Games and Jay -

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
Alien: Isolation could be interesting, if Jay finally gets a PC that can run new games. I'm almost certain he'd find it far to scary and bravely run away, though.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So watching him play TF2 was interesting but also extremely boring.

- He can't keep track of fast paced stuff. Everyone jumping around and shooting is just too much for him
- He isn't a bad sport but he also is. While he'd actually say "That was smart!" to the spy that killed him he also seemed to hate it just because he wasn't good.
- Jay thinks a fair fight is only a fight he's likely to win.
- Jay would rather retreat into tutorial and kill the most basic AI than actually learn why he's getting the fuck blown out of him.
- He doesn't care so much about overcoming challenges. Really. He doesn't give a fuck at all. Don't try to sell that idea to him.

I'm starting to think an RTS would be a great idea just because the multiplayer can be longer and when his fans play with him they can fuck with him just enough so he doesn't instantly die at the beginning and can feel like he's making some headway before people actually get serious. He'd probably enjoy building up his army and watching units slaughter each other. Of course he'll probably become confused as fuck as the need for micromanagement increases but like I said if his fans play with him then they can keep the pressure somewhat manageable. If they decided to kill him in one swoop or let him win would be up to them.

Some scary shit would be funny too though.

Coster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So watching him play TF2 was interesting but also extremely boring.

- He can't keep track of fast paced stuff. Everyone jumping around and shooting is just too much for him
- He isn't a bad sport but he also is. While he'd actually say "That was smart!" to the spy that killed him he also seemed to hate it just because he wasn't good.
- Jay thinks a fair fight is only a fight he's likely to win.
- Jay would rather retreat into tutorial and kill the most basic AI than actually learn why he's getting the fuck blown out of him.
- He doesn't care so much about overcoming challenges. Really. He doesn't give a fuck at all. Don't try to sell that idea to him.
Lemme tell you, if I had my desktop here with me in my new home I'd dominate the shit out of him in TF2. I'm rusty, but my Spy loadout is cheap and deadly. Also I play pretty good suicide Heavy on the side.

On a related note, none of this surprises me in the slightest. Jay considers failure an ultimate end-all consequence, as opposed to an opportunity to learn from your mistakes. TF2 is almost entirely trial-and-error in terms of how you play your class, what loadout you use, how you use it, etc.

Some scary shit would be funny too though.
Except he's a pussy who needs to stay in complete control of a situation in order to feel comfortable. Five Nights at Freddy's was an endless circuit of his whining about how he doesn't like scary games, and the entire stream had to talk him out of backing out of it.

StallChaser

Wolf-Souled Individual
kiwifarms.net
Just checked the games he completed list from his DA.
A couple of PS2 games are included in that list.

He still might have his PS2 in a storage somewhere or he sold it off.
The PS2 can be emulated pretty well. I don't know if his computer would be able to, but it could work for streaming if he doesn't have a video capture card.

wheat pasta

You're not real! Fuck you!
kiwifarms.net
He has a PS2 emu, I remember us having a somewhat lengthy conversation about it once. .. Shit, I think that was Jay anyway. Now I don't remember >.>;

Lascannon

kiwifarms.net
He has a PS2 emu, I remember us having a somewhat lengthy conversation about it once. .. Shit, I think that was Jay anyway. Now I don't remember >.>;
Well from what I can remember him playing was a Digimon game that might have used a PS or PS2 emu.
This all happen in twitch BTW.

Jaimas

Turned a Haro Into a Fighting Machine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll happily join one of Jay's TF2 games if someone gives me the server address. I main Demoman, though I can run other classes as needed (just don't expect me to run Spy or Sniper).

For RTS Games, might I recommend Shockwave?

It's a mod for C&C Generals: Zero Hour, which Jay's rig could run handily.

For the uninitiated, Zero Hour was the expansion for Generals - a great idea in theory, but it was forcibly rushed when EA was in one of its nascent cycles (EA goes through shifts; I'll explain this some other time), and the game suffered for it. Thankfully, the community revived it and turned it into a vastly better game with better balance and way more units, implementing the factions the way the developers originally intended using design notes for the original game. Among other things, it restores and completely revamps the three cut factions from the game, changing Leang from a challenge-only boss-super-CO with all construction options to her own beast entirely with unique tech and upgrades, fitting nicely with the rest of the Chinese factions. Deathstrike and Ironside, both cut, are implemented, adding tons of new content to a game that they've already added a mountain to. The result is that it's a deeper, better game, and one that's honestly way more fun to play - the mod has won Mod of the Year for several years running on ModDB, a testament to its raw quality.

