General Wrestling Discussion

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just looked up what happened to Heavy Machinery and Tucker got released in April after his contract ran out and Otis hasn't been used since the episode of Smackdown before Wrestlemania also back in April.

They broke them up at some point before this as well for some reason.
Otis won Money in the Bank and Tucker kept telling him that people were using him. I think he then backstabbed Otis. After that he was gone.
I mean, have you seen basically any band when they have Canadian shows on an American tour - it’s Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, lul fuck the rest of the country. Hell, me going to the states in the winter years back, having the plug out for the block heater, I had people asking if I owned an Electric Car.
Sometimes one of the Cities in Alberta will get them but that's rare as fuck.
So considering the average wrestling fan, I understand not knowing about Canada’s equivalent to Detroit.
Canada has many cities that can fit that description though.

The Penultimate Warrior

kiwifarms.net
Otis won Money in the Bank and Tucker kept telling him that people were using him. I think he then backstabbed Otis. After that he was gone.

Tucker did the generic jealousy heel turn, there was no blow off, he turned up randomly a few weeks later to get jobbed out to someone in about 90 seconds, got released. Vince thought Otis winning the briefcase would be funny because lol fat, but then they realised that he'd actually have to get a title shot and might get too over. Another shining NXT success story.

whogoesthere

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
kiwifarms.net
Are you guys exceptional or something? Do you have shit for brains? I witnessed Seth get winded and STILL manage to restrain a complete mong to the point where he was no longer a threat and security could get him.

If he was getting his head kicked in then sure, argue that he's a wuss, however despite being attacked by surprise he still managed to control the situation fairly effortlessly. I'm sure he could have given the guy a kicking if he wanted, but I guess there was a fear that the guy was genuinely disabled and Seth beating up a downie wouldn't be good press.

Also re: Kenny. Lmao. AAA would have happily waited, the little fagboy doesn't want to lose a wrestling match to some little worthless pissboy.
Yeah I echo that as well. Jeff can get away with smacking the shit out of someone on fucking TNA because its was/is so low down the table no one cares. WWE is too big now, if Seth smashes a mong, It's going to make the news. He was taken by surprise, then just sort of took the guy down and kept it from getting further out of control.

No one wants to see themselves in the press, beating up a downie.

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can tell when Cody books a match.

At least he was getting booed anytime he was in the ring.

Only thing I liked on this episode was the CM Punk/ MJF exchange.
Punk Vs. MJF on the mic was pure fire.

Also, if there is not currently a plan to turn Cody heel, then they need to formulate one. Christ man.
Even if he doesn't turn heel, every tag team partner he get's will probably get screwed over leading to him having no allies.

Leaf Wage Slave

Fuck Mariah Carey
kiwifarms.net
Normally I’d be complaining about a wrestling show starting with a 20 minute talking segment, but goddamnit between Punk and MJF - and all the totally subtle digs at the Fed - at least they were an entertaining 20 minutes.

Though seriously, QT? Sure, the crowd was gonna cheer the match anyway, it’s Punk in Chicago, but they couldn’t find someone that wasn’t Cody’s version of Ed Leslie?

Shipping Steel

A fight between the blue you once knew.
kiwifarms.net
MJF and CM Punk are masters at holding peoples attention while cutting promos. and MJF is only 25... When Punk was 25, his promos were borderline riot provoking (Let's never forget the promo CM Punk cut without a microphone in IWA-MS, and the utter destruction of one person from said promo). I'm hopeful that MJF will continue to get the freedom to talk, and not get bogged down with scripts.

Leaf Wage Slave

Fuck Mariah Carey
kiwifarms.net
Ah AEW - one of these days you’ll have a Main Event that doesn’t rush to get everything in before TV time runs out. Granted the match also had to deal with Cody’s time sink of an entrance, which didn’t help.

Was a decent car crash of a match by the end, the highlight definitely being Cody’s belt being through back, and it’ll be fun to see the “Cody’s a Heel pretending to be a Face” crowd try and spin this. Dunno if commentary was trying to spin the Codyverse thing again, couldn’t hear them, but commentary was oddly quiet all night, not sure if that was the crowd drowning them out or someone in production fucking up/wanting to keep JR from fucking up.

lindsayfan

What am I but hot blood?
kiwifarms.net
think how much better that main event would have been as a trios match -- i don't think malachai black makes sense as a team player. keep him a singles wrestler (or maybe a faction leader... maybe) and get rid of the blonde gloryhog, and there you have 6 of the absolute best in the business going at it in an instant classic.

at this point cody is bringing down everything and everyone he's involved with. i'm not an obsessive cody hater but when you've got pac and andrade inside the ring and instead ppl are focused on cody's antics on the apron, it's no good.

that said, the double belt rejection WAS funny. it's also annoying because i actually think cody does great old-school heel work. i saw him at an ROH show years ago and he had the crowd whipped to an absolute froth with constant stalling, getting kisses from brandy, etc. it's not like he's untalented.

Dang Woodchucks!

Haachama Prometheus
kiwifarms.net
Punk trying to no sell that UFC line showed how much of a pampered little pissbaby he is, the guy can dish it out but he can't take even the mildest criticism.

God help him if ever someone decides they don't give a shit about their job when they're on the mic with him, it's not like Punk is capable of shooting on anyone.
He was honestly half a second from decking MJF when he said that. But then Punk got him back calling him a discount Miz.
It's hilarious to me, as both of them were right. :story:

On other news, while it's definotely Dunn on the cameras, are we 100% sure one of McMahon's proxies is booking NXT? I'm actually mildly hyped for War Games.