Healthy eating tips and recipes. - Consume more gay soy or whatever.

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net
I know there is a weight loss thread, but thought I would just put in a healthy eating thread because I don't really see anything like it. There was an old ass Favorite Healthy/Veggie thread, but that shit was dead and I don't wanna necro it. What are some good recipes for you guys? Never had a weight problem, but always trying to figure out how to cook shit that isn't just shoving a beer can into a chicken or eating raw carrots.

Right now looking at the Daily Dozen just for a base:

1623610644587.png

Which, I suppose is pretty decent for the most part. But all vegetarian recipes online and shit are often really unhealthy or just boring as fuck. Anyone got some good ones?

Helvítis Túristi

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure I understand this daily dozen, but I'd say maybe some sort of taco/burrito could fill most of those spots or some sauce on rice based dish(curry or other type of sauce).
For taco/burrito: Use tortilla with flaxseed and grain I guess? Make salsa with cooked black beans, diced tomatoes, chopped onion, chili pepper, and salsa herbs. Also have some grilled mushrooms, peppers, and other veggies with taco spices.

For the fruit, berries, nuts, and green tea. You could make a green tea smoothie with the ingredients. Not sure what to do with the cruciferous other than to use it for a mayo sauce to go with taco. No idea how that would taste. Exercise should be easy to do. Honestly, this is the best I could come up with. The only unhealthy thing would be how much salt you use in tacos, sugar in smoothie, and the mayo. What I will say is that, if you don't find more recipes. You will get tired of eating the same stuff over and over again.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
i like simple stuff thats easy to make and tastes good, i don't bother adding specific healthy ingredients to it, only really care about taste and macros and calories. for example, cut a chicken breast into chunks and marinade it for a couple hours, then pan fry and serve with rice. tastes great, super cheap, not a lot of work, great macros.

MerriedxReldnahc

Gay Supervillains Against Elder Abuse
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of sheet pan dinners are stupid easy and very healthy depending on what you put on the tray. One of the easiest dinners I do is to cut up bell peppers, carrots, taters, broccoli and toss them on the pan with some olive oil and sea salt, and put either sausages or meatballs on top. Cook that in the oven at 375 F for 45 minutes and serve with whatever condiments you want.

I've posted my roasted broccoli in a thread before and got great feedback on it, it's the tastiest broccoli I've ever had.
Just a pan with a chopped up head or two of broccoli, tossed in olive oil, and roasted at 450 for 20 to 25 minutes. When it comes out you toss it with more oil, lemon juice, and sea salt.

Other healthy favorites of mine are fish tacos, cod is my favorite choice. Paired with rice it's what I usually make the night before a long-distance run because it's a good source of carbs with a easily digestible proteins.

Also, Alton Brown has a recipe for the best goddamn celery I've ever eaten: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/braised-celery-recipe-1939479

skjora

kiwifarms.net
The basics: try to eat with decent variation, and don't skimp on leafy greens. Eat food that is relatively filling for the calorie content if you want to lose weight, and eat food that is calorie dense if you want to gain weight. High protein and high fiber foods are filling. A decent amount of fiber is good for your gut.

Here's one of my favorite recipes: Fry some minced meat with a diced onion. Pour over strained tomatoes or tomato sauce, about the same by weight as the meat. Add some stock(important), dried basil, good amount of chili (sauce or powder, whatever). Let simmer, then add parsley. Add salt until it's a bit salty.

Now, take a cauliflower (trust me) and coarsely shred it in a food processor. Put the shredded cauliflower in boiling water for like 10-20 seconds. Serve with the meat sauce. The cauliflower has fuck-all taste and calories, but has the texture of kinda juicy rice and carries the taste of the sauce extremely well.

I've posted my roasted broccoli in a thread before and got great feedback on it, it's the tastiest broccoli I've ever had.
Just a pan with a chopped up head or two of broccoli, tossed in olive oil, and roasted at 450 for 20 to 25 minutes. When it comes out you toss it with more oil, lemon juice, and sea salt.
You can make this a bit more fancy by stir-frying smaller pieces of broccoli in butter or oil, then splashing some white cooking wine over it and let evaporate a couple of times. Aspargus is also extremely tasty to prepare in this fashion.

