Harry Potter Tumblr-verse Drama - Dumbledore is gay, quit oppressing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I thought it first came out when a shipper directly asked her if there were any gay characters and she proudly announced "Actually I always thought of Dumbledore as gay" to applause and cheers and sensationalist Fox News headlines

polonium

By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good, fuck this bitch. She's as left wing as they come, and she was perfectly happy to lap up the adulation for making LGBTQWTFBBQ characters, and I didn't hear her calling bullshit on the mob when they went after anyone else for fake outrage. She stoked this fire, let her roast on it for a bit.

sheephead

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know she was asked by a reporter lady if Dumbledore had ever found love and that was how it went public. Nothing special, really.

Most of the fangirls probably didn't give that much a fuck before they realized they were getting a young Dumbledore.

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trumpledore's a white male, oppressing him is OK even if he's gay.

Remember when Rowling tried to spread that edited clip of Trump seemingly snubbing and ignoring a kid in a wheelchair, only for it to later come out she intentionally lied about it, and the clip had edited out trump going out of his way to shake the kids hand and talk to him beforehand?

There are many reasons to want Rowling to burn in a cauldron of siphoned tumblr meatwhale body-grease, from hypocrisy to dishonesty to just plain douchebaggery, but most of all I think her career and public persona schtick needs to come crumbling down so that Harry Potter can be left in the same dustbin society left twilight, and new and better written things can fill the void it leaves in these dumbass's heads

Dysnomia

Dango whore
kiwifarms.net
J.K. Rowling, Stop Queerbaiting: We’re Ready for Gay Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ — Opinion

"Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" has a foolproof chance to make history with the first gay lead of a studio movie, so why is Warner Bros. balking?

When “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling announced in 2007 that she “always thought of Dumbledore as gay,” initial reactions were mixed. While some lauded the writer for what they deemed an earnest attempt at inclusion, many were unimpressed by the posthumous outing of a character whose chapter had long been closed. (The final book in the series, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” was published three months before Rowling’s revelation).

Being cockeyed optimists (it’s from “South Pacific,” get your minds out of the gutter), “Harry Potter” fans hoped the forthcoming movies might actually show Dumbledore, you know, being gay, even though it is never explicitly stated in the books. However, three more movies came out after Rowling’s admission, with nary a mention of Dumbledore’s supposed romance with Grindelwald, a friend from his youth who betrays him. To be fair, there was a lot of story to pack into just eight hours of movie, and priority went to wrapping up the whole Harry/Voldemort thing.

With a highly successful “Harry Potter” prequel franchise in full swing, Rowling has a chance to set the record… gay. The first prequel, 2016’s “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” was a critical and box-office hit, prompting renewed interest in the magical series. Dumbledore does not appear in the first film, but its forthcoming sequel, “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,” will follow young Dumbledore’s relationship with Grindelwald — the very one Rowling asserts was romantic.

As the movie’s screenwriter, (she did not write any of the “Harry Potter” movies), surely Rowling would jump at the chance to finally canonize gay Dumbledore. Rowling stoked the flames herself, saying in a 2016 interview: “This is obviously a five-part story, so there’s lots to unpack in that relationship… As far as his sexuality is concerned, watch this space.”

Well, you can expelliarmus those fantasies right out of your tiny queer hearts, because gay Dumbledore is still nothing more than an apparition — and not the kind you can see.

“Fantastic Beasts” director David Yates recently told Entertainment Weeklyhow his movie will handle Dumbledore’s gayness: “Not explicitly.” As the news travelled, disappointment turned into outrage, with many voicing their concerns to Rowling on Twitter. “Being sent abuse about an interview that didn’t involve me,” she responded. “[A]bout a screenplay I wrote but which none of the angry people have read, which is part of a five-movie series that’s only one instalment (sic) in.”

The confirmation from Yates is all the more disappointing considering studios have been quietly testing the gay waters, with small moments in tentpoles like “Beauty and the Beast” and “Power Rangers.” There was a flurry of excitement last year when out gay director Bill Condon said his live-action “Beauty and the Beast” would boast an “exclusively gay moment,” which turned out to be an overhyped split-second dance between two men. (Despite the moment’s brevity, Disney received pushback in Malaysia and Russia).

Like “Beauty and the Beast,” “Fantastic Beasts” has a built-in audience, one so loyal that it’s hard to imagine a gay storyline would negatively affect its bottom line. “Beauty and the Beast” was the second highest-grossing movie of 2017, second only to “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Warner Bros. has a foolproof path toward making history with the first studio tentpole with an out gay character. Why is it balking at the chance?

Perhaps, like Yates and Rowling, Warner Bros. is hoping to cash in on the goodwill of a few offhanded comments. Later in his interview, Yates said: “I think all the fans are aware of that.” (Meaning Dumbledore being gay). Sure, send us right back into the closet with our silly little fantasies, like the last two millennia of gay stories. We’ve been there, done that, and we’re not going back. LGBT audiences are experts at finding queer subtext in just about any movie, from “Rebel Without a Cause” to “Thelma and Louise.” It’s one of our favorite pastimes, and that’s what it remains: A pastime.

