General Wrestling Discussion -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to wonder if it's "lolwwe puts everybody in a pile of stupid shit that sucks" vs "lolaaa puts everybody in a pile of stupid shit that rocks" but I still dug his run in AAA

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I guess they could technically use Sting too, but I would bet Flair has a high asking price, because his personal finances are a wreck, and he has a new wife who he will eventually owe alimony . Probably not worth the money
Best way to use Ric now is the same way they use Eric. Though he wouldn't be that bad as a main manager for his future son in law for PPV's and keep Chavo as the translator and manager for normal shows.

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
As much shit as AEW gets, at least it's fun to watch imo. I never feel like it overstays its welcome.

Whether it's two or three hours, WWE is just embarrassing to sit through outside of PPV's.

I can't imagine how much worse it's going to be when NBCUniversal finally buys it off Vince.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
As much shit as AEW gets, at least it's fun to watch imo. I never feel like it overstays its welcome.

Whether it's two or three hours, WWE is just embarrassing to sit through outside of PPV's.

I can't imagine how much worse it's going to be when NBCUniversal finally buys it off Vince.
Never know, could be FOX winds up buying it - and because Disney owns FOX, if that means John Cena becomes a Disney Princess then I’ll die of laughter. NBCU is probably the safe bet, considering the Peacock deal.

That or Vince is just thinking “I bought this company from my father, my children can do the same.” Yeah this ones the long shot, but hey - stranger things’ve happened, see the last 48 hours on site...

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
That or Vince is just thinking “I bought this company from my father, my children can do the same.” Yeah this ones the long shot, but hey - stranger things’ve happened, see the last 48 hours on site...
I think this will happen.

But with Shane.

Now hear me out. Thanks to Biden's inept actions, he has allowed Chinese business the right to re-enter the American Stock exchange. So at first, Shane will need to obtain a larger stake via the public stock and inflate his percentage of power. Various board members already abuse the stock-exchange, so Shane would have to do it as a business front to avoid getting hit with insider trading legalities. Enter the Chinese.

He'll than take a large stake via his own income (via some tax loophole partnership with a Chinese "finance group", maybe Tencent so they can make some WWE mobile jank) and obtain Vince's half via a leveraged buyout. As WWE pays itself off via the leveraged buyout; (a common tactic used to buy sports teams in Europe) Shane can sell off his public stock to recoup personal losses and use Network deals to phase out his Chinese backers. Alternatively if Trump somehow returns to office, take advantage of your fathers relationship with him and get ol' Don to forcefully purge the Chinese ties.

Within the span of a decade, everyone involved will have profited nicely via inflation and other external factors.

Aside from Hunter. Who will continue to seethe knowing he lost the keys to the kingdom.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never know, could be FOX winds up buying it - and because Disney owns FOX, if that means John Cena becomes a Disney Princess then I’ll die of laughter. NBCU is probably the safe bet, considering the Peacock deal.

Disney bought 20th Century Fox and its assets like The Simpsons and Family Guy, but Fox broadcasting, Fox Sports and Fox News remain independent under the Fox Corporation. This is the company that would buy WWE. Trust me, I'm a huge faggot when it comes to this stuff.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Disney bought 20th Century Fox and its assets like The Simpsons and Family Guy, but Fox broadcasting, Fox Sports and Fox News remain independent under the Fox Corporation. This is the company that would buy WWE. Trust me, I'm a huge faggot when it comes to this stuff.
They don't have the money that WWE wants. It's why places like Amazon and Disney are always brought up.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They don't have the money that WWE wants. It's why places like Amazon and Disney are always brought up.
They have a shitload of money because Disney gave them $72 billion dollars two years ago. If they want to guarantee content for their network because they sold almost all the content they owned to Disney, it'd be a good way to ensure a steady stream of cheap content.

WWE is worth a few billion tops, for a controlling interest, you'd probably need closer to 2 billion. If you want to argue Vince thinks it's worth more than that, that's fine.

That being said I think if WWE gets sold it's going to NBC personally. They have a 35 year history with NBC through Saturday Night's Main Event and deals with USA, and NBC already ponied up a billion dollars for streaming rights. Not to mention NBC is owned by Comcast, which is worth well over $250 billion. Buying WWE would be a drop in the bucket.

