healthiest diet? -

Slimy Time

Long and lanky.
kiwifarms.net
Isn't really a "healthiest diet". We have different interested parties pushing what they believe is the best diet. For years we had groups talking about how everyone has to go low fat because cholesterol is a killer, only for low fat alternatives to be riddled with sugar. You have these keto/paeleo bros who will tell you their fat heavy diet is the healthiest, and so on.

Everyone who isn't a retard knows the basics of the healthy diet. Don't overeat, skip processed food, don't eat too much sugar or too much meat etc.

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
Isn't really a "healthiest diet". We have different interested parties pushing what they believe is the best diet. For years we had groups talking about how everyone has to go low fat because cholesterol is a killer, only for low fat alternatives to be riddled with sugar. You have these keto/paeleo bros who will tell you their fat heavy diet is the healthiest, and so on.

Everyone who isn't a retard knows the basics of the healthy diet. Don't overeat, skip processed food, don't eat too much sugar or too much meat etc.
Pretty much this. If you eat a truly balanced diet that is up to date with the highest quality science, you'll probably be way over in the "official" recommendations for cholesterol and way under in the recommendations for carbs. But that's OK, because the government's recommendations are nonsense and weren't even accurate with scientific understanding even when they were created, much less now. Ignore the government's recommendations, ignore the fad diets, ignore broscience, ignore clickbait "science". Common sense will get you far. When in doubt, eat what your ancestors ate before the Industrial Revolution. You can't go wrong by avoiding any food processed in a way that can't be done without a factory.

A good read about how the US government has completely fucked up their dietary recommendations:

Ive considered trying a vegan diet but it seems like too much effort and idk how much healthier it is for the heart.
Don't. Vegan diets will fuck with your hormones and micronutrients. We evolved to be omnivores. Going vegan is like saying you know better than hundreds of thousands of years of selection pressure. If you wanted to completely cut out red meat and dairy and only eat eggs and fish for your animal protein sources, that might be fine, but it seems like an unnecessary restriction.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
ALL gimmick "diets" are unhealthy (none of them as unhealthy as veganism though, which is literal self-mutilation)

The most healthy diet is simply not eating any processed foods & cooking all your food from high quality organic ingredients (if you're a man you need a woman to cook for you), and avoiding all additives and jewish chemicals (this includes not only obvious shit like polyunsaturated fatty acids & artificial sweeteners but also never drinking anything from a plastic bottle and filtering all your water). If you're a fat retard eat less and if you're a skinny nerd eat more. All above this is from the devil

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Calorie counting is the way to go if you ask me. All it is is addition, and thanks to carrying around the Internet in your pocket finding the caloric content in anything is easy. Sure, you'll probably be starving for the first week or two and craving fast food if you're a recovering addict like me, but it's become so user friendly you really don't have an excuse. Fun fact: my calorie count was so low after lunch today I got to eat an extra hamburger patty at dinner!

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no "healthiest" diet. Genetics plays a big role in which diet works best for you. Some people do great on keto, some people it fucks up their cholesterol. Some people do great on low fat, others get high blood sugar from it. I need to be careful to not eat too much dietary cholesterol, which sucks because I like eggs, because when I do, my LDL goes up. Others can eat them just fine.

Calorie and macro counting is what I do. It allows me to stay in the same shape (roughly) while still allowing me to sometimes splurge and stay within my diet. Or if I want to bulk or cut, it's easy to adjust.

Uncle Warren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no "healthiest" diet. Genetics plays a big role in which diet works best for you. Some people do great on keto, some people it fucks up their cholesterol. Some people do great on low fat, others get high blood sugar from it. I need to be careful to not eat too much dietary cholesterol, which sucks because I like eggs, because when I do, my LDL goes up. Others can eat them just fine.

Calorie and macro counting is what I do. It allows me to stay in the same shape (roughly) while still allowing me to sometimes splurge and stay within my diet. Or if I want to bulk or cut, it's easy to adjust.
A lot of the cholesterol in eggs is in the yolk so you could get away with egg whites. They're pretty damn nice honestly and have a variety of uses.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yea I feel you there. If you don't like taking the yolk out and getting hands wet could probably get some carton of egg whites too, but I wouldn't.
I will usually separate them, but then if I need a whole bunch I will put a whole egg or two in there. Gotta have some splurges

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
☐ Beans (Black/Butter/Kidney/Navy/Pinto/Great Norther Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Lentils, Miso, Tempeh, Split Peas, Black-eyed Peas)
☐ Berries (Acai, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cherries, Cranberries, Goji Berries)
☐ Other 'Fruits' (Apple, Bananas(technically a berry), Dates, Figs, Grapefruit, Honeydew, Kiwifruit(also technically a berry), Lemon/Lime, Lychees, Mangos, Nectarines, Oranges, Papaya, Peaches, Pomegranates, Prunes, Tangerines, Watermelon(believe it or not, also technically a berry))
☐ Cruciferous Vegetables (Arugula, Broccoli, Brussels, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collard Greens, Horseradish, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mustard Greens, Radishes, Turnip Greens, Watercress)
Greens (Arugula, Collard Greens, Kale, Sorrel, Spinach, Chard, Turnip Greens)
☐ Other Vegetables (Artichokes, Asparagus, Beets, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Corn, Garlic, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Pumpkin, Dulse, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Zucchini)
☐ Brown/Golden Flax Seed
☐ Nuts/Seeds
(Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Cashews, Chia Seeds, Hazelnuts, Hemp Seeds, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Pistachios, Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts)
☐ Herbs/Spices (Allspice, Basil, Bay Leaves, Cardamom, Chili Powder, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Curry Powder, Dill, Fenugreek, Garlic, Ginger, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Mustard, Nutmeg(be careful), Oregano, Smoke Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Peppermint, Rosemary, Saffron, Sage, Thyme, Turmeric, Vanilla)
☐ Whole Grains (Oatmeal, Dark Bread, Unbuttered Popcorn)
☐ Liquid (60 oz)
☐ 1 hour 30 minutes of low or 45 minutes of high intensity exercise
☐ Vitamin B12 taken sublingually every other day at least

gigglemilk

mimosa bukkake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

what is the best way to know which dietary style fits well with your genome? Beyond trial and error, are there places you can go and sequence parts of your genome to find out?

Fucky Chucky

kiwifarms.net
I was going to jump in with this. I once watched a documentary about cannibalism in the animal kingdom and at least as far as frogs and spiders go, eating your own creates a perfectly balanced stream of proteins and other nutrients necessary to grow and maintain the body. Unfortunately, or fortunately, cannibalism causes prion diseases. Its simple science. I don't understand it at all.

LurkTrawl

If being good was easy the world would be paradise
kiwifarms.net
Are there any health benefits to eating corn? Or peas? I've been putting them in meals forever and I don't know if it's a healthy thing or not.