MerriedxReldnahc

Gay Supervillains Against Elder Abuse
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The basics: try to eat with decent variation, and don't skimp on leafy greens. Eat food that is relatively filling for the calorie content if you want to lose weight, and eat food that is calorie dense if you want to gain weight. High protein and high fiber foods are filling. A decent amount of fiber is good for your gut.

Here's one of my favorite recipes: Fry some minced meat with a diced onion. Pour over strained tomatoes or tomato sauce, about the same by weight as the meat. Add some stock(important), dried basil, good amount of chili (sauce or powder, whatever). Let simmer, then add parsley. Add salt until it's a bit salty.

Now, take a cauliflower (trust me) and coarsely shred it in a food processor. Put the shredded cauliflower in boiling water for like 10-20 seconds. Serve with the meat sauce. The cauliflower has fuck-all taste and calories, but has the texture of kinda juicy rice and carries the taste of the sauce extremely well.

You can make this a bit more fancy by stir-frying smaller pieces of broccoli in butter or oil, then splashing some white cooking wine over it and let evaporate a couple of times. Aspargus is also extremely tasty to prepare in this fashion.
l'll have to try asparagus like that sometime! It's a veggie that I hadn't made before until last night. I stir fried it in oil with salt and pepper, and then in the hot pan made balsamic butter that didn't turn out quite how I wanted. But the asparagus itself turned out great and I want to make it again soon.

David Brown

kiwifarms.net
The problem I'm trying to solve recently is developing healthy snacks that I can bring to work. I get really damn hungry (I'm a construction worker) and eating two peanut butter sandwiches plus lunch isn't always enough. I prefer to avoid things like pretzels or other stuff that's just shitty carbs with no real nutritional value. I'd also like to keep it at a low cost. I've tried pistachios, peanuts, etc. I just get tired of them. Maybe that's just a "me" problem.

Wish I could contribute some good recipes. I'm pretty ignorant. I guess all I could say is cook something yourself from raw ingredients rather than buying a completed food item and reheat it, but I'm sure anybody reading this thread already understands that...

longjohn

kiwifarms.net
The problem I'm trying to solve recently is developing healthy snacks that I can bring to work. I get really damn hungry (I'm a construction worker) and eating two peanut butter sandwiches plus lunch isn't always enough. I prefer to avoid things like pretzels or other stuff that's just shitty carbs with no real nutritional value. I'd also like to keep it at a low cost. I've tried pistachios, peanuts, etc. I just get tired of them. Maybe that's just a "me" problem.

Wish I could contribute some good recipes. I'm pretty ignorant. I guess all I could say is cook something yourself from raw ingredients rather than buying a completed food item and reheat it, but I'm sure anybody reading this thread already understands that...
Just take the bread off the sandwich! Keep veg and lower sugar fruit and use it as a vessel to eat your PB. I'd also recommend powdered PB or organic if you can afford it.

A way to stay fuller is to eat more protein, so you could also look into protein shakes and keep them on hand while you work. You can soup them up endlessly and they're filling.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Have you tried making a trailmix? Raisins, dried fruits, granola, dozens of types of nuts, couple of M&M's to live alittle, seeds , dried meat, etc. Lots of textures, basically keeps forever, pretty healthy if you make it right..

David Brown

kiwifarms.net
Just take the bread off the sandwich! Keep veg and lower sugar fruit and use it as a vessel to eat your PB. I'd also recommend powdered PB or organic if you can afford it.
I haven't thought about using like broccoli or something to eat with peanut butter. I might try that. Or some apples if I can find any decent ones. I do eat yogurt at work but I'm interested in finding really calorically dense foods. I don't need to lose weight at all, I'm 5'10" and about 157 pounds. I get really god damn hungry throughout the day. I don't count calories but some days I eat almost anything I can get my hands on.

Have you tried making a trailmix? Raisins, dried fruits, granola, dozens of types of nuts, couple of M&M's to live alittle, seeds , dried meat, etc. Lots of textures, basically keeps forever, pretty healthy if you make it right..
I haven't had trail mix in a while, that sounds pretty good. I think I'll get some or put some together. Nice idea, thanks.