Global Depression 2022 - Time to do the Breadline Boogaloo!

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Who is going to get hit the hardest?

• North America

• South America

• Asia

• Europe

• Australia

• Africa

• The Middle East

• Everyone's fucked

• Nothing will happen

Results are only viewable after voting.

AbendCode12

kiwifarms.net
So where can we find a surviving the collapse 101? And I'm talking abour realistic stuff, not "move to the woods and farm your own kale" bs. What can a wagie do to get through the next couple of years starting now?
Imagine if you will that your currently salary decreases every year by 10-15%. What plans can you make now that will help you as the years pile on? Will you be able to stockpile enough mylar bags of beans to survive the next twenty or thirty years if you live in a small house or in a one bedroom apartment?

I'd suggest an alternative. In my estimation the most likely scenario to prepare for is mental and educational since you can't have that taken away. If you take lessons on fixing households like basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical or home security then you are paying now for an education which will only cost more as monetary inflation continues. It may come to pass that in order to do anything to your house/home/trailer a city permit is required. Better fix what needs to be fixed now. And better learn how to fix it yourself. It may be good to get licenses yourself on permitting or filing paperwork. If there is one thing a communist regime likes is clerks. Those who work for the bureaucracy didn't starve, but most of them (those that could keep their mouth shut and eyes averted from the tragedy) slowly got poor like everyone else. Not everyone worked in Siberian mines in the USSR.

Also, materials for learning is only going to go up, so start practicing the trades you want to dabble in as you can afford better today the supplies which may be unavailable tomorrow. If you live in a house, do you have at least one window AC's if central air goes down? Can it run off a generator? In communist eastern Europe there were a premium on radios that ran off of and the batteries themselves. What about getting small solar panels and rechargeable batteries? How many PDF's do you have in computer storage? Start collecting the knowledge in ebooks and hard copy now.

I don't think the powers that be will shut down the internet, since they are all on the same team, the tech sector and the government sector. Better to keep it to push propaganda. It may be that citizens are only allowed on approved internet sites, so prepare for the great firewall. You can download a whole library of ebooks fiction and non-fiction that you can read over the years on a iPad from 2011 or a laptop with an SSD drive or a bootable pile of USB drives. I have devices almost 15 years or older covered in dust that still boot up and work.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Remember all the handwringing about Blackrock and friends buying all the residential real estate?

Turns out retail may not be the dumbest money in town, once again. I like this guy’s analysis:

Friends, if you’ve been saving a nest egg, your day may come to buy a house yet.

:optimistic:
I check the market every few weeks and "for sale by out of state investor" appears on about 1/3 of listings and looking at the price history suggests these "out of state investors" have jacked up prices on the lots I'm looking at (land for building) by a good $4-5,000 per acre. I'm mostly looking at empty land, but I know they've done something similar with houses.

It's really just one more bullshit hurdle the elite are using to fuck with us for their benefit.

Flan Handler

kiwifarms.net
I check the market every few weeks and "for sale by out of state investor" appears on about 1/3 of listings and looking at the price history suggests these "out of state investors" have jacked up prices on the lots I'm looking at (land for building) by a good $4-5,000 per acre. I'm mostly looking at empty land, but I know they've done something similar with houses.

It's really just one more bullshit hurdle the elite are using to fuck with us for their benefit.
Sit tight, the ones selling now are the smarter ones who see what’s coming. The dumber ones in denial will have their hand forced eventually.

Unless they truly paid cash (highly unlikely), a combo of unpaid rent and rising interest rates will force their hand.

The elites are absolutely fucking with us but a large number of the dipshits working in finance started after 2010, and very few are left from the 70’s. “Unskilled labor” as Peter Schiff calls them.

Kvervandi

Liv av kvar ein død. Død av kvart eit liv.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe this belongs in the Global Supply Chain.
For the US Kiwis, considering that Biden is calling for a Federal Tax Hiatus on Gas, do you think we should expect 70's style gas shortages and lines similar to when the Price Controls were put in place?
Maybe. I mean gas stations make nothing off of gas as it is, so they may just stop selling it altogether in some cases, if they have to take massive losses on it. But it remains to be seen if the admin will do that or not. I think they are waiting for states to rescind their taxes first.

Edit: Misread this. I don't think anything will happen as far as lines because it isn't enough to make a difference just the gas tax holiday. For price controls, if they were enacted, what I wrote above stands.

Last edited:

contradiction of terns

I have no egrets
kiwifarms.net
I was wondering, should this thread perhaps be merged with the Global supply chain? At this point, both talk about the same issues, or at least, very closely related ones.

