healthiest diet? -

gigglemilk

mimosa bukkake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
is there any consensus on this or are vegans and paleo/keto advocates still hosting 4 hour long debates that i cba to sit through? I figured fish would be some of the healthier food out there but now we have the whole micro plastic issue. What are some good options for avoiding inflammation? Iirc, the polyphenols in high quality olive oils are some of the most potent antioxidants you can get.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There'll never be a consensus, there's a multibillion dollar industry dedicated to finding new diet crazes. If you're specifically concerned about inflammation, the Tom Brady diet is the one I've found most obsessed with that. So no refined sugars/grains, no trans fats, lots of leafy greens and vegetables, and replace your olive oil with avocado oil.

Really, most of these diets massively overthink it and 90% of people who are just trying to get healthier can measurably do so if they just shrank the size of their portions, made a point to eat more fish, and swapped regular refined carbs for fruits and veggies.

gigglemilk

mimosa bukkake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There'll never be a consensus, there's a multibillion dollar industry dedicated to finding new diet crazes. If you're specifically concerned about inflammation, the Tom Brady diet is the one I've found most obsessed with that. So no refined sugars/grains, no trans fats, lots of leafy greens and vegetables, and replace your olive oil with avocado oil.

Really, most of these diets massively overthink it and 90% of people who are just trying to get healthier can measurably do so if they just shrank the size of their portions, made a point to eat more fish, and swapped regular refined carbs for fruits and veggies.
thats fair, a lot of it is likely unnecessary obsession with the minutiae. I think ill just adopt a diet with plenty of fish and vegetables. Ill look into the avocado oil, never heard of it and dont know how it compares with olive oil, thanks.

gigglemilk

mimosa bukkake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's going to depend somewhat on the individual, but it's hard to go wrong with high vegetables, moderate meat, low sugar.

Past that you're looking at probably %400 effort for a %10 gain in whatever it is you want.
cutting out added sugar has been a big help for me, i feel significantly better. Ive considered trying a vegan diet but it seems like too much effort and idk how much healthier it is for the heart.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Who Wants a Body Massage?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really, basic things like fish, fruits, veggies, good fats like nuts and milk or whatever, those all go a long way. Fish in particular is fucking amazing for you, it's super high in protein and is a good source of natural zinc, something a lot of people are deficient in.

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brotein is not only the freshest most bioavailable protein source you can get, you don't even have to swallow it gets injected right down the throat. Talk about convenient! And it's free, you can find people willing to donate around every corner.

Connor Murphy is kicking off a revolution in health atm, check out his channel.

gigglemilk

mimosa bukkake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brotein is not only the freshest most bioavailable protein source you can get, you don't even have to swallow it gets injected right down the throat. Talk about convenient! And it's free, you can find people willing to donate around every corner.

Connor Murphy is kicking off a revolution in health atm, check out his channel.
i saw that, might comment in it and follow whats going on with him. Bizarre turn of events that i cant wrap my head around assuming its legit and not some playacting from him. Did he really go through with it on his onlyfans btw? wtf

Poppavalyim Andropoff

Pussy Destroyer
kiwifarms.net
What are some good options
272040F8-8506-4D3B-8B58-D411C770E804.jpeg
3134A039-3B0D-483D-83B4-3ED6439BA52A.jpeg

Syntaxion

200% based & redpilled
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's heart health, cut down on the saturated fat. It increases cholesterol (LDL) leading to damage to the arteries and in the long term, atherosclerosis. On the other hand, products with pholyphenols like green tea increase the good kind of cholesterol, HDL, which helps against artery damage and is thus good for the heart.

There's a downside though, are you male? Because the same polyphenols also increase estrogen. Estrogen is good for the heart, but not perfect for your health if you're male (not the say you don't need estrogen at all, but most men already suffer from low test, let's not make it worse)

Estrogen being good for the heart is the same reason why like 76% of random heart attacks happen to men.

And since we're already talking about cholesterol: Cholesterol might be bad for the heart, but it's damn good for testosterone. In fact, the testicles take cholesterol and use it to produce test (also to produce estrogen in the ovaries if female)

Studies have shown that men with lower cholesterol levels, have both a healthier heart but also lower testosterone.

Also, mono-unsaturated fatty-acids are generally good for heart health with no particular downsides (that I know of). I.e. olive oil and peanutbutter

The fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) might be good for the heart, science isn't 100% sure. But adding fatty fish to your diet, say once a week, is always good. Just don't eat larger fishes or non-fatty ones like Tuna because they're filled with mercury. Mackerel, Sardines or (wild, not farmed) salmon

Another tip is spicy food/pepper. They're natural vascodilators, which mean they cause the blood vessels to become wider, which allows more blood to flow through.

And 1 glas of red wine per week is also associated with a healthier heart (assuming it stays at that) because of similair reasons to the green tea.

Also lower your salt intake - high natrium levels in the blood, hypernatremia, leads to hypertension. Most people already get all the salt they need (it is neccesary) before all the added salt

In a similair vein, potassium lowers natrium levels in the blood through a process called the natrium-potassium pump. Potassium can be found in for example bananas

However, like is said above, the best diet for overal health is counting calories with a diverse diet while skipping processed crap. Some apps not only tell you how much calories you consume, but also how much micronutrients and specific macronutrients (for example how much saturated fat instead of just fat in general)

Also cardio and keep your weight normal

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hear whatever hunter gatherers did worked out well-ish.

When people first went to agriculture, there were health issues, like height reduction.

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Most of my meals look like this:
Breakfast.jpg

Breakfast 2.jpg

Breakfast 3.jpg

Aside from that, I eat lean meat (below 10%), fish (salmon, cod, haddock) and eggs (I prefer hard boiled).
Don't forget about vitamin supplements, you want health and longevity then you have to take them.