Games on Steam you recommend -

witthel

Eternally restless
kiwifarms.net
So I assume that everyone here is bored as shit due to the quarantine, and what's a great way to alleviate boredom? Video games!

Posts links to steam games you'd think people here will enjoy.

I'll start off.

Games for Users That Have Money to Throw Away (Anything $9.99 and above.)

Games for Users That Are Stingy (Anything below #9.99.)

Games That Cost Nothing at All

Unoriginal Username

Playing a Real Shen Megoomi Tensay Game
kiwifarms.net
A few obvious ones and a few I've personally enjoyed, ZOTE is a fun mech game, The Pedestrian is a decent indie puzzle game and Yakuza 0 and New Vegas speak for themselves

Swiss46

Clanner Scum
kiwifarms.net

Omikron: the Nomad Soul is on sale and while I wouldn't call it a good game it is an interesting game with the benefit of having David Bowie in it.

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Crazy Taxi is $8

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
A few obvious ones and a few I've personally enjoyed, ZOTE is a fun mech game, The Pedestrian is a decent indie puzzle game and Yakuza 0 and New Vegas speak for themselves
I didn't know there was a ZoE game on PC. WTF. I love Konami now!

Binary Domain. Quite a hidden gem.

Speaking of games you didn't expect to see on PC, Killer7.

Moonbase Alpha. Text to speech shitposting in space.

Organ Trail. Oregon Trail with zombies.

Slave Zero. An old robot game that's pretty cool. Not perfect, but pretty cool.

Space Pirates and Zombies. Arcadey Star Control 2.

Zeno Clash 1 and 2. A first person beat 'em up series.

Flower. Don't laugh. Being petals in the wind is relaxing. Unlike the original on PS3, no annoying motion controls.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
If you're into metroidvania games, this is a must-play. Gorgeous visuals, emotional soundtrack, and improves on the gameplay from the first title.

That Darn Mimic

Memmec will be back.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ys: The Oath in Felghana. It's short but frantic and worth a few playthroughs.

Romancing SaGa 3. Experimental JRPG with a fun world to explore and mechanics to get used to.

Langrisser I&II. Strategy games akin to Fire Emblem but with different mechanics and music.

Absolute Brainlet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
kiwifarms.net
It`s not out yet, but I`ll shill it anyway
Of course, always gotta recommend this hidden horror gem
And this one too
This one`s obligatory

dreamworks face

Model bugman
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing through Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass on Steam. It's 10.99 now but even at full price it's a gem.

Jimmy is reminiscent of Earthbound, but adds its own spin - e.g., the main character can change into other characters and that mechanic is used to solve puzzles in the world map, and the game has horror elements. The game is very funny and well written.

It's a long ass game - I have over 30 hours in and it's still going.

The downsides are
a) There's no FAQ for this game, and it's hard as balls at some points.
b) It was made RPGMaker, so the controller support is a bit wonky (e.g. it only recognizes first connected controller, and if you use an xbox controller you need to turn off xbox controller support in steam.)
c) No cloud saves.

witthel

Eternally restless
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing through Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass on Steam. It's 10.99 now but even at full price it's a gem.

Jimmy is reminiscent of Earthbound, but adds its own spin - e.g., the main character can change into other characters and that mechanic is used to solve puzzles in the world map, and the game has horror elements. The game is very funny and well written.

It's a long ass game - I have over 30 hours in and it's still going.

The downsides are
a) There's no FAQ for this game, and it's hard as balls at some points.
b) It was made RPGMaker, so the controller support is a bit wonky (e.g. it only recognizes first connected controller, and if you use an xbox controller you need to turn off xbox controller support in steam.)
c) No cloud saves.
I've actually beaten this game, and all I'm gonna say is that the twist at the was entirely unexpected and depressing as all hell. (Hopefully I didn't spoil anything for you.)

Some Manajerk

kiwifarms.net
If you're looking for a game to scratch the Fire Emblem itch, Banner of the Maid is a good one. pretty much lifts the entire battle system wholesale, complete with weapon triangle.

Reactions: Hans

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
One Step from Eden. Rogue like Battle Network with online co-op and vs. So basically, everything we wanted for BN.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Knows Kung-Flu
kiwifarms.net
For the story, I’d say LISA is probably one of my favorite games, but it’s not for everyone.
For gameplay, Rimworld is a fun base building game that has sucked many hours from many lives. Risk of Rain, both the original and the sequel, are fantastic rougelikes that are made in ways that encourage replays. If you just want to relax and chill, Slime Rancher is Chao Garden levels of cute shit, highly recommended.

Last edited:
Tags
None