Guitar and Bass Discussion - Sperg about players that inspire you, gear, share your experiences, etc.

• DDoS is active again.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
this guy has been having bad takes non stop, smug californian worship player, worst of the "gear influencer" sphere in terms of knowledge (and that is truely saying a lot, since even the smart ones barely do any research before making a vid or insta post, and the ones that do get stuff wrong anyway)
No doubt. My youtube well has been dry lately, and I forgot that shitting on Israel is hip now.
Yeah. Fuck 60 Cycle Hum.
However, I do suggest one from 2 years ago, when Ryan was at a trade show in Germany. He went around with that smug look on his face asking the 'influencers' who the worst guitarist present was.
Consistently, they all told him: "You are". Not sure if they were being edgy or funny. Or truthful.
But Ryan isn't a good guitarist. Bar and Grill -no cover- level at best.
Any genre outside of Surfer Rock, he really can't play.

ALSO - He is putting his retarded kid in more videos. The kid looks and acts a little 'touched'. What the fuck are they doing to kids today?
...on that note...
ATTENTION: -LURKING INFLUENCERS-
(I know you are reading)
You love your children. I HATE YOUR CHILDREN.
Squirting out a flesh turd or getting tricked by some whore into getting 50% of your shit is not worthy of attention.
Keep these fuckers OFF YOUR VIDEOS. Even if they can play - NOBODY CARES.
FUCK.
YOUR.
FAMILY.

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
ALSO - He is putting his retarded kid in more videos. The kid looks and acts a little 'touched'. What the fuck are they doing to kids today?
...on that note...
ATTENTION: -LURKING INFLUENCERS-
(I know you are reading)
You love your children. I HATE YOUR CHILDREN.
Squirting out a flesh turd or getting tricked by some whore into getting 50% of your shit is not worthy of attention.
Keep these fuckers OFF YOUR VIDEOS. Even if they can play - NOBODY CARES.
FUCK.
YOUR.
FAMILY.
Same outcome different motivation: if you love your kids don't put them on YT or socials, please protect them from that virus.

Xx_Retard Faggot 1488_xX

I miss my old friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Excuse you sir:

smOoooth and woarm
I assume you know this already, but flat rounds are a jazz thing. Either to go on your es-175 or to make your strat sound more like an es-175. That said I don't think they are essential for jazz and frankly, will probably fuck minor aspects of your playing up cuz the difference in friction (think going from road tires to F1 tires) = difference in handling for sliding and shit. Probably not a huge difference, but trying gimmicks just for kicks can be a waste of time better spent bullying people on the internet, but i'm just a faggot, a retard faggot.

Bad Gateway

[shitposting angrily]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I assume you know this already, but flat rounds are a jazz thing. Either to go on your es-175 or to make your strat sound more like an es-175. That said I don't think they are essential for jazz and frankly, will probably fuck minor aspects of your playing up cuz the difference in friction (think going from road tires to F1 tires) = difference in handling for sliding and shit. Probably not a huge difference, but trying gimmicks just for kicks can be a waste of time better spent bullying people on the internet, but i'm just a faggot, a retard faggot.
I can do both. I did know they were a jazz thing, My lesson teacher recommended I try them out, so I assume it's a ploy to get me to do something differently or pay attention to a different thing. Maybe pick attack maybe picking consistency maybe pay more attention to my finger placement?

I mean, that's kind of the thing about starting an instrument like guitar already having a music background. Small changes don't really fuck me up A) Because Im not good enough to have significant positive patterns or habits and B) Because Im used to playing things for weeks only to be told to make a slight technique adjustment for a little increase in speed, or accuracy, or whatever.

CWCinbed

kiwifarms.net
Anyone have any experience with the Line 6 Pod Go? It's supposed to be like an affordable Helix and it's got my interest peaked. Or should I drop a grand on a Deluxe Reverb?

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
Anyone have any experience with the Line 6 Pod Go? It's supposed to be like an affordable Helix and it's got my interest peaked. Or should I drop a grand on a Deluxe Reverb?
2021-06-04 15_30_45-Line 6 — Mozilla Firefox.png
Heck of a splash page line 6 has here. So 1k vs burning your house down hmmmm

Honestly I'd go strymon iridium, it doesn't sound "great", but it sounds exactly the same as every tube amp I've played sounds, a lot of digital takes are "sweetened" a bit more than you might want if you are considering a tube deluxe. If you already have lots of pedals it would be easy to integrate with what you're already using as well, the go seems to be a whole pedalboard in itself.

