Formula 1 Discussion - And favourite driver?

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
The whole "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" thing doesn't really work with Alpine, does it? Though the A110 is pretty cool, just a shame Renault didn't come to the States along with Fiat.

Pee Cola

Ghana's number one carbonated beverage
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ngl I thought Alonso was past it. I've never been happier about being wrong. Sucks that Seb got disqualified; although tbh I don't trust FIA or the stewards, especially given how many favours they've granted M-B over the last few races. There's no way Hambone could have DSP-tier luck without some sort of fuckery going on behind the scenes.

The whole "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" thing doesn't really work with Alpine, does it? Though the A110 is pretty cool, just a shame Renault didn't come to the States along with Fiat.
"Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" died out years ago.

I've had Ocon in my team all season but not TD, paid off today.
Shit... I forgot about that! No wonder I'm (probably) dead last.

Last edited:

Full Race Replay

or Full, for short
kiwifarms.net
LOL, yeah, probably smart move to stop copying me! HAHA It shows, I am exactly 300 pts behind you in 4th place.

Amazingly, @Full Race Replay Team2 managed to outscore everyone today with 128 points to your now 102 with the Vettel DSQ. But his team is in 11th so no threat to your lead! :P That would have been a nice haul for his team currently sitting P2 and would close the gap a bit with you. But you two are looking good over the rest of us sad sacks.

Today was the day to have Alpine as your constructor with Ocon your TD or MD. Not choices I am sure that were made on a wide scale.
lol, i saw there was a first time winner, so i watched the highlights afterwards. The restart was pretty surreal, seeing hamilton start all by himself, pretty unique stuff. Of course, so happy for Ocon, first time winners and podium finishers are always classics. Too bad for Vettel, didn't catch what the disqualification was for but was hoping it would be another feel good moment for the guy. And Hamilton completed his championship comeback in the 2nd unsatisfactory race in a row (not his fault at all this time of course, but pretty hilarious that it came about from the infamous race start bottler valteri). P.S. if my fantasy teams do well i guess it will be the Jochen Rindt of fantasy teams

whoops, almost forgot...my boy russel finally scored points (and not just in his one off for mercedes). That was great to see, even though i dont give a shit about the williams team anymore, good for him

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
It's kinda funny the official result still has Vettel on P2. But this is just the provisional result pending the result from the FIA investigation

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
whoops, almost forgot...my boy russel finally scored points (and not just in his one off for mercedes). That was great to see, even though i dont give a shit about the williams team anymore, good for him
He monkey pawed those points alright. Got the points but outscored by Latifi.

In other news hambone is still getting his ass kicked by the coof and it seems to be getting worse.

SmartSelect_20210802-094823_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20210802-094841_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20210802-094852_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20210802-094905_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
He monkey pawed those points alright. Got the points but outscored by Latifi.

In other news hambone is still getting his ass kicked by the coof and it seems to be getting worse.

View attachment 2402540View attachment 2402541View attachment 2402542View attachment 2402543
On a serious note do you think that these symptoms make him make more mistakes this year? Imola a brake mistake where he got lucky with the red flag. Baku a magic button mistake. Silverstone the mistake and shunting Verstappen. and in Hungary he is exhausted after a lap long fight with one of the toughest wheel to wheel driver. If Red Bull can bring back their luck i forsee Hamilton having serious problems keeping up. We have some of the hardest tracks coming up, Spa alone is a hard track for any driver and who knows what comes next in terms of weather and battles

blablabla

kiwifarms.net
if mercedes stop fucking crashing into rbr i dont see a way they dont win the titles. yesterday max was already second and gunning from hamilton before bottas fucked it all up

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On a serious note do you think that these symptoms make him make more mistakes this year? Imola a brake mistake where he got lucky with the red flag. Baku a magic button mistake. Silverstone the mistake and shunting Verstappen. and in Hungary he is exhausted after a lap long fight with one of the toughest wheel to wheel driver. If Red Bull can bring back their luck i forsee Hamilton having serious problems keeping up. We have some of the hardest tracks coming up, Spa alone is a hard track for any driver and who knows what comes next in terms of weather and battles
I mean dude said its been difficult training since December, that he was struggling at Silverstone and needed people to physically help him step up onto the podium or get out of a seat at the press conference at Hungary. It seems like it's actually progressing. If I was him I'd be worried about physically finishing the season let alone winning if he's declining like this. Not like Hungary is renoun as a particularly physical track nor was it nonstop wheel to wheel action.

