General Wrestling Discussion -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

MidUSA

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At worst, Tony has made sure that there's no longer a push for Big Swole.
I think that's why he's giving Jade that push and brought in Hogan. You can't say he's racist when he doesn't renew the contract or push you so far down the ladder you're basically at WWE women's roster of being used.
There's that. And also the fact that Jade and Hogan are vastly superior talents than Big Swole, even if we ignore the latter making an ass out of herself on social media.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's that. And also the fact that Jade and Hogan are vastly superior talents than Big Swole, even if we ignore the latter making an ass out of herself on social media.
Jade is one of the fastest growing new talents I've seen in years. If they're smart they would nurture that.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fair point, though the original tweet didn't specify that they were going to beat WWE in terms of show quality, just that they were going to beat them. Anyone who follows wrestling would assume he meant beat them in ratings, which would be a exceptional promise. Even if he clarified it later nobody is going to care, the console war shitters are going to base their shitposting on the OG tweet.

If he originally came out and said they were going to put on a better show, I would have no problem with it.

View attachment 2620783
Tony should be paying more attention to the Jaguars instead of trying to have his flippy midget wrestling promotion go against Vince.

--
Another wrestling conspiracy theory: Vince McMahon sent Russo to WCW to kill it. I think he realized Russo had 10 stupid ideas for every genius idea he did, so losing him to WCW wasn't a big loss. So I don't think he sent him per se, but didn't really care that he left and figured he'd hurt WCW more than help

Anonymus Fluhre

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big Swole should rebrand as a Hotep heel called "Big Woke"

If he did, that would make him the first person to ever pay attention to the Jaguars.
Queen Aminata already exists (and has been on Dark a few times). She's less insufferable than Big Swole.

If the Khan's owned a hockey team I'd care more. Only thing football is known for is the Superbowl commercials and the kitten bowl.

Thiletonomics

SPOOPY RICE
kiwifarms.net
Another wrestling conspiracy theory: Vince McMahon sent Russo to WCW to kill it. I think he realized Russo had 10 stupid ideas for every genius idea he did, so losing him to WCW wasn't a big loss. So I don't think he sent him per se, but didn't really care that he left and figured he'd hurt WCW more than help

That could also explain the mass firing of WWE talent, to be sent as sleeper agents to kill off other wrestling companies. With all of the talent going to AEW, and the former IIconics going to IMPACT, that does seem to make more and more sense.

One thing I do wonder, is why do female wrestlers wear hosiery/pantyhose with their wrestling gear? Is it some sort of unwritten rule that women can't be shown wrestling with bare legs, but them wearing pantyhose is okay?

Anonymus Fluhre

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That could also explain the mass firing of WWE talent, to be sent as sleeper agents to kill off other wrestling companies. With all of the talent going to AEW, and the former IIconics going to IMPACT, that does seem to make more and more sense.

One thing I do wonder, is why do female wrestlers wear hosiery/pantyhose with their wrestling gear? Is it some sort of unwritten rule that women can't be shown wrestling with bare legs, but them wearing pantyhose is okay?
That whole thing started because of a guy AEW brought in for a match who was quickly picked up by WWE last year and it was reported that he gave away everything he knew about the company and the people there. Jericho even tweeted about the guy.
Tony likes his live-action wrestling figures
So does HHH. Personally I think the two would work well together since they don't want to kill indie promotions (where would they get their talent from?) except for the NXT UK shit but that screams a McHamon move.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

easier to keep your hoohah hidden when the hot pants slip
especially in the era of HD

MEANWHILE IN MEXICO
THE PRESS CONFERENCE FOR CMLL'S DAY OF THE DEAD SHOW IS HELD
FBnvfXYXIAMW1Tl.jpg

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
That whole thing started because of a guy AEW brought in for a match who was quickly picked up by WWE last year and it was reported that he gave away everything he knew about the company and the people there. Jericho even tweeted about the guy.
Wasn't that what happened when Abyss had a WWE tryout years ago then he went back and reported his findings to TNA officials?

Anonymus Fluhre

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't that what happened when Abyss had a WWE tryout years ago then he went back and reported his findings to TNA officials?
No some guy NXT brought in shortly after his Dark match. Chris is still at WWE even appearing in a segment with AJ Styles.
I wish he would play new games with them. Sometimes it feels like all the big moments in AEW are like an average tribute band version of a great song.
Or getting things done right because the old version didn't have the budget/ time/ creative freedom.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't really fathom what deep amazing trade secrets lolwwe has at this point
>hire the guys getting Other Company over
>sign everybody within ten miles to no-competes
>be a snitchy little fuck

there's not much more beyond "snort coke" and "it's not gay when you're on coke"

I thought Abyss had a couple of sentences of talks with lolwwe in the day to job to Taker that went nowhere, then years later wwe bought him and Davari, and around then Borash. iirc the theory was Davari was good at Foreign territory representation and Abyss was good for .... mid west scene maybe? So it was more a "kneecap the other guys" then like lolwwe needed an extra set of eyes on the midwest scene

Anonymus Fluhre

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't really fathom what deep amazing trade secrets lolwwe has at this point
>hire the guys getting Other Company over
>sign everybody within ten miles to no-competes
>be a snitchy little fuck

there's not much more beyond "snort coke" and "it's not gay when you're on coke"

I thought Abyss had a couple of sentences of talks with lolwwe in the day to job to Taker that went nowhere, then years later wwe bought him and Davari, and around then Borash. iirc the theory was Davari was good at Foreign territory representation and Abyss was good for .... mid west scene maybe? So it was more a "kneecap the other guys" then like lolwwe needed an extra set of eyes on the midwest scene
Abyss is there because Borash is there. He's also good with stories (just not his own).

trent

kiwifarms.net

Anonymus Fluhre

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rumors have also been going around about WWE 2K22's DLC being cancelled, due to WWE's firing spree. What I don't understand though, is why Bronson Reed, out of all people, would be considered a main character for a WWE game DLC release.
They might be thinking that there will be more people fired before they're finished with "dlc" part of the game and can't be arsed to just delete the code. New developers seem to think it's easier to put in content than remove it for some weird reason.

Preferred Penne

Easy to eat BUT SPOOKY
kiwifarms.net
I know it's still relatively early, but those character models still look like shit. This time Visual Concepts (why would you ever bring them back in the first place) doesn't have the excuse of Yukes pulling out and giving them less than six months to throw a game together. Bronson Reed's whole gimmick was "being fat" and they couldn't even get that right.