I've already mentioned feeling that the threads might be better merged, but I will point out that while 99% of the supply chain issues are feeding into the bad economic conditions, there are plenty of the economic facets that have zero bearing on or relation to the supply chain problems.

With that said, if I keep hearing that people want the threads merged I'll see about poking the mods, so opinions are welcome.

兄貴 Forevermore

You got me mad now!
kiwifarms.net
I've already mentioned feeling that the threads might be better merged, but I will point out that while 99% of the supply chain issues are feeding into the bad economic conditions, there are plenty of the economic facets that have zero bearing on or relation to the supply chain problems.

With that said, if I keep hearing that people want the threads merged I'll see about poking the mods, so opinions are welcome.
Wouldn't that kill the indexing machine with over 6k posts cumulative? Might be cleaner to lock and just make a new thread.
Edit: I have no idea how this fourm software works but I know the slav slapfight thread 1 was locked for being too long.

contradiction of terns

I have no egrets
kiwifarms.net
Wouldn't that kill the indexing machine with over 6k posts cumulative? Might be cleaner to lock and just make a new thread.

This is a good point. I was already considering cleaning up both OPs, so arranging to have the threads locked and doing a singular merged OP might be cleaner and easier.

I will wait a day or two so other Kiwis can chime in on this. I do understand the complaint, since the supply chain problems and bad economic conditions are feeding into each other and becoming increasingly inter-related.

兄貴 Forevermore

You got me mad now!
kiwifarms.net
This is a good point. I was already considering cleaning up both OPs, so arranging to have the threads locked and doing a singular merged OP might be cleaner and easier.

I will wait a day or two so other Kiwis can chime in on this. I do understand the complaint, since the supply chain problems and bad economic conditions are feeding into each other and becoming increasingly inter-related.
Probably should title it
"Global economic suicide thread, 2022"
Considering how it seems most countries just forgot basic economic principles.

ToxicKek

kiwifarms.net

I'm on the fence here.

My initial opinion was they should be kept as 2 distinct threads. There will be some overlap but that's to be expected.

There are topics like employment, housing, etc that directly fall under the "depression" topic but not at all under supply chain umbrella.

On the other hand, the supply chain shortage is a major subtopic of depression.

After spending some time on the other thread, there's enough similar and different content to warrant me to continue sitting on the fence.

I'd be against merging if that increases noise or makes the discussion overly 1 country centric.

I'd be for merging if there can be more meaningful discussion and takeaways attained from combining the autistic input from both threads.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
I read both threads daily for the same discussion and info, and sometimes forget which I'm reading because the topics are so interrelated.

Maybe this belongs in the Global Supply Chain.
For the US Kiwis, considering that Biden is calling for a Federal Tax Hiatus on Gas, do you think we should expect 70's style gas shortages and lines similar to when the Price Controls were put in place?

It's theater on Biden's part anyway. Whoopdeshit, gas goes from $5 to $4.82. We save $8 a month or whatever.

K-Hole

kiwifarms.net
FWIW, I'd say to keep both threads if you can without having technical issues. Yes there is overlap, but with the subject matter being so close it's to be expected. It really could have been just one thread from the start, but unravelling it might be more hassle again. I don't really care. Whatever you think is best.

Both these subjects are not going away and will only be hotting up in the near future. So it's no bad thing to have a distinction between the two when it's needed. It gives a bit more flexibility.

So keep as is if you can, until such time that you really need to start fresh. FWIW.

Edited to add: Went to buy some butter yesterday. The brand that was 2 quid before is now £2.30, and the one that was £1.70 is now 2 quid! It's a good job I'm fucking innumerate and can't work that out percentage inflation points. But still... fuck...

It's these sudden massive hikes in the most essential of goods that worry me. Ok, yeah, I can buy another kind of spread, but I don't eat much of it anyway, and half those spreads are fucking toxic transfatty acids or wtf they call them. At least with butter you know what it is. And even cheaper brands taste pretty much like butter.

Xanen

And twilight gives me an inner sanctity.
kiwifarms.net
There's no "if"
tumblr_f7b6915532990e0be8103abbce7ea773_3695236a_1280.png

Puerto Pollo

kiwifarms.net

I know the feeling. I should be saving but instead I just spent a month of my wage to book a holiday. Haven't been anywhere in 4 years, who gives a shit anymore. Give me sun and booze. The world will burn down no matter what and no matter how many boxes of pasta, dry beans and flour I stockpiled. Sorry for the personal blog, I'm exhausted in ways I cannot explain.