• ”we have an Italian OP telling us about an all Asian film crew interviewing an autistic tranny. Say what you want about this part of the internet but its damn diverse.”

General Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Hulkamania' started by Frank Rizzo, Jan 26, 2015.

1. lol they don't even need to pretend they have drug testing for the part timers

• Like Like x 2
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. True, but would they put him as a "part-time"? or would they make him more of a monthly thing to feud with certain people? Like he looks like he can still go, unlike Kurt Angle.

Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre No man fears what he has seen grow

kiwifarms.is
  3. As far as I'm aware lolwwe's drug testing policy is of no concern whenever they want.
    iirc Ken Anderson has exactly said testing is used as a way to punish somebody and if you're on good terms you never get tested.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. You can take what the guys says three quarters of the time with a grain of salt and tequila shot but Honkey Tonk Man brings up another aspect of WWE's drug testing and that's masking agents. Every once in awhile they'll hit someone with a random screening but they'll give them pills or something to drink that'll spoof the test so they keep up appearances.

kiwifarms.is
  5. It's not like WWE is somehow trustworthy by comparison. The important takeaway is their drug testing is a joke, exactly what the punchline is doesn't really matter.

• Like Like x 1
    XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. Since you guys are talking about Booker T

• Winner Winner x 2
    Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  7. A bit of info on Lashley's heel turn:

http://www.pwmania.com/news-on-bobby-lashleys-heel-turn

kiwifarms.is
  8. Impact was really fun tonight.

• Informative Informative x 1
    XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. CMLL had a pretty good show on Friday. Okay undercard, great main event of Ultimo Guerrero vs Michael Elgin (2/3 falls per normal CMLL rules)

Queued it up to Elgin/Guerrero but there's some decent stuff in the other matches too.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
    • Like Like x 1
    Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  12. Very underrated show.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. Is this the event where several wrestlers got in trouble for taking pictures or trying to take a walk outside?

kiwifarms.is
  14. Yeah. iirc during the commentary Bischoff makes a brief reference to making the mistake of going out for a jog, also Flair and... I want to say Scott Norton? had stories afterwards about lolDPRK.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  15. doubleposting because Bound For Glory looks like it should be pretty good tonight

Impact World Championship Match: Austin Aries (c) vs. Johnny Impact

Singles Match: Eddie Edwards vs. Moose

Concrete Jungle Death Match: LAX (Santana, Ortiz & Konnan) vs. The OGz (Hernandez, Homicide & King)

oVe Rules Match: oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist & Sami Callihan) vs. Brian Cage, Fenix and Pentagon Jr.

Impact Knockouts Championship Match: Tessa Blanchard (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

Tag Team Match: Matt Sydal & Ethan Page vs. Rich Swann & Willie Mack

Singles Match: Allie vs. Su Yung

Singles Match: Eli Drake vs. TBA

Aries and Johnny [promotion] got into a decent little brawl at the press conference, Allie (generic face girl wrestler) made a deal with James Mitchell (who put in a call to Management Downstairs) to travel to The Undead Realm for her match with Su Yung, who is Asian and spoopy. oVe are white trash asshole violent suburban kids or something, basically Tyce and #theskullz, they've been feuding with the Lucha Brothers for a while now, popular international roid monster Brian Cage joining in now.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  16. So WWE is still planning with Crown Jewel in spite of well you know:

http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-still-planning-forward-with-crown-jewel

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  17. I got two pretty good deals on wrestling figures this weekend. The first one was a whole bagful of 80s figures for five dollars. I ended up trading a bunch of Hasbros and a JYD thumb wrestler for a carded late release Rick Flair WCW rubber (LJN equivalent.) After giving away an LJN Andre I still had two LJN commons (the Hulk was an upgrade too,) an Iron Sheik bendie, a Chuck Norris Karate Rangers figure and an AWA Steve Keirn (sadly missing his suspenders.)

My other buy was 12 poor to fair condition common LJNs (all of which were doubles although one or two were upgrades for me) and WCW series 1 Sting and Vader for 20 dollars.

Those are some damn good deals.

• Like Like x 3
    Lou Wrong

Lou Wrong Butthurt about Buddyloids

kiwifarms.is
  18. You guys think that Wrestling can ever get big again? Alot of people are so hyped about NJPW and other promotions getting bigger, but i really can't see this being nothing more then a drop of water on the hot stone. I think attendance will shrink more, before it gets better in the next 10-15 years.

kiwifarms.is
  19. Not as big as the Monday Night Wars, but I think a lot of nonWWE promotions are able to reach audiences that they didn't have the ability to hit previously.

Somebody's got to be interested in it if All In sells the biggest nonWWE house in twenty years or whatever it did, reports said Hot Topic's best selling shirt was Bullet Club, not best selling wrestling shirt, just shirt.

I don't think WWE will see much of this upturn if any, and nobody's going to reach WWE's size, but I think a lot of smaller companies are going to get bigger.

• Agree Agree x 1
    XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  20. All sports are dealing with live attendance issues due to competition from the internet. Wrestling, as a local sport (remember, wrestling is a lot more than WWE/RoH/Impact) will have just as many issues if not more. While wrestling won't be selling out Yankee Stadium again anytime soon I still think that it has a future, just in smaller arenas with perhaps online streaming showing the product to viewers afar. I am watching some 80s USWA on the chat where BfG was shown and its nuts how much bigger the arena was. Its comparable in attendance to some WWE pay-per-views and this was, if I know my wrestling history correctly, a weekly show.

edit: Funny that I get that Steve Keirn figure and then not 48 hours I watch him get his butt wooped in a forty year old match. Looks nothing like his figure either, as he lacks the beard and stache.

edit2: And the Fabulous Ones win it in a "questionable" finish where the heals try to get one over via manager interference but are hoisted by their own petards instead. Classic 80s era...

• Agree Agree x 1
    #3840 Lou Wrong, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Lou Wrong

Lou Wrong Butthurt about Buddyloids

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.