Xx_Retard Faggot 1488_xX

I miss my old friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If your inbetween a deluxe reverb and a wannabe helix I must ask, are you a zoomer looking for modeling ability or a tried and true boomer looking for a particular sound? If the former, I recommend saving up for the helix or going for a boss katana artist maybe? If your looking for the latter, I suggest a tone master to save a few hundred bucks (unless your buying used).

Overall, stating what your looking for could help us give a better answer.

CWCinbed

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Line 6, I recently acquired a Vox AC10C1. As someone who's been playing entirely on a modelling amp (hence why I referenced Line 6) for nearly two years, it's a revelation. I can't believe how good it sounds. Tubes all the way.
I feel like the tube bias comes from people who play garbage modelers, no offense. The Fender Tone Master shit is legit, like they nailed it.

If your inbetween a deluxe reverb and a wannabe helix I must ask, are you a zoomer looking for modeling ability or a tried and true boomer looking for a particular sound? If the former, I recommend saving up for the helix or going for a boss katana artist maybe? If your looking for the latter, I suggest a tone master to save a few hundred bucks (unless your buying used).

Overall, stating what your looking for could help us give a better answer.
I had a 100W Katana. Sounded like garbage straight out of the box. I had to tweak so much shit to make it sound somewhat decent.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
My Gibson reality checks...
There is no way I will ever (or should ever) afford a perfect Gibson. New or used. I have come to terms with that.
With that in mind, I have decided...

-Headstock cracks are ok. Seller needs to heavily discount and the repair should be good.
-Scratches/wear is fine. Discount should be applied - no, you didn't 'relic' it. You treated your guitar badly.
-Epiphone is fine. 90s Korea is preferred, any era Japan is next, China third. Indonesia is turd level - $200 at most. Pups need to be changed to PAFs in the future, and frets SHOULD NOT be able to shred cheese.
-Don't care about 'figuring' or 'quilted' wood. If you are choosing a guitar based on the visual aesthetics, you're the one who is 'flamed'.
-Don't care about abalone or Mother of Pearl. See above.
-Fuck signatures. Fuck celebrities.
-set necks don't give more sustain. However, there might be something else the experiments aren't showing. Still thunking on this one.
-I need some body carves.

So, what I'm currently looking for:
-90s Epiphone LP MIK, current day MIJ studio, or Chinese. Adding a set of PAFs, maybe burstbuckers...
-Epiphone Modern. Adding the PAFs as well.
-Gibson CM, CM-T or CM-HP Les Pauls. The standard CM was literally sold for $460 new at GC in 2015. Now there is a 'cult following' (like literally every other Gibson model).
-Gibson Invader - non collector grade.
-Gibson Sonex (but the fucking price is going up)

I won't do the crap-tastic Epi Special or Special II. But I WILL do the Epiphone Bully, if only for my Evil Plans...

Attached: I can't even fucking afford this one. The owner wants $500 plus $15 shipping.
165564937_2850133035203249_4334721979469676558_n.jpg

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
Unless I make the dumb decision to go to the store and buy it, I think I'm gonna hold off on getting a BC Rich Mockingbird to save some cash after needing to pay for my vehicle insurance and my property tax in the last month. In saying that though, I did purchase a new active EMG alnico P pickup and a BTS system for my current BC Rich Celtic Virgo. Been getting some weird feedback/buzzing issues when I increase my bridge volume or adjust the tone at a certain point. Looked into the what was going on with the wiring and its a snakes nest. I suspect with how badly everything was jammed in there, it has caused some over-time wiring issues on those pots. I hate soldering, electrical or plumbing, so I'm going the lazy route with EMG.

I already have an active EMG P pickup at home (was a dumbass and bought it when I went to upgrade my old Squier, not noticing it wasn't a passive), so I only needed the one extra. Figured I would add some flare to my Virgo's look and order a white top. Gonna have the basic P at the bridge while the white alnico P at the neck. Also ordered some new knobs for the upgrade too since the current pewter ones are compression fitted, not set screwed. Found a 4 pack of knobs with Celtic crosses on them that while not being pewter, the they're not polished so the overall look will match the hardware and design.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
I saw one last year for $600 or $700 and that is way too much for a guitar that was designed to be inexpensive. I know how it feels as I wanted a Gibson MIII since I love super strats and they few years ago went for around $1000 and now way above that price. Good luck for your search!

Xx_Retard Faggot 1488_xX

I miss my old friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no way I will ever (or should ever) afford a perfect Gibson. New or used. I have come to terms with that.

