Heirs of the body of Angelina Silva Englisbee vs. Patrick Crusius, Jim Watkins (8chan), Matthew Prince (Cloudflare), Fredrick Brennan, Anons on /pol/ -

Jump

kiwifarms.net
That's all very true except I'm sure he gets SSI and iirc you have to be present in the USA to keep getting the government checks. Think about it, the government isn't going to give out free money to every exceptional individual in the world (not yet anyway), you have to be a citizen and prove you meet the conditions for getting it. He's stupid to think he can do this without an attorney because if he plays fast and loose with the Social Security program and they find out they tend to stop sending checks and make you prove you're entitled to actually get the free money. Sometimes they even make you pay it back if they find you lied about meeting all the requirements.

Social Security Disability is different and in most cases you can live abroad and still get benefits but SSD is based on your earnings and I doubt Frederick's ever had enough earnings in his lifetime to accumulate a decent SSD award.
Yea the case will go nowhere I am sure. But I saw the SSI claim raised before also.
I wonder is he telling the SS department he lives in Atlantic City, NJ or The Philippines?

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

I'm sorry, it's hard coming up with words to respond to that. So, either they taught him it was okay to break the law, or they failed to teach him that he shouldn't break the law. I mean, I suppose that would be negligence in the vaguest possible use of the term, but I highly doubt that counts as legally negligent.
By this reasoning, you could sue the parents of literally anyone who ever does anything you could sue them for, on the grounds they were bad parents because they raised some asshole who later did something to you.

fat ugly sped

kiwifarms.net

I'm sorry, it's hard coming up with words to respond to that. So, either they taught him it was okay to break the law, or they failed to teach him that he shouldn't break the law. I mean, I suppose that would be negligence in the vaguest possible use of the term, but I highly doubt that counts as legally negligent.
Don't forget other unspecified negligence that somehow caused the adult child of some people to go on a shooting spree. Yeah, shit's dumb as fuck.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Double posting but fuck it. Filing has dropped.

Edit: Oh this is going to be fun.
View attachment 991343

View attachment 991344

:story::story::story:
So they are actually trying to sue people for the sin of not believing shit someone said anonymously on the internet? That’s some truly impressive levels of autism there. I love how they are going after the shooters parents to. For what exactly? For not beating him enough as a child? Or perhaps too much? The dipshit shooter was 21. Unless the parents bought the gun for him knowing his intent to use it, it ain’t happening.

this is a lolsuit seeking publicity for somebodies political or ideological narrative. It has no basis in anywhere in western law, let alone the laws of the US or Texas.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
This 'lawsuit' makes the Maddox Lolsuit seem reasonable in comparison... But let's say the plaintiff wins..
The ramifications to our society would be astoundingly bad.... anyway...

I believe the 'compensatory award' takes the age and expected lifespan of victim into account.
Bitch was 83. Already well above expected lifespan.
How much do they think they are gonna get?
I spoke to the Reaper, he said "Her card was punched, next week-massive stroke"

Slimy Time

New Server: New Avatar
kiwifarms.net
For what exactly? For not beating him enough as a child? Or perhaps too much? The dipshit shooter was 21. Unless the parents bought the gun for him knowing his intent to use it, it ain’t happening.

this is a lolsuit seeking publicity for somebodies political or ideological narrative. It has no basis in anywhere in western law, let alone the laws of the US or Texas.
The former. This is a lolsuit for purely political means, probably to try to end 8chan once and for all. Either that or it's done by inbred low seeded trash who truly believe they have a claim like the Mountain Trump's Chosen People.
This 'lawsuit' makes the Maddox Lolsuit seem reasonable in comparison... But let's say the plaintiff wins..

I believe the 'compensatory award' takes the age and expected lifespan of victim into account.
They said in the OP article that they expected her to live to 100 years old. This is delusion beyond Maddox's nonsense. They have either a very morally bankrupt attorney who thinks he can rip money off of them and give Avenatti styled speeches from the potential media attention, or he's the biggest dumbass lawyer I have seen. Beyond Landau or Lawtwitter.