As in, it’s long past time for “gay” characters to come out of the celluloid closet and be fully, beautifully, brilliantly queer.

If not, that’s cool. There’s no rule that says you have to have a gay character in your movie (though you might pick up a few Oscars). In 2017 alone, we had gay love stories in “Call Me by Your Name,” “God’s Own Country,” and “Battle of the Sexes,” out gay characters in “The Shape of Water” and “Lady Bird,” not to mention next-level queer films like “A Fantastic Woman” and “(BPM) Beats Per Minute.” (Don’t expect Rowling or Yates to have seen those). We’ve seen real representation. Rowling does not get to flippantly reveal her inner musings to score inclusivity points — not without actually putting it on the page. We’re good, mate. So stop blue-balling us with your queerbaiting and leave us alone.
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/jk-rowling-dumbledore-gay-fantastic-beasts-lgbt-1201924000/

Alrighty...

LGBT audiences are experts at finding queer subtext in just about any movie, from “Rebel Without a Cause” to “Thelma and Louise.” It’s one of our favorite pastimes, and that’s what it remains: A pastime.

This reminds me of something I have seen on Tumblr where people insist that a character is autistic and that the author just didn't realise they wrote an autistic character. Every same sex friendship doesn't end in a sexual relationship. If you want to fantasize go ahead. But some fans are insanely insistent that even the author's decisions to ship their beloved gay cinnamon bun with an opposite sex partner is wrong and queerphobic queerbaiting. Remember Sherlock? How dare Sherlock and Watson not end the series by having glorious buttsex?

But here it isn't queerbaiting because word of God is that Dumbledore is in fact gay. But making his entire character revolve around how gay he is would be against what SJWs keep screeching about. Fetishization. Yet this seems to be exactly what they want?:\

You'd think that they'd want the relationship to develop naturally and represent a gay relationship in a positive way, showing that it's more than just lube and buttsex. Plus it's a children's movie. It cannot be explicit. Kids are not watching to see a gay relationship anyway. i hate it when adult spergs take over a fandom meant for children and turn it into depravity. But it always happens and always will happen. Can't do anything about it really.

When you shoot for the international market you have to play ball. Is Harry Potter popular in Russia? I'd think that would be a problem there.

No matter what happens SJWs will not be satisfied. There is no way to win here. Just be glad neither Dumbledore or Grindelwald are trans.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These people are incapable of understanding that people are more than their sexuality. Because to them that is the only thing that defines them. They aren't smart, successful, interesting or accomplished. All they have is their identity. So they go "I AM GAY/TRANS/QUEER AND AM A SPECIAL SUPPRESSED MINORITY, THAT MEANS YOU MUST CATER TO ME" When in reality nobody gives a fuck. That's why they are so obnoxious because they are inconsequential.

Adolf Von Merkel

kiwifarms.net
Wtf ,I didn't watch the fantastic beast film but Greendelwalt is the magical equivalent of hitler, why the fuck they want he and dumbledore fuck?

Im gonna play soycuck's advocate here....Im fully on board with this backlash.

Rowling and other hack frauds like her have profited a fair bit by ostensibly pandering to the tumblr SJW crowd in petty yet grossly overhyped ways (gay dumbledore, black hermione, etc) which are universally removed from the actual pages of the crap she writes.

Furthermore she has been all aboard the "IF YOU OFFEND MY JOURNO FRIENDS YOU ARE SUBHUMAN NAZI SCUM!" train as exemplified by her baffling little crusade against pewdiepie (she declared him a nazi because some of his fans made nazi memes...which makes one wonder what she is given the literal thousands of pro-fascist child fucking fanfics made of harry potter over the decades) and yet when the chips are down she fucking refuses to put her money where her mouth is and actually stick by the SJW principles she claims to fucking champion.

So while SJWs and assorted hipster twats are as obnoxious as ever, they are not wrong in saying that JK was just paying their dumb shit lip service solely for more sales and to sic them upon people she dislikes without actually being genuine about believing or acting on any of it.

Either way, I am going to enjoy this and hope it escalates in every possible way
I remember reading that britain had some law about gay in books or some bullshit and is probably the reason on being shy about gayblendore.

Also, I doubt parent would like their children reading a gay oldman spying and protecting 24/7 a 10 years old children...

IvanaHumpalot

I swear to drunk I'm not God.
kiwifarms.net
These people are incapable of understanding that people are more than their sexuality. Because to them that is the only thing that defines them. They aren't smart, successful, interesting or accomplished. All they have is their identity. So they go "I AM GAY/TRANS/QUEER AND AM A SPECIAL SUPPRESSED MINORITY, THAT MEANS YOU MUST CATER TO ME" When in reality nobody gives a fuck. That's why they are so obnoxious because they are inconsequential.