If you're a fan of Westwood RTSes, this mod has a lot to love, as it implements lots of nods to other games developed by the same team, and manages to do them in a way that the references aren't jarring or out-of-place. For example, one of the units the revamped Leang has is a modified Dragon Tank (flame tank) that bears a resemblance to the Flame Tank from C&C: Tiberium Dawn. Another great example is General Alexander, who boasts a primtive version of the Shatterer from C&C3's Expansion. The game is chock-full of win, and includes all the fun and madness of the original Zero Hour. Yes, even the best upgrade sound in the history of mankind. It has a few flaws (It is a mod for an old game after all), but amongst all the various RTS games I play with my friends, this one's one we keep coming back to like a familiar lover, a place of honor it holds alongside the likes of Age of Empires 2 and the first Dawn of War and its expansions.

He'll need Hamachi or the like to play it Multiplayer, though. He could start off facing the comp via General's Challenge mode to get used to some of the factions before testing the waters against the Kiwi's legion of trained RTS Commanders.

GlassArmour

This is my scheming face
kiwifarms.net
I want to convince him to play Transistor, though I fear the story will be lost on him and he'll just gush over Red the entire time.

Jackie Chin

The Man, the Myth, the Legend
kiwifarms.net
I'll happily join one of Jay's TF2 games if someone gives me the server address. I main Demoman, though I can run other classes as needed (just don't expect me to run Spy or Sniper).
Add me on steam. I've got Jay on my friends list

Q

QL 702

kiwifarms.net
I think Fibbage would be a great game for the stream. For anyone who doesn't know it's a multiplayer trivia game by the people behind You Don't Know Jack. Players are asked a question and must type a fake but convincing answer that is then pooled together with everyone else's answers. The aim is to write an answer that the other players will believe while trying to find the correct answer. The main draw is that anyone can join the game as long as they have the room code regardless of whether or not they bought it.

sm0t

Did someone...mention a cow?!
kiwifarms.net
Black and White 2 - You're a god and it can be tempting to be evil since it's often a faster way of conquering. The interesting aspect would be to see what how evil Jay would be. You can teach your creature to eat and throw around your followers if you want. Would he create slums so he can support a higher population to fuel his armies or would he build villas and create happy citizens so other towns would become so impressed they'd convert to worshipping him? What if Jay was so neglectful that his followers left him?
You also discipline your creature by beating the shit out of it, so bonus for his sadism towards animals.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You also discipline your creature by beating the shit out of it, so bonus for his sadism towards animals.
Yeah, that was another reason. Although I get the feeling Jay would just send his creature to attack cities and neglect it since they just respawn over and over again if they die. I'm for almost any game where we can see Jay play a king or god and control a city and allow him to become a benevolent ruler or just be corrupt with power.

I thought about suggesting Dungeon Keeper 2 but the point of that whole series IS to be the bad guy so it isn't like he'd have a choice. He'd love it though. I mean, the game has a Mistress unit who uses the torture chambers on themselves for fun and you can hear them groan from across the map. Most people find it annoying as fuck but I think Jay would get off on it. It might be what Postal 2 was to Jace. Want a creature to work faster for a bit? Slap it around. Starve heroes in the prison and they'll join your army as skeletons. Torture and heal hero units until they convert to your side. Make your creatures fight in an arena for your own amusement and watch them become better fighters.

Jaimas

Turned a Haro Into a Fighting Machine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The battle report from Operation: Jay vs. Machine is up. Like many things involving GK, it ended unspectacularly and in failure.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The battle report from Operation: Jay vs. Machine is up. Like many things involving GK, it ended unspectacularly and in failure.
He'd probably just shout "Go team! YEAAAAAH" and then the rest of the team would have to carry the slack and babysit him. I imagine that's how his time at Geek Squad will also go.

Jackie Chin

kiwifarms.net
He'd probably just shout "Go team! YEAAAAAH" and then the rest of the team would have to carry the slack and babysit him. I imagine that's how his time at Geek Squad will also go.
That's actually what we were thinking, but in the end we probably went through 6 tours with hardly any problem. Most of the bots were stopped by the sentries beforre they would've even gotten up to jay, or before jay got down to them.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's actually what we were thinking, but in the end we probably went through 6 tours with hardly any problem. Most of the bots were stopped by the sentries beforre they would've even gotten up to jay, or before jay got down to them.
So was Jay any good or were you guys just good enough to keep shit off him?

Jackie Chin

kiwifarms.net
So was Jay any good or were you guys just good enough to keep shit off him?
He was going to play as Heavy, then crashed so we will never know. Odds are he would've sprayed and prayed, and the engies kept shit off of almost everyone.
My screen was cluttered with "JackieChin's Sentry shot down Heavybots"

Had Jay's rig not blown up, I'm sure he would've sat in the middle of the map bumbling around for a few seconds, never upgrade his stuff (unless we told him to), and then scream hhis way out of the hordes of enemies. Maybe we'll find out this christmas what will go on in MvM with Jay.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino