• "I googled it and found hentai."

General Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Hulkamania' started by Frank Rizzo, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hopefully the WWE wont just spunk Ronda's potential away and try and build up her matches with Asuka and Charlotte properly and space them out between the big PPVs

• Agree Agree x 1
    Chaos Theorist

Chaos Theorist It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle

kiwifarms.is
  2. Reminds me of that time Johnny Ace got FUed and had an oddly neutral expression.
    :story:

Bullshit aside what I saw of both Rumbles wasn't bad.

Glad to hear Rey was just a one-off because The Crash would be in really bad shape if he bailed on them, they lost a couple of their bigger names to AAA this weekend in a "work two companies in one night" jumping ship situation.

XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.is
  3. 20120123_raw_v_jl_gts_c_large1.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. oh okay, I knew it was some horizontal thing, thanks

I bet that looked like shit. GTS only looked good if the guy was smaller than Punk.

XYZpdq

kiwifarms.is
  5. She was pretty over in the attitude era
    She got fucked over in the ruthless agression era with her super sidekick stuff then stuck with a prude gimmick

I was hoping Nidia Guenard would show up for the women's rumble or maybe piper niven but it went better than expected

• Agree Agree x 1
    MMX

MMX Big in japan
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. I'm honestly a bit disappointed that when asuka won someone didnt ask her who she wanted to fight at wrestlemania and she just replies "All of them" and lays out both Alexa and Charlotte. Also no nikki cross is kinda lame her character is kinda perfect for the rumble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    PLB

PLB

kiwifarms.is
  7. Gotta make room for nostalgia
    Can't have people getting over early

• Informative Informative x 1
    MMX

MMX Big in japan
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  8. DUzAMyqW0AAx28T.jpg

• Winner  x 5
    • Like  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
    • Agree Agree x 1
    TiggerNits

TiggerNits Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. Just heard that Nakamura won, just patiently waiting for people to defend his out of nowhere push when compared to Jinder Mahal

fartsnstuf

fartsnstuf Ajit Pai's Head of Security

kiwifarms.is
  10. Meanwhile down in Mexico...
    AAA's been successful at streaming their tv tapings live on twitch two Fridays in a row!
    As far as I understand there's another one next week too.
    And it looks like the CMLL-connected Liga Elite is coming back.

XYZpdq

kiwifarms.is
  11. Nakamura has a bunch of legitimacy even if you only include WWE main roster, he beat dolph who was being used as a gatekeeper even if the matches werent mind blowing, he beat Cena, he was in the main event scene for a while even if he lost to jinder but he was still booked strong in that feud, he has been tagging with randy who will probably always be seen as a main eventer and was booked strong in those matches generally getting the hot tag and beating everyone up setting up randy to tag in and rko for the victory.
    Meanwhile jinder was a jobber, won like 2 matches before his title match against randy and was only booked to win without assistance like twice during his reign. He had bad segments bad matches and it was obvious he was only champion because they were trying to push the wwe network in india.
    Nakamuras win rate since being on the main roster is 87%, AJ has a 55% and jinder has 19%. Saying that jinders push is in anyway equivalent to nakamuras is dumb.
    The royal rumble is one of like 3 ppvs that you use to push people forward into the main event and give them legitimacy. Aj has also been very vocal about wanting a match with nakamura at wrestlemania and by god if aj wanted a match against james elseworth/a blowup doll/a 9 year old girl at wrestlemania i would be all for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    PLB

PLB

kiwifarms.is
  12. I remember them. She had a great chokeslam.

XYZpdq

kiwifarms.is
  13. you're right, but the casualized audience wouldn't know of Nakamura's IWGP and NXT works; so the fanbase is only exposed to his somewhat lackluster matches and feud of Dolph, Randy Orton is atypical (same problem that Jinder faced), Jinder didn't mesh well together, so Cena was the best one so far. Just because out of all the choices

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    fartsnstuf

fartsnstuf Ajit Pai's Head of Security

kiwifarms.is
    XYZpdq

kiwifarms.is
  15. So i've been missing WWE stuff for months now (Since about the time Kevin Owens beat up Shane in front of his kids) so what did i miss?

kiwifarms.is
  16. Smackdown:
    KO headbutted Vince McMahon and made hjim bleed. Shane tried to murder KO by jumping off hell in the cell and sami turned heel by saving his life. Shane tried multiple times to fire KO and sami including being the special referee in a match where if they lost they would be fired and just refusing to do the 3 count so daniel bryan who was also a special geust referee did a fast count in response. Daniel bryan decided to be a gm of chaos to counteract shanes vendetta including making a handicap match between AJ and KO-sami for the WWE title at the royal rumble. Also AJ beat jinder in the UK for the title and again just after. Dolph beat corbyn and bobby Roode in a triple threat for the US title and then vacated it the next show. Bobby Roode beat jinder to win the US title.