-Headstock cracks are ok. Seller needs to heavily discount and the repair should be good.
-Scratches/wear is fine. Discount should be applied - no, you didn't 'relic' it. You treated your guitar badly.
-Epiphone is fine. 90s Korea is preferred, any era Japan is next, China third. Indonesia is turd level - $200 at most. Pups need to be changed to PAFs in the future, and frets SHOULD NOT be able to shred cheese.
-Don't care about 'figuring' or 'quilted' wood. If you are choosing a guitar based on the visual aesthetics, you're the one who is 'flamed'.
-set necks don't give more sustain. However, there might be something else the experiments aren't showing. Still thunking on this one.

So, what I'm currently looking for:
-90s Epiphone LP MIK, current day MIJ studio, or Chinese. Adding a set of PAFs, maybe burstbuckers...
-Epiphone Modern. Adding the PAFs as well.
-Gibson CM, CM-T or CM-HP Les Pauls. The standard CM was literally sold for $460 new at GC in 2015. Now there is a 'cult following' (like literally every other Gibson model).
-Gibson Invader - non collector grade.

I won't do the crap-tastic Epi Special or Special II. But I WILL do the Epiphone Bully, if only for my Evil Plans...

Attached: I can't even fucking afford this one. The owner wants $500 plus $15 shipping.
View attachment 2235696
Just give trogley a BJ and maybe he will trade you his gibson french fry for your car for trade Tuesdays. ( Trade tues. btw is probably the most obscene level of grifting I may have ever seen).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kiwifarms.net
I have an acoustic guitar I haven't picked up in a few years and I was wondering if anybody knows some easy to intermediate classic rock songs that I can play without wanting to kill myself

Xx_Retard Faggot 1488_xX

I miss my old friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have an acoustic guitar I haven't picked up in a few years and I was wondering if anybody knows some easy to intermediate classic rock songs that I can play without wanting to kill myself
Problem with acoustic is that its not really meant for that, at least I play both instruments very differently, should use a cheap electric instead. That said, I recommend the rubber soul album by the beatles and acoustic versions of rock songs like everlong and times like these by foo fighters.

If you really like the acoustic, I recommend diving into folk like Neil Young, James Taylor, etc. You could also go the acoustic blues route like muddy waters. These genres will feel better on the acoustic, but you'll need to learn how to fingerpick and shit which is different.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Rando News:

-Sweetwater has a 10% bonus sale on credit. Buy $100, get $110 in SW credit.

-I found out about a GC 'hack'. Want that new guitar cheaper? Just call.
Bitch at the Associate on the phone, and he/she/xir will give you 10%-15% off immediately.
Warning: May lead to purchase of a Guitar Center product

-I'm noticing a 'leveling off' of used guitar prices. Seems like domestic manufacturing is steadily increasing.

-Trogly reviewed your GhostHorse @world of shit

Edit: Late News
Warmoth is completely redesigning their site.
OLD LOGINS WILL NOT WORK - INCLUDING FOR PURCHASES
also, you need to register to save your old designs - don't let your cool ideas die.

Last edited:

Bad Gateway

[shitposting angrily]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's what I've done:

foto_no_exif (3).jpg

foto_no_exif.jpg

foto_no_exif (2).jpg

Info: A mostly GF build, Lido body (very nice, recommend), GF Crunchy PATs (very nice, recommend), the Squier Tele Deluxe neck, and GF staggered locking tuners (look decent, don't have a usable break angle for this build, lock is nice, don't recommend).
Oddly enough, I had to order this hardtail bridge from an Ebay shop located in the UK because I wanted the "gold" look (it's actually brass). It's dope! I'm a huge fan. Well machined, fits perfectly, looks great, nice saddles. Shout to whatever dude made this thing its a winner. I LOVE this neck. I love it, I love it, and I love it. Honestly? Truly? I kind of wish I'd just waited and bought the fuckin Squier when it came back in stock. But hey, live and learn. Maybe the move is to play this for a while, and then see what I can get for it and try to move up into the Player? I dunno. What I do know is I need this sound, I need this feel. Tele Deluxe, I feel like with your help, I might be able to get over the LP thing.

He's right, you know, this is how to buy a Gibson.

Like, far from a you problem, but what are we (tHe CuLtUrE) TALKING ABOUT when headstock cracks are okay? Or just a lil cheeky cracking around the neck pocket or any of that fucking horseshit? It makes me MATI that Gibson is like sooooo iconic but a teeeensy tiny glance around reveals that maybe you should just buy the...anything else. PRS SE 24, into your amp, right now, for a tidy stack, no fightin. You want semihollow? A hundred more. Michael Kelly Patriot for like $450. A whole host of mid grade options from every Non-Fender brand on the planet, and risk-it-biscuit Chinese grade schlock for less than that. Point anywhere on this spectrum and ask: Are you really, I mean are you REALLY REALLY REALLY getting less than if you paid more to buy the closest new OR used Gibiphone? I dunno. I can't ever answer that question.