Sorry for the edits, I initially underestimated WWE's net worth(I figured it was worth 2-3 billion but it's actually worth around 4).

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
They have a shitload of money because Disney gave them $72 billion dollars two years ago. If they want to guarantee content for their network because they sold almost all the content they owned to Disney, it'd be a good way to ensure a steady stream of cheap content.

WWE is worth a few billion tops, for a controlling interest, you'd probably need closer to 2 billion. If you want to argue Vince thinks it's worth more than that, that's fine.

That being said I think if WWE gets sold it's going to NBC personally. They have a 35 year history with NBC through Saturday Night's Main Event and deals with USA, and NBC already ponied up a billion dollars for streaming rights. Not to mention NBC is owned by Comcast, which is worth well over $250 billion. Buying WWE would be a drop in the bucket.

Sorry for the edits, I initially underestimated WWE's net worth(I figured it was worth 2-3 billion but it's actually worth around 4).
Yeah, but you always want to increase the buyout by 50% at the very least to make it look interesting to the seller. Unless Vince wants to undersell the company which could hurt stock.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but you always want to increase the buyout by 50% at the very least to make it look interesting to the seller. Unless Vince wants to undersell the company which could hurt stock.
Fair point. It's still a drop in the bucket in terms of how much Comcast is worth and I still think NBC/Universal is the front runner just based on the history and the amount they ponied up for streaming rights.

My point originally was that if "Fox" buys WWE it's going to be the new Fox Corporation, not the parts of Fox that Disney bought in response to someone saying Disney would own WWE if Fox bought it. I do not think Fox is actually going to buy WWE.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Fair point. It's still a drop in the bucket in terms of how much Comcast is worth and I still think NBC/Universal is the front runner just based on the history and the amount they ponied up for streaming rights.

My point originally was that if "Fox" buys WWE it's going to be the new Fox Corporation, not the parts of Fox that Disney bought in response to someone saying Disney would own WWE if Fox bought it. I do not think Fox is actually going to buy WWE.
They (Fox Corp) wouldn't bother given that they're doing badly. Total assets are around $22b. It's as bad as Sony with their $70b and sticking around because of how much they make off of Playstation sales. There's still rumors of them selling their movie division to Apple.

Tom Nook's Gloryhole

kiwifarms.net
Tbh I don't think WWE is getting sold because it's a decently sized cash cow for everyone involved.

My theory is that WWE is getting ultra lean and doing drastic cost cutting in an attempt to make some larger long term purchases to give the company even more security in the future. Once the Peacock deal is close to expiring WWE will have the choice of getting another major deal or trying the WWE Network again, and if they make some smart IP purchases (like a few indie movies and picking off some TV shows from dying companies) they are in a much better position to negotiate or become a casual network brand. If something with as shitty a name as Starzplay can exist in the era of Netflix and Prime, a WWE type subscription service with comedies and horrors and whatnot is certainly possible.

I think with all the record revenue coming in lately, they might even be tempted to restart the WWE films division. Throwing 20-30m at that every year would be pocket change considering how much revenue they make overall, and the chances of recouping (and then some) would be enough to convince investors it's a good idea.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
My point originally was that if "Fox" buys WWE it's going to be the new Fox Corporation, not the parts of Fox that Disney bought in response to someone saying Disney would own WWE if Fox bought it. I do not think Fox is actually going to buy WWE
In my defence, the Disney thing was more of a joke - the thought of someone like Cena being a Disney Princess just made me laugh, figured I’d throw it out there.

You’ve probably got the right of it based on history, if Vince sells to anyone it’d probably be to NBC.
I think with all the record revenue coming in lately, they might even be tempted to restart the WWE films division. Throwing 20-30m at that every year would be pocket change considering how much revenue they make overall, and the chances of recouping (and then some) would be enough to convince investors it's a good idea.
Wasn’t WWE films just a total money pit the first time around? Don’t get me wrong, I like shit movies, but I can’t see that happening.

Granted, it’s Vince. Anyone who says they know what he’s planning to do is a liar...

Ace

"You'll be serving hard times!"
kiwifarms.net
You’ve probably got the right of it based on history, if Vince sells to anyone it’d probably be to NBC.
I might be wrong on this, but I THINK (or at least, I remember reading something of the sort) that the Saudi deal also gave the saudis rights of First Purchase.