Raw:
    On raw the shield officially reformed seth and dean won the tag titles and roman won the intercontinental title while miz went to shoot a movie dean got injured the bar won the tag titles so jason jordan replaced dean until he got injured like a week ago. Roman lost the title to miz at raw 25 and on monday went for the tag titles with seth but lost when jason interfeered and got them disqualified by attacking the bar as they went to leave. Kane came back and started a fued with strowman that lead to a triple threat for the universal title where kane took the pin from brock. Matt Hardy became officialy woken(the wwe equivalent of broken) but not much has happened yet, he started a fued with bray wyatt but its on a slow burn, also jeff is injured so he hasnt been there to help out the story. Titus world wide arent just a jobber faction anymore and dana brooke has taken on a manager role with them as their statistician. Elias is great at minipulating the audience and is generally really entertaining, has a lot of the crowd behind him until he says their town sucks/local team is bad.

Cruiser weights:
    Rich swan and enzo got fired, hideo itami arrived and it looks like cedric alexander is gonna be the next champion. Also rockstar spud just joined as the GM of the cruiser weights.

Womens divisions:
    Paige returned to raw with mandy rose and sonya deville to form absolution but paige got injured by sasha banks during a house show and had to retire within a month. Ruby Riot Sarah logan and Liv morgon got called up to smackdown and turned heel forming the Riott squad on the same week as absolution formed. Asukas being asuka and beating everyone, Ronda Rousey turned up at the royal rumble and ominously pointed at the wrestlemania sign.

NXT.
    Cien almous revoked his los ingobernables roots with the help of a manager and beat drew McIntyre (who got injured in the match) for the title War games was a beautiful mess, The undisputed era (kyle oriley bobby fish and adam cole) have been going around messing with everyone. Ember moon won the vacated title and shayna bazler joined and beat up everyone but ember moon who barely escaped with her title. The velveteen dream and Alistair Black had a surprisingly great feud about dream wanting senpai to notice him.

Thats pretty much everything i could think of as noteworthy from the past like 6 months.

Edit: Ohh yeah there has also been a trend of faces doing incredibly heelish things but still being treated like the good guys, i.e. everything shane has done and AJ recently trying to injure KO when he wasnt in the match and the usos using them being identical twins to hold onto their tag titles when there had been significant brawling on the outside which generally just resets whos legal to whoever gets back in the ring and stays there and having another ref come out from the back even when the match had already been called.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    #3137 PLB, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    PLB

PLB

kiwifarms.is

17. I can't believe I ever doubted Braun.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Magic Sun Daddy

Magic Sun Daddy Get on the ball, bitch.

kiwifarms.is
  18. Elias and Rusev Dav have both gotten super over on their respective shows. (For different reasons: Elias is an amazingly charismatic heel, whereas Rusev is getting an almost face reaction.. Despite still technically being a heel.) Don't expect WWE to give either a push though.

UnKillFill

UnKillFill Happy February history month, y'all.

kiwifarms.is
  19. Rusev wont get pushed but id say that Elias is getting a pretty good push for what he is at this point in his career, like compare him to Tye Dillinger who debuted a few months earlier and did not that much during his first 6 months and then disappeared from TV as soon as he went out of the US title scene. All he's done since is not enter the royal rumble and get voted 10 in the top 10 smackdown superstars 'as voted on by the smackdown roster and totally not rigged'.

Vince/creative have proven that they will completely disregard fan reaction if it doesnt fit in with their pre set plans i.e. it doesnt matter how much the crowd gets behind Rusev he will not have a face turn.

• Agree Agree x 1
    PLB

PLB

kiwifarms.is