lodges FIA request to review Silverstone F1 clash

Archive: https://archive.md/7uRvV

Red Bull have rightly asked for a review of the Hamilton / Verstappen collision.

Given that this incident may decide the drivers' championship, and given that it was the kind of optimistic maneuverer one expects from a rookie, I feel an appropriate penalty would be to allow Hamilton to keep the win, but to dock his points for the race. There should probably be some financial restitution from Mercedes to Red Bull, given the cost of rebuilding the car.

That's just my gut reaction. There may be solid reasons why everything I have just written is a bad idea.
Yup, they've challenged it under the "significant and relevant new element" part of the appeals process. I bet they've done a fair amount of analysis on all the data since the race. I don't remember the last time a team challenged a penalty for something on track rather than technical.

SmartSelect_20210728-092442_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210728-092504_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210728-092606_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210728-092526_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210728-092617_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210728-092632_Chrome.jpg

The problem as I see it is the most they'll probably be willing to do is either some extra time onto his Silverstone time (mabe dropping him to 2nd at worst) or a grid penalty for Hungary (that will be undone by the 5th lap at worst due to the car). The only way this will be significant is if they can show an element of deliberatenes from Hamilton, then it will probably just be a few extra penalty points. I guess what I'm saying overall is Hamilton is still going to come out of this better having gained 25 points over Max due to winning after pitching him off.

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I sort of wonder what kind of a shockwave would go through F1 if Red Bull is unhappy with the Stewards' ultimate decision and they just withdraw both RB and AT from F1 with immediate effect for being a clown-series full of idiots licking Mercedes boot.

Won't happen, that's for sure, but that would make F1 look really fucking bad, I'd wager. It's not like there's other racing series that RB could tear into.

New Fag

kiwifarms.net
I sort of wonder what kind of a shockwave would go through F1 if Red Bull is unhappy with the Stewards' ultimate decision and they just withdraw both RB and AT from F1 with immediate effect for being a clown-series full of idiots licking Mercedes boot.

Won't happen, that's for sure, but that would make F1 look really fucking bad, I'd wager. It's not like there's other racing series that RB could tear into.
That would be quite bad for f1 as I've heard that there is a minimum # of cars clause in contracts with circuits and possible others. Won't happen though.

The problem as I see it is the most they'll probably be willing to do is either some extra time onto his Silverstone time (mabe dropping him to 2nd at worst) or a grid penalty for Hungary (that will be undone by the 5th lap at worst due to the car). The only way this will be significant is if they can show an element of deliberatenes from Hamilton, then it will probably just be a few extra penalty points. I guess what I'm saying overall is Hamilton is still going to come out of this better having gained 25 points over Max due to winning after pitching him off.

I doubt the FIA will increase the penalty. The worst thing what'll happen would be a stern telling off behind closed doors of 'don't do it again'.

I'd enjoy them increasing the penalty just so I could laugh at the whiners.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That would be quite bad for f1 as I've heard that there is a minimum # of cars clause in contracts with circuits and possible others. Won't happen though.

I doubt the FIA will increase the penalty. The worst thing what'll happen would be a stern telling off behind closed doors of 'don't do it again'.

I'd enjoy them increasing the penalty just so I could laugh at the whiners.
All this would be way less of an issue if there was no cost-cap and limitation on usage of PUs and so on.
By crashing out your opponent, you essentially gain an advantage down the line. FFS this acts as an incentive to do exactly that: Crash out your opponent when they have a new PU/KERS etc when you're still running an old one that's sure to blow up soon anyway.

With a cost-cap, F1 needs a reimbursement mechanic in cases like this.

New Fag

kiwifarms.net
All this would be way less of an issue if there was no cost-cap and limitation on usage of PUs and so on.
By crashing out your opponent, you essentially gain an advantage down the line. FFS this acts as an incentive to do exactly that: Crash out your opponent when they have a new PU/KERS etc when you're still running an old one that's sure to blow up soon anyway.

With a cost-cap, F1 needs a reimbursement mechanic in cases like this.
This is what happens when the teams get a say on the rules 'this is fine our competitors will be worse off than us' literally happened with the 2014 engines, they all thought they would be merc and wanted to lock in that advantage.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The minimum is 16 so RB and AT could withdraw and it would be fine from that stand point. They won't leave of course, but it would be quite the panic at liberty media.

If they do drop below 16 then team have in their agreement that they go to 3 car teams which would certainly be interesting (and budgetary destruction for smaller teams).

Turns out Wolf wasn't just nagging Masi to read an email but it was also nonsense.

SmartSelect_20210729-011945_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20210729-012009_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20210729-012030_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20210729-012041_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The minimum is 16 so RB and AT could withdraw and it would be fine from that stand point. They won't leave of course, but it would be quite the panic at liberty media.

If they do drop below 16 then team have in their agreement that they go to 3 car teams which would certainly be interesting (and budgetary destruction for smaller teams).

Turns out Wolf wasn't just nagging Masi to read an email but it was also nonsense.

View attachment 2387842View attachment 2387843View attachment 2387844View attachment 2387845
And he had that shit ready within minutes of the crash. Hmmmm.
:thinking:

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much as expected. I didn't think there would be significant new evidence that the stewards didn't have access to at the time. They get all the GPS and telemetry data.

The only new info would have been get Max in there as he was being medically examined at the time so they didn't have access to that information but then what would have been significant about what he has to say?

Unfortunately the stewards made the right decision of blame but the wrong decision over the scale of penalty to apply, it was never going to get to a review as an obvious mistake.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There was never much of a chance for this decision to be revoked. At best, this could be a strategic decision to be used in the future, when Max just boots Hamilton off the track in the future.

PS:
Is that a photo of the old Hockenheim Ring?
That track is marvelous (especially before they added chicanes to the long straights), but the track's length caused some safety concerns, quite a shame.

It's tracks like that, that I miss dearly.

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PS:
Is that a photo of the old Hockenheim Ring?
That track is marvelous (especially before they added chicanes to the long straights), but the track's length caused some safety concerns, quite a shame.

It's tracks like that, that I miss dearly.
I have Google Earth on my desktop so reminisce over this satellite image from October 2000 where the two lengthy straights through the forest still have the track.
Hock2000.png