General Wrestling Discussion -

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Steph is either keeping him 100% in the dark or sugar coating/lies by omission the changes made to NXT.
Oh he knows, hospitals have televisions and if they deny him that he still has his phone.

That being said, the entrance music in NXT is terrible it's like listening to WCW music but with lyrics. And the ending of the NXT four way match was terrible. Ending it with bullshit wedding crap really shows viewers how little they care about their major belt.
At least Samuel Shaw is finally a main eventer.

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
Having a Steiner on your hands with that look and calling him Bronn Breaker is Michael McGillicuddy tier with that Hennig wrestler. That's the one guy in their prospect crop that should have been completely impossible to fuck up. Any normal sounding name+Steiner and that look is at least midcard money.

3RtxpCr.jpg

Attachments

• breakker.jpg
    breakker.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Having a Steiner on your hands with that look and calling him Bronn Breaker is Michael McGillicuddy tier with that Hennig wrestler. That's the one guy in their prospect crop that should have been completely impossible to fuck up. Any normal sounding name+Steiner and that look is at least midcard money.

3RtxpCr.jpg
Not really, that's similar to what his father wore in WWF.

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
I just meant his physical look, not his attire, which is what the Steiner Brothers used to wear. Bron Breakker is just awful when Ron Steiner or Rex Steiner were right there for them.

I like that they got rid of the guard rails and the plexiglass and brightened it up quite a bit. I prefer the way it looks in-ring and the crowd. I think its an upgrade but not a slam dunk.
The bright garish colors and accessory lighting is too much for me. I would like for them to tone that down.

I did like seeing Creed Bros and Bron Breakker and Von Wagner and some other wrestlers.. Its fun to see these totally green guys that you didn't see on the indies and in Japan and Mexico for years come in and be a total mystery. Its all that potential all over the place, its fun.

I did groan over the Ciampa stuff and the Goldie 2.0 material. I would have really loved for a new champ like Dunne or Knight or even just totally shocking the shit out somebody and having some next green NXT guy just win it to the total surprise of everybody. I wouldn't have minded if Von Wagner won that or if Breakker was in the match and won it. The Ciampa championship and staredown is kind of backwards. Seems like he'd be the disgruntled belt-obsessed veteran fuming that some grass-green geek blew in like a tumbleweed and fluked his way into the championship, his beloved Goldie, and he'd go berserk on him trying to get it back.

Tom Nook's Gloryhole

kiwifarms.net
Bron Breaker is a stupid name but I'm willing to give it a chance given how it's been literally one day of people calling him that.

I mean Randy Savage is the most retarded wrestling name of all time in a vacuum yet it became iconic.

Then again, I thought Dolph Ziggler would eventually grow on me but that's still retarded.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I watched NXT 2.0. I thought it was about as bland as melba toast. The commentators sound like they're reading from a chart of WWE corperate lingo, and it has that sterilized look and feel that has plagued WWE as a product for the last decade at least. Watching it feels like walking into an Apple store in a high end shopping mall and makes me want to neck myself. If you can watch this, more power too you, it's all subjective, but it's not my thing. I need more dirt and grittiness to be sports entertained.

Contrast that with the new AEW dark setup which I prefer the look and feel of. I love the late 90s WWE/WCW aesthetic with all the exposed metal structural supports and scaffolding and lack of LED screens everywhere and stuff. Everything's darker, the ring ropes are black as opposed to white, etc.

I know the kind of bright corporate Apple aesthetic is kind of the style now, but I'm just not into that shit.

Bron Breaker is going to be NXT Champ inside of 1-2 months because he's Vince's wet dream. No doubt he's talented and looks great. I bet they do Roman Reigns/Lesnar at WM next year, the Roman/Rock the year after and in 2024 Bron wins the Royal Rumble and decisively beats Reigns for the title.

*Edit* For comparison if anyone hasn't seen the shows and doesn't know what the fuck I'm rambling about:

AEW Dark:
AEW.jpg
AEW2.jpg
NXT:
NXT2.jpg
NXT.jpg

One of these looks like Raw from 1998. One looks like Raw today.

Last edited:

Exist0

What's the frequency Kenneth?
kiwifarms.net
Just watched AEW all out, late I know. My first dive into AEW, what non ppv shows of theirs are worth a watch? I don't know the difference between the weekly shit.

Not a brand loyalist, I usually watch old lucha underground, AAA, CZW and original ECW.

Just trying to get a feel for the roster. Which show of theirs is worth the time?

Lucha bros are fucking good value. Glad to see penta still doing his shit.

E. What's up with the horse face ref bitch in the moxley match? I've seen blow up dolls from the 90s with better facial expressions

Last edited:

trent

kiwifarms.net
That new NXT set is horrendous.

I mean, kudos for trying something new but that is just ugly and way too bright.

Seems Garganos contract is up in December and they haven't started negotiations with him at all yet. I'd imagine he's gone.

Pete Dunne signed a new deal for 3 years. He was helping with the production side of things for NXT UK during the pandemic so I assume they see him as too valuable to let go.

Tom Nook's Gloryhole

kiwifarms.net
If I was in control of NXT I'd ask anyone if they'd be uncomfortable with moving to the main roster and then make upper management aware that these fuckers need cut asap for not having enough confidence in themselves to thrive in a bigger pond.

So I see absolutely nothing wrong with Gargano going. Tatty bye, chipmunk looking midget fuck. Maybe you'll be a valuable part of the Nightmare family.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
If I was in control of NXT I'd ask anyone if they'd be uncomfortable with moving to the main roster and then make upper management aware that these fuckers need cut asap for not having enough confidence in themselves to thrive in a bigger pond.
They should have cut Gargano and Ciampa the moment they decided to not stay on the main roster, as much as I like their wrestling. You're not supposed to be in NXT forever, you move up or move out.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
That new NXT set is horrendous.

I mean, kudos for trying something new but that is just ugly and way too bright.

Seems Garganos contract is up in December and they haven't started negotiations with him at all yet. I'd imagine he's gone.

Pete Dunne signed a new deal for 3 years. He was helping with the production side of things for NXT UK during the pandemic so I assume they see him as too valuable to let go.
Apparently HHH was the one who got Dunne that deal too
That new set makes it look like a game show.
I'll give it to them, it's a unique look for a "wrestling" show. With how many skits it had it fits a parody of an SNL show done on a Nickelodeon set.

They should have cut Gargano and Ciampa the moment they decided to not stay on the main roster, as much as I like their wrestling. You're not supposed to be in NXT forever, you move up or move out.
Again, if that's the case they wouldn't have gotten a deal for a network show. When it was a WWE Network only show then sure, move up. After the network deal it became a third brand.