As for the sound...well, that's always the last remaining issue isn't it. Nothing sounds the SAME as the genuine, very expensive article. It just doesn't. Maybe there's no reason why and its all just a trick of the ears. But I don't think it is.

Speaking of Gibson, buckers, and doxing my trash guitar skill: Whole Lotta Love sure sounds a lot easier than it is. This is the first song I've ever learned that really USES distortion. It's hard. It's palm mute-y. I suck at all of it.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Here's what I've done:

View attachment 2271606

View attachment 2271618

View attachment 2271619

Info: A mostly GF build, Lido body (very nice, recommend), GF Crunchy PATs (very nice, recommend), the Squier Tele Deluxe neck, and GF staggered locking tuners (look decent, don't have a usable break angle for this build, lock is nice, don't recommend).
Oddly enough, I had to order this hardtail bridge from an Ebay shop located in the UK because I wanted the "gold" look (it's actually brass). It's dope! I'm a huge fan. Well machined, fits perfectly, looks great, nice saddles. Shout to whatever dude made this thing its a winner. I LOVE this neck. I love it, I love it, and I love it. Honestly? Truly? I kind of wish I'd just waited and bought the fuckin Squier when it came back in stock. But hey, live and learn. Maybe the move is to play this for a while, and then see what I can get for it and try to move up into the Player? I dunno. What I do know is I need this sound, I need this feel. Tele Deluxe, I feel like with your help, I might be able to get over the LP thing.

He's right, you know, this is how to buy a Gibson.

Like, far from a you problem, but what are we (tHe CuLtUrE) TALKING ABOUT when headstock cracks are okay? Or just a lil cheeky cracking around the neck pocket or any of that fucking horseshit? It makes me MATI that Gibson is like sooooo iconic but a teeeensy tiny glance around reveals that maybe you should just buy the...anything else. PRS SE 24, into your amp, right now, for a tidy stack, no fightin. You want semihollow? A hundred more. Michael Kelly Patriot for like $450. A whole host of mid grade options from every Non-Fender brand on the planet, and risk-it-biscuit Chinese grade schlock for less than that. Point anywhere on this spectrum and ask: Are you really, I mean are you REALLY REALLY REALLY getting less than if you paid more to buy the closest new OR used Gibiphone? I dunno. I can't ever answer that question.

As for the sound...well, that's always the last remaining issue isn't it. Nothing sounds the SAME as the genuine, very expensive article. It just doesn't. Maybe there's no reason why and its all just a trick of the ears. But I don't think it is.

Speaking of Gibson, buckers, and doxing my trash guitar skill: Whole Lotta Love sure sounds a lot easier than it is. This is the first song I've ever learned that really USES distortion. It's hard. It's palm mute-y. I suck at all of it.
I was justifying dropping $400-$500 on an SG with a headstock crack. the classic 'Gibson-Smile'.
-Under the tuners, right at the neck 'break angle'. Gibsons all crack there, sometimes spontaneously.
Reasons:
#1 - the break angle of 12 degrees REALLY stresses the wood there, esp with steel strings under tension. The old angle of 14 degrees was worse.
#2 - 'Tropic mahogany' (luan) is a fairly weak wood. Real mahogany is tough, but Gibson hasn't used that in a century.

Most 'cracks' are actually 'finish-checks' from temperature-shocking a guitar. Some autists think finish-checking is 'vintage'. It just means you are shit at caring for things.

But you are right, @Bad Gateway . I officially give NO shits about Gibsons anymore. I'm gonna be happy with my used Ibanez(s) and Frankenshit guitars.

Xx_Retard Faggot 1488_xX

I miss my old friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was justifying dropping $400-$500 on an SG with a headstock crack. the classic 'Gibson-Smile'.
-Under the tuners, right at the neck 'break angle'. Gibsons all crack there, sometimes spontaneously.
Reasons:
#1 - the break angle of 12 degrees REALLY stresses the wood there, esp with steel strings under tension. The old angle of 14 degrees was worse.
#2 - 'Tropic mahogany' (luan) is a fairly weak wood. Real mahogany is tough, but Gibson hasn't used that in a century.

Most 'cracks' are actually 'finish-checks' from temperature-shocking a guitar. Some autists think finish-checking is 'vintage'. It just means you are shit at caring for things.

But you are right, @Bad Gateway . I officially give NO shits about Gibsons anymore. I'm gonna be happy with my used Ibanez(s) and Frankenshit guitars.
I still dream of a new les paul std 50s in cherryburst, rate me Islamic but that shit is halal af. I saw a pic online of one with gold hardware especially that gave me the chills, first time I ever wanted that shit.