General Wrestling Discussion -

blablabla

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, the Matt Cardona who showed up in AEW was simply "Zack Ryder-lite". His heel work in the Nick Gage feud and GCW has been very good so far. There's definitely something in this new, "delusional WWE veteran" he's been playing there. Also, I did not expect him to go the full distance in having a"true Nick Gage experience" on that match as he did, so props to him there.
im not going to watch to see if fucking zack ryder is good or not. after not seeing wrestling for like 3 years the 2 hours of dynamite are more than fine. i dont need to watch more

lindsayfan

What am I but hot blood?
kiwifarms.net
I'm not interested in Cardano as a wrestler but I do respect the hustle, including how he got himself over with the general public via his fun, homemade-ass youtube show... which I enjoyed at the time. I feel like there are other examples I'm not thinking of, but to me he stands out as a very early instance of someone "going rogue" and using the internet to engage directly with fans and raise their own profile outside the WWE walled garden, while still on WWE payroll. Maybe the first?

Which of course meant he was also the first wrestler to get punished and humiliated by "the office" for doing that.

Matt Hardy was a relatively early adopter, with his somewhat troubling "too real?" meltdowns at the point he'd gotten fat and everyone was making fun of him-- but was Cardano the first? Who am I forgetting?

Ace

"You'll be serving hard times!"
kiwifarms.net
I'm not interested in Cardano as a wrestler but I do respect the hustle, including how he got himself over with the general public via his fun, homemade-ass youtube show... which I enjoyed at the time. I feel like there are other examples I'm not thinking of, but to me he stands out as a very early instance of someone "going rogue" and using the internet to engage directly with fans and raise their own profile outside the WWE walled garden, while still on WWE payroll. Maybe the first?

Which of course meant he was also the first wrestler to get punished and humiliated by "the office" for doing that.

Matt Hardy was a relatively early adopter, with his somewhat troubling "too real?" meltdowns at the point he'd gotten fat and everyone was making fun of him-- but was Cardano the first? Who am I forgetting?
Cardona was probably the first wrestler to properly use social media as a tool to engage with his fanbase. Hell, WWE's social media presence was atrocious before he showed them how it's done. There is definitely an argument to be made about how, without him, it would have taken us a bit longer to see other wrestlers doing travel vlogs and stuff. Maybe without his show, there is a possibility of stuff like BTE (with the skits and stuff) not existing at all

Other than him, I do remember Colt Cabana being the first (or, at least, the first notorious one) wrestling podcaster.

im not going to watch to see if fucking zack ryder is good or not. after not seeing wrestling for like 3 years the 2 hours of dynamite are more than fine. i dont need to watch more
That's completely fair. Although the Cardona / Gage match was pretty entertaining, I think deathmatches aren't for me (and the commentators were terrible as well). I do wonder if Cardona planned the angle with Gage from the start or if it was just something he stumbled upon and rolled with it. Regardless, it played out pretty well.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Psycho Clown vs Original Fiend Do Not Steal Bouxreyguard Waytunda clown mask vs clown mask apuesta would be dank af

blablabla

kiwifarms.net
the cabana punk doc was pretty cool and miles better than z long island stories. the whole thing ended with john cena cuking ryder with some broad and then kane murdering him
wwe tv has been fucking awful forever

Ace

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Mexicans, Black Taurus vs Josh Alexander on Impact Homecoming was a banger

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
PWG made it's big return tonight and dear lord what a lackluster card. Apparently Regal was sent to scout, alas almost every name featured is either with MLW, ROH or AEW already.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
PWG made it's big return tonight and dear lord what a lackluster card. Apparently Regal was sent to scout, alas almost every name featured is either with MLW, ROH or AEW already.
There's Jack Cartwheel. Surprisingly he's got a decent look and has insane jumping ability so idk why he isn't signed anywhere. Talking Okada style dropkicks, ridiculously high standing moonsaults, and a rope-assisted elbow drop that is hard to describe but impressive as hell to watch.

trent

kiwifarms.net
Adam Coles contract with WWE has expired but he's agreed to stay on until Summerslam weekend and then decide what he is going to do.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Adam Coles contract with WWE has expired but he's agreed to stay on until Summerslam weekend and then decide what he is going to do.
It's a tough call. He's up in September if he's under a developmental contract, which would lapse just in time for All Out...but fo you debut another wrestler during ANOTHER massive debut?

trent

kiwifarms.net
Adam Cole leaving really wouldn't be a miss tbh, he's clearly never going to make it on the WWE main roster and has done literally everything imaginable in NXT to the point where I honestly wish him, Ciampa and Gargano would go fuck off and join some untelevised indie in South America for the next 20 years.

The last few years of all three guys careers feel like they have been planned out by the CPU running GM Mode for too long until it just starts matching the same people up against each other in slightly different match types every show.

They are all very good workers but I'm just sick to death of their quarterly 40 minutes 4.75 star "epics".

Cole in particular has been over as fuck the couple of times he showed up on the main roster but Vince and Co. would absolutely bury him if he came up full time.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I like how they thought they had until December for his contract. They should stop relying on Nick Khan to know whos contract is what.

Ace

kiwifarms.net
I really wonder how the fuck WWE's office people are doing things right now. First there was that whole blunder on Black's contract (and letting him leave, in the first place. Dude's a star), and now this.