Head's up, I'm about to sperg for a bit:

When I read HP books and came to the part detailing Dumbledores and Grindelwalds relationship, it was kinda obvious Dumbledore had feelings for him (Dumbledore did things and behaved in such a way you can't say he saw Grindelwald as a 'just friends'). It was subtle, but enough that you could connect 2 and 2 without throwing in cheesy romance and explicitly stating Dumbledore wanting that dick and whatnot. When J.K. Rowling said later that he's gay, I wasn't least bit surprised. In my eyes that's more than a fair representation. It was also in times when the SJW didn't exist (at least not on todays scale)

Reason why I quoted your post is because of your first sentence:

These people are incapable of understanding that people are more than their sexuality.

And that's why these retards want to project so hard on Dumbledore. These morons have completely warped sense of identity and thus, Dumbledore has to be flaming gay covered in rainbows and unicorns while ramming Grindelwalds ass, instead of being yknow, complex character with his ups and downs (as he was in the books). Because every gay character has to be sexualy deviant or something to show that he's in fact, a gay person. AND ALSO, if these fucks are Potter fantards to begin with, they would know that his 'love' was one sided and thus it didn't have happy ending, therefor, where's that hot steamy gay romance they want? It shows that only thing they care about is ''MUH DUMBLADOR BEING GAY AND SLAYING IT''.

But I can say I'm enjoying people piling on J.K. Rowling, she became insufferable as of lately and her constant virtue signaling is coming back to bite her ass. This is what you get when you cave in to screeching fucktards.

Tlazolli

pingas
kiwifarms.net
“But why muh Hollywood mainstream movies not include super overt gayness????”

1) The film would flop or even be outright banned in more conservative countries. This is a huge loss of profit.

2) It could flop in America, too. Most straight people of any race aren’t very interested in watching films about “being gay”

But of course, Hollywood is homophobic for not making gay films that are likely to flop and make them lose millions of dollars.

Adolf Von Merkel

kiwifarms.net
Head's up, I'm about to sperg for a bit:

When I read HP books and came to the part detailing Dumbledores and Grindelwalds relationship, it was kinda obvious Dumbledore had feelings for him (Dumbledore did things and behaved in such a way you can't say he saw Grindelwald as a 'just friends'). It was subtle, but enough that you could connect 2 and 2 without throwing in cheesy romance and explicitly stating Dumbledore wanting that dick and whatnot. When J.K. Rowling said later that he's gay, I wasn't least bit surprised. In my eyes that's more than a fair representation. It was also in times when the SJW didn't exist (at least not on todays scale)

Reason why I quoted your post is because of your first sentence:

And that's why these exceptional individuals want to project so hard on Dumbledore. These morons have completely warped sense of identity and thus, Dumbledore has to be flaming gay covered in rainbows and unicorns while ramming Grindelwalds ass, instead of being yknow, complex character with his ups and downs (as he was in the books). Because every gay character has to be sexualy deviant or something to show that he's in fact, a gay person. AND ALSO, if these fucks are Potter fantards to begin with, they would know that his 'love' was one sided and thus it didn't have happy ending, therefor, where's that hot steamy gay romance they want? It shows that only thing they care about is ''MUH DUMBLADOR BEING GAY AND SLAYING IT''.

But I can say I'm enjoying people piling on J.K. Rowling, she became insufferable as of lately and her constant virtue signaling is coming back to bite her ass. This is what you get when you cave in to screeching fucktards.

A Dumbledore/Grindelwalds happy ending would end with a muggle genocide and maybe in a patriarchy world( we don't know how grindelwald think about women but voldemort mind wasn't feminist).
It hilarious wanting two gay people fighting against all they think and love and being ok because they're gays.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
A Dumbledore/Grindelwalds happy ending would end with a muggle genocide and maybe in a patriarchy world( we don't know how grindelwald think about women but voldemort mind wasn't feminist).
It hilarious wanting two gay people fighting against all they think and love and being ok because they're gays.

I'm sure they think muggles are white so its okey 8)

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
That's the best thing about political correctness: There's no way to please them, or to get in their terms in the long term.
Socjus karma bit Rowling's butt so hard I can hear the tumblrtard roaring from here.

And it's glorious.
What do they even expect? "I always loved you. Like a brother. Whom I fucked. Passionately. But raw".

Tumblr spends all day shipping but once it's in terms of their holy grail, damn give us that wandy dick on screen.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
The best thing Rowling ever did was win a Hugo Award and then completely ignore the fact. IIRC when she won some other award a few years later, she announced at the ceremony that THAT award was the first one she'd ever won that was for adults.

George RR Martin sperged for something like a decade after the Rowling win, since one his books was also nominated that year. My google-fu is failing me in find links about this, but it was actually hilarious at the time. (2001 or 2002.)

She delivered the burn to the Hugos Vox Day wishes he could. :lol:

Petronella

kiwifarms.net
The "relationship" between the two was that Grindlewald used Dumbledore's feelings for him to manipulate him and then dropped him like a hot potato. If they do end up showing this in the movies, I guarantee the same people clamoring over representation and queerbaiting will start throwing fits that the movies dared to depict a gay person being abusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.