General Wrestling Discussion -

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Among the recent madness with Chris Chan, I forgot to post about this:
https://archive.md/wip/WWUT5
The "Hecho en Mexico" show by Alberto El Patron's promotion actually ran its planned event.
https://archive.md/wip/tSSoi
Apparently it wasn't a bad time, but yeah, not the best attendance. 7 days before the show was run, this was how the ticket map looked.
E7Gb53yXsAAu64B.png

Ace

"You'll be serving hard times!"
kiwifarms.net
If AEW sold out that fast without mentioning Punk, why even bring him out? It's clear that it's AEW that sold the tickets and not Punk.

In fact why even sign him if they sold out all of their big Chicago tapings without him?
Here's the thing... AEW's fanbase has a higher percentage of hardcore fans that keep up with the rumors, based on what we've seen so far. They never mentioned Punk directly, but the rumors and the allusions they've made so far probably indicate that Punk will be showing up on Rampage (which, to be fair, is a good move to sell more PPVs soon after)

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the thing... AEW's fanbase has a higher percentage of hardcore fans that keep up with the rumors, based on what we've seen so far. They never mentioned Punk directly, but the rumors and the allusions they've made so far probably indicate that Punk will be showing up on Rampage (which, to be fair, is a good move to sell more PPVs soon after)
There's a case to be made to carnie this shit out for a show at least.
Like, at Big Chi-Town Shindig or whatever maybe a Punk fist appears on the tron while an unseen force beats up the bad guys in darkness, or maybe Chicago Phil himself at the top of the ramp but then a mystery assailant clobbers him in darkness or something.
Clearly there's a lot to milk this for, but I assume Premature Tony is gonna squirt the Dragon and the Punk all the way just because they're loaded.

Ace

kiwifarms.net
Like, at Big Chi-Town Shindig or whatever maybe a Punk fist appears on the tron while an unseen force beats up the bad guys in darkness, or maybe Chicago Phil himself at the top of the ramp but then a mystery assailant clobbers him in darkness or something.
Clearly there's a lot to milk this for, but I assume Premature Tony is gonna squirt the Dragon and the Punk all the way just because they're loaded.
I do feel like they'll hold out on Bryan.

There's simply too much stuff, and according to the dirt sheets, the plan was for Bryan to debut on the NY supershow in September anyway. The smart play is keeping Bryan as a "surprise", and then debut Punk on the Chicago Rampage show and use that to boost the 3 Chicago shows in September (Dynamite/Rampage/All Out). Maximize profits and everyone gets what they want.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
The Rampage show in Chicago sold out in less than 10 minutes.

It's crazy that they are still managing this after nearly two years.
Not hard when 99% of all your tickets sold the week prior. They opened up another 1k in the shitty nosebleeds for those wanting to buy at the ticket office.

In other wrestling wrestling ticket news: Raw tonight is a complete sell-out as well. Detroit house show last night sold 95%. Total number of Rampage tickets on resale (the scum): over 3,500.

Last edited:

Ace

kiwifarms.net
That shit nearly sold out on the fucking pre-sale, lmao.

It's a mix of people missing live events + Chicago being one of the hottest US markets for Pro-Wrestling, in general.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Adam Cole leaving really wouldn't be a miss tbh, he's clearly never going to make it on the WWE main roster and has done literally everything imaginable in NXT to the point where I honestly wish him, Ciampa and Gargano would go fuck off and join some untelevised indie in South America for the next 20 years.
Ideally, you would have Cole put over someone on his way out. They could have him hurt Gargano and force Cole to job to Dexter Lumis on the way out (effectively turning Johnny good again and resulting in the burying of the hatchet between him and Dexter over Indie).

blablabla

kiwifarms.net
nah they already caught a black eye last year when punk was for starcast or whatever and didnt showed up for all out.
they need to do it straightforward, no bullshit

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully AEW won't try to drag one last match out of Flair as one of the challenges Jericho is doing at the moment.

Ric's surely far too decrepit at this stage?

If they did it’d go the way of the Taker/Goldberg match at Saudi Arabia. Or it would end up like this:

trent

kiwifarms.net
"We want Wyatt" and "CM Punk" chants from the crowd before Raw even started.

They also played some cheering audio from a different episode of Raw over the opening match on TV and had to quickly shut it off because some idiot left Cole talking about something completely different from what was happening on screen in the audio that they were playing.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Did Tully even spend 2 minutes in the ring?
We're supposed to believe that was his first match in thirty years and forget about the other stinkers he had in 1990s and 2000s

alexa bliss is one of the few people who can recite the dogshit wwe scripts and not sound like a retard. shame about all the concussions.
Yeah shame that Nia is still around

Isn't Dean Malenko associated with AEW? Could use him to cover the late stage Horsemen.
Coach I believe.
I guess they could technically use Sting too, but I would bet Flair has a high asking price, because his personal finances are a wreck, and he has a new wife who he will eventually owe alimony . Probably not worth the money
He gets paid for each HoF ring he brings.