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
I mean dude said its been difficult training since December, that he was struggling at Silverstone and needed people to physically help him step up onto the podium or get out of a seat at the press conference at Hungary. It seems like it's actually progressing. If I was him I'd be worried about physically finishing the season let alone winning if he's declining like this. Not like Hungary is renoun as a particularly physical track nor was it nonstop wheel to wheel action.
Ocon stated he was also quiet exhausted since it was warm and humid in hungary (but that is often the norm when F1 races there). If Hamilton is really that affected then some races might be very hard for him. Or he is just fishing for sympathy by making himself more vulnerable.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Couldn't watch the race, what a shame, seems it was a good one and the highlight reel doesn't really carry the same punch.

Though some thoughts: Bottas is done. This was just icing on the cake and RBR should go take a whip to FIA to reign in Mercedes and their shitshow. I swear to god, if there had been no McLaren involved and Bottas had crashed into the RBs directly, I would never even humored the thought that it is anything but a deliberate act. This way, it's plain to see that Bottas just did a really lousy mistake, but the penalty is so insanely light, it might as well be a freebie.

Vettel seemed to have had a great race and now gets fucked in the eye-socket by FIA bullshit. F1 rules demand that there needs to be 1l of fuel to be tested at any time during the race weekend and now Vettel's tank is too low... but the thing is: The fuel line itself holds 1.7l of fuel, so there's still enough fuel in the car to satisfy that requirement. AM is going to contest FIA's decision and I am really eager to find out how they will decide it. If they go "Nuh-huh, the fuel needs to be in the tank for no fucking reason, we don't care that it was 2l in the car in total!" I am going to piss boiling blood for a good week.
The rule does not specify where the fuel comes from, if they have to suck it out of the fucking fuel lines, so be it. As long as there's 1 fucking litre, that's all that matters.

Full Race Replay

or Full, for short
kiwifarms.net
bruh
unnamed.jpg

Ticktum dropped as Williams development driver

Ticktum dropped as Williams development driver
Michelle Foster
Dan Ticktum
Williams development driver Dan Ticktum has been dropped by the team after less than two years in the role.

The Formula 2 driver, who was twice released from the Red Bull programme, was handed a Formula 1 lifeline by Williams in December 2019.

The team signed him as their development driver for the 2020 season, a deal that was extended into this year’s championship.

He has spent a lot of time working in the simulator at the team’s factory in Grove and has also impressed in Formula 2, currently occupying P4 in the standings.

Given such strong form, he was thought to be on the team’s list of candidates to replace George Russell should the Briton be called up by Mercedes.

It now seems certain that will not be the case though, with the British team informing the official Formula 1 website that he has been dropped.

The news came after details emerged about comments Ticktum had made regarding Russell’s team-mate, Nicholas Latifi.

Streaming on Twitch while playing Call of Duty: Warzone, the 22-year-old sang: “Do-be-do-be-do, Latifi is poo, Rosberg is a cheat.”

Show your support for Williams with their latest official merchandise collection

He repeated “Latifi is a poo” before adding “why does that still make me laugh?”

One of his Twitch viewers was not impressed, writing “I mean he’s in F1, you’re in F2…”

Ticktum turned his ire on that commentator.

“I mean he’s older than me, he paid to get there,” he said. “Moron. F**king idiot.”

Kicking the viewer off his channel, he ranted: “I’m bored, go away, like I don’t want someone like that on my f**king channel. Goodbye.”

Ticktum then explained to the friend he was playing with, who said he would “rather be the best in F2 than the worst in F1”, that it is “not like divisions, it’s not like League 1 and the Premier League, where you come up through the ranks.

“And just because you don’t get to Formula 1 in motorsport it doesn’t mean you weren’t good enough to get there, you know what I mean?”

On Instagram though, the 22-year old has claimed the comments made had nothing to do with him being dropped, with that decision being made prior to the stream.

“Myself and Williams parted ways before the recent Latifi incident, just so people know,” he said.

“It wasn’t announced until now as there was no option for an F1 seat in 2022 for me.

“Thank you to Williams for the opportunity! Hope to work together in the future!”

Ironically, Ticktum’s criticism of Latifi came as the Canadian raced to his first ever top-10 finish in Formula 1, bringing his FW43B home in seventh place at the Hungarian Grand Prix, ahead of the much-lauded Russell, who was P8.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The rule does not specify where the fuel comes from, if they have to suck it out of the fucking fuel lines, so be it. As long as there's 1 fucking litre, that's all that matters.
Turns out I was wrong. In the hybrid era, fuel may not be taken from the fuel lines, it needs to come from the tank.
Aston Martin claims that according to the fuel consumption measured by that FIA probe during the race and the amount of fuel they tanked before the race, there should be 1.44l inside the tank even after the 300ml have been removed. They claim that the pump to remove the fuel is broken and will ask to replace it, in order to provide the fuel sample.

Replacing the pump would be allowed in this case. But this will happen after the car has been brought to France and replacing the pump will happen under the watchful eye of FIA marshals.