• We'll be in your dreams.
  1. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

George Ouzounian v. Dax Herrera et al (2017)

Discussion in 'Lolcow & Lolcow LLP' started by RadicalCentrist, Dec 30, 2017.

1. I want this to happen so bad, I might even contribute to the patreon for it, if Maddox didn't shit the bed with the lights on with regards to patreon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    polonium

polonium By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. I know Im just wondering if suing Landau might be Maddox's last hurrah

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  3. Probably. Funny part is there'd actually be something worth suing over there, as opposed to this shitshow of a lolsuit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.is
    • Winner Winner x 10
    Fleeb

Fleeb Lenny = White; Carl = Black

kiwifarms.is
  4. When both you and your client just admitted to crimes in your own filings, this is probably not a particularly wise time to demand sanctions against the other side.

I don't know if Landau is aware that a corporation is within the definition of a "legal person." This is almost seeming like some Kaufman-esque piece of performance art rather than litigation at this point.

Also, the law cited, N.Y. Penal Law § 190.25 specifically states one of the prohibited behaviors is:

"2. Pretends to be a representative of some person or organization and does an act in such pretended capacity with intent to obtain a benefit or to injure or defraud another."

Did this drunken pinhead even read the law he's arguing about?

Apparently, he didn't even read the case he cited either.

You might notice that little [1] there. That's only one paragraph of § 190.25. There's also [2] which covers falsely claiming to be the representative of another actual person.

Checkmate atheists.

Lawyers have, in fact, occasionally accidentally sued themselves.

ETA: Here's the actual jury instructions under § 190.25[2]. They're quite clear that impersonating an organization is an intended prohibited act of the law.

https://www.nycourts.gov/judges/cji/2-PenalLaw/190/190.25(2).pdf

Landau just randomly searched shit and then cut and pasted and cherrypicked the first thing he saw that he thought supported his side without actually reading any of it other than that. He cited one section of the statute that supported him, while completely ignoring that the very conduct he's defending is prohibited by the VERY NEXT PARAGRAPH.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #145 AnOminous, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    AnOminous

AnOminous send more cops
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
  5. At this point I have to conclude he's trying to get disbarred as part of some elaborate self-loathing suicide plan.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420 markov chain
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. PLAINTIFFS' MEMORANDUM OF LAW IS SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR SANCTIONS, COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES

MEMORANDUM OF LAW IS SUPPORT OF MOTION

IS

• Like Like x 2
    AprilRains

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  7. This can't even be a typo. "S" isn't anywhere near "N" on a keyboard. It sounds like he's trying more to convince himself than the judge.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous send more cops

kiwifarms.is
  8. How drunk is this guy when he's writing motions?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    AprilRains

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. The guy is a pretty obvious shyster lawyer. It could even be Maddox doesn't care about winning the lawsuit, but rather cause as much work, stress and anxiety as possible by submitting incoherent and confusing shit to respond to and (optimistically) force a settlement.

If that's the case Landau is a perfect choice.

Goofy Logic

Goofy Logic Is this thing working right?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. It's hard to know, because it's hard to disentangle pure stupidity from drunkenness when this guy is both stupid and drunk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous send more cops

kiwifarms.is
  11. Landau's got to have a constant IV of bottom shelf whiskey or something. There's no other way I can possibly imagine one person being so utterly incoherent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  12. Landau is pretty mad right now. Here are some lines from a letter that was attached to the latest batch of documents:

"As it appears you are working in concert, I have composed the following letter to address each of your ridiculous correspondence received on March 12 and 13, respectively. First, your contentions are disingenuous, and approach unbecoming. I suggest you stop listening to Kokkinos’ lemmings, read, consider and then if necessary, do your own research."

"The audacity you have of sending a letter like that to counsel for everyone, threatening baseless criminal charges during an active civil litigation, is outrageous, defamatory, and tantamount to an admission of unethical conduct by each of you individually and collectively. It appears to have been concocted for no other purpose than to obtain an advantage, namely, because of the extraordinary amount of liability your clients face."

"Accordingly, your desperate attempts and careless, potentially culpable accusations against this firm and the Plaintiffs is noted. Should you continue this pathetic display of “lawyering”, we will file a motion for contempt and sanctions accordingly. You have 24-hours to recant this nonsense."

*grabs popcorn*

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  13. The judge hasn’t issued sanctions sua sponte and dismissed the case yet why?

kiwifarms.is
  14. It's the Commercial Division. They don't have time for bullshit. They have real work to do.

I'm pretty sure it won't go well for the crazies once a judge actually responds to this.

Something you might not notice in this case with dozens of filings by a completely insane idiot by the name of LanDUI is that no judge has responded to any of this bullshit yet.

• Informative Informative x 3
    AnOminous

AnOminous send more cops

kiwifarms.is
  15. That’s why I’m asking. Youd think a clerk at least gave him a heads up that he could clear up a case and smack a lawyer around as a bonus.

I’m hoping he’s one of those judges that likes to shit on bad legal writing in his decisions and unloads on DrunkMan and CuckBoy

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  16. In my admittedly limited experience, most judges like to do that. Nice bit of catharsis, I'd imagine, given how much stupid bullshit they have to deal with anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Fagnasty

Fagnasty black person
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  17. The stunned silence before the arbiter says "Mr. Madison..."

• Like Like x 1
    Henry Bemis

Henry Bemis Irony: Not even once.
    Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
  18. Well, dogbite's train (wreck) of thought would be something along the lines like "he never wrote out her last name, so nobody can prove that he impersonated this Heather S, hehe"... Insane as it is, they might even get away with it. What they won't get away with is impersonating an organization, which is a separate statute, even if dogbite tries to weasel his way out by pointing out that King Cuck misspelled Condé Nast and hence didn't impersonate that organization...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.