• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
  1. The site is being DDoS attacked again. Sorry!
    10:50am EST: Attack is ramping up again.

Diseased GamerGateAutistic MRA manchildren and the twitter feminists who love them

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Dynastia, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Because he's always got a hand up his ass.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Water-T

Water-T Let's go crunch some numbers!

kiwifarms.is
  2. I know we're supposed to hate SFO here because he's on good terms with Sargon, but that's a stupid reason to hate someone, and at any rate this video does a good job of covering a recent GG-tangental controversy:

tl;dw: A new high-level Overwatch player going by the handle "Ellie" started climbing up the ranks incredibly quickly. People following the game were trying to look into her and figure out who she was and where she came from, and got suspicious that they couldn't find anything; she basically came out of nowhere. Her Twitch profile got subscribers and donations, and she was even offered a spot on a pro team. Some gamers started speculating that "Ellie" only worked the headset while some other known high-level player was actually playing. Cue Nathan Grayson and fwiends typing furiously from their fainting couches about the misogynists who just can't stand that there's a high-level female player in their favorite game and how nobody would ever suspect anything if she had a male nickname and voice. The whole thing comes to a head when a female pro player called Aspen revealed on her stream that "Ellie" was in fact a "social experiment," and a male pro player called Punisher was actually the one playing the whole time - the skeptics were 100% correct and Kotaku and the Mary Sue got bamboozled because they couldn't allow themselves to be at least a little bit skeptical of a female for any reason.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Least Concern

Least Concern Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else

kiwifarms.is
  3. *Player comes out of nowhere, background is hazy, and they climb the ranks super quick*

*Gamers think this is suspicious and investigate*

The MaREEEEEEE Sue: "OMG MALE GAMERS JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE FACT THAT GIRLS PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOOOOOO!11111"

*Turns out "Ellie" is literally a Fake Gamer Girl*

The MaREEEEEEEE Sue: "OMG THIS IS WHY GIRLS ARE AFRAID TO GAME IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF MEEEENNNNNNNNNN1!111!"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Water-T

Water-T Let's go crunch some numbers!

kiwifarms.is
  4. Least Concern

kiwifarms.is
  5. Richard Lewis tends to know what he's talking about so I'll take his word for it. Then again, I haven't been on Twitter in years so who knows how much he's changed.

kiwifarms.is
  6. LOL no one here is supposed to hate anyone just because someone tells them to.

We hate on people because it's fun to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    neural

neural #MakeTheFootClanGreatAgain
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  7. Is there any real evidence for the "OVERWATCH IS DYING! IT'S NEARLY FUCKING DEAD!" shit I keep seeing? Because all I ever see when people talk about is how Twitch and Youtube "content creators" are bored with it and therefore nobody must be playing it anymore. People have been saying that shit for years about Team Fortress, too, and I don't think I've ever seen it not be in the Top 10 by current players chart which can't be explained by "idling" anymore.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  8. There is always this entourage of hangers-on that follows every new fandom and tries to make money out of it when it's "hot" and then moves on to some other shit with no fan loyalty whatsoever. If they're moving on to something else, any fandom is better off without that swarm of locusts sucking all the joy out of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
  9. I don’t watch YouTube or twitch but it seems to me fortnite is far more popular than overwatch with less of the lgbt/tumblr crowd playing it and no forced gay characters. Overwatch and tf2 will always have their core players but they’re falling behind the battle royale games because they’re the flavor of the month.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  10. Being smaller than literally the biggest videogame on the planet means "dying"?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  11. Declining? I dunno, I certainly wouldn't call Overwatch 'dying'. It's no longer at its peak by any measure, but I think it's easily got a couple years left in it. As long as a multiplayer game can pretty much immediately produce enough players to start a match, I'd call it healthy.

kiwifarms.is
  12. Think all of blizzard is dying. Either way overwatch is terrible.

kiwifarms.is
  13. R
    Mary Sue is an actual site. I can only imagine what kind of shitshow it is.

kiwifarms.is
    • Informative Informative x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
  14. Crossposting the shocking bombshell revelations from ResetERA:
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/hy...terfered-in-the-2016-american-election.94326/
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  15. OP is a troll, right? I mean, calling themself a "polymath" and an "amateur anthropologist?"

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Least Concern

kiwifarms.is
  16. So in other words those horrible horrible little neck bearded basement dwelling incel gamers that died and went away 4 years ago, and nobody should pay any attention to... actually took over the world? And did so while the media and the entirety of the progressive left was naming shaming and demonizing them? And these are the people that the ReeeesetERA morons still want to fuck with?

kiwifarms.is
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  17. Well he's not wrong when he calls himself an amautuer.

kiwifarms.is
  18. The 21st Century didn't really start ... until GamerGate did. :story::story:

GamerGate starting was the equivalent of the Armistice from World War I. :story:

Making Zoe Quinn's naughty bits Franz Ferdinand, I guess?

The ‘innocent internet’ died and the 21st century was born [Opinion]

Archive

Outline - since the Archive version has formatting issues

• Informative Informative x 3
    #1480 Elwood P. Dowd, Jan 19, 2019 at 9:08 AM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019 at 9:13 AM
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.