A Humble Ewok

...and a future for Ewok children.
kiwifarms.net

They are probably hoping the very public and emotional nature of the case will taint it the ruling in their favor. That is not how courts are suppose to work, but the weak point of any system is almost always the parts dependent on humans. Any wonder why the court system is so unfair?

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's all very true except I'm sure he gets SSI and iirc you have to be present in the USA to keep getting the government checks. Think about it, the government isn't going to give out free money to every exceptional individual in the world (not yet anyway), you have to be a citizen and prove you meet the conditions for getting it. He's stupid to think he can do this without an attorney because if he plays fast and loose with the Social Security program and they find out they tend to stop sending checks and make you prove you're entitled to actually get the free money. Sometimes they even make you pay it back if they find you lied about meeting all the requirements.

Social Security Disability is different and in most cases you can live abroad and still get benefits but SSD is based on your earnings and I doubt Frederick's ever had enough earnings in his lifetime to accumulate a decent SSD award.
we don’t know exactly what he gets? He’s been clearly permanently disabled since birth. I think that would have transitioned him to SSDI at 18 based on his parents work history. There are some parts of the Pacific that are also expressly loopholed in the SSI residency rules, such as the Marianas Islands,for some reason. I think HotWheels specifically lives where he does because it falls within the specific loopholes and legal guidelines. Otherwise why go there and not someplace like Costa Rica?

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
They are probably hoping the very public and emotional nature of the case will taint it the ruling in their favor. That is not how courts are suppose to work, but the weak point of any system is almost always the parts dependent on humans. Any wonder why the court system is so unfair?
It's almost like they are trolling 8Chan by using the legal system...
also
I've been witnessed to several industrial lol-suits. The victim always wants the system to award more, due to feels. The funny thing, that ain't how it works.
A co-worker of mine had both hands sliced off by industrial equipment. His award was identical to what Workman's Comp would have given, except 33% (plus expenses) were subtracted by his lawyer. Same thing happened to 2 electricians that got a year in the hospital.

The court doesn't give away gorrillions of dollahs based on feels. The legal system would be absolute chaos if it did.
Remaining lifespan, potential income, and a little for grief consulting. That's about it. Bitch wasn't working, and on Death's Door: Potential Award: Grief Council 2x week for 2-5 years. That's about it... Anything above that would be instant appeal.

Stranger Neighbors

Mondo Bizarro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's what they're suing the shooters parents and grandparents for:

View attachment 991370
LMFAOOOOOO! nigga YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!

this in no way is going to absolve or send any messages to racists, fucking anywhere!

If anything racists now hate them for their ethnicity and for being shitty people.

They are claiming that his family was not only negligent but fucking complicit
I assume they have some kind of evidence somewhere about the family being a bootcamp for home grown terrorists, otherwise this would be beyond the most tarded thing I've ever seen legally.

negligence I can understand to some degree but using the words teaching and training, that's beyond the pale, this is shaping up to be level patient zero re.tarded, a tardness mutant strain we have yet to see...

"Have we started the fire?"

"Yeeess the Tardness rises"

41dgCGu3CgL.jpg

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On top of that, hiding and banning that sort of content just tends to reinforce the beliefs of the people who produce it. To them, it's just more proof that the Powers That Be don't want people finding out "the truth".
The argument can certainly be made that the actions taken by people like Crusius can be explained by the calculated efforts of the power elite to suppress dissent against their plans. An overwhelming majority of the American public, despite constant system propaganda, considers illegal immigration a serious problem and wants to halt and even reverse it, and this has been the case for decades, but the American uniparty refuses to do anything to either build a wall or harshly punish employers of illegals, for various different reasons that are at odds with the interests of the American working class.

Now, these people seek to ensure that such views are not only suppressed within system media, or around the water cooler at pink-collar employers, but on stupid online imageboards. That should definitely reduce the number of people who see no option left but to violently lash out in the hopes of inspiring a mass uprising.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I got it wrong and deleted it to correct the record - It's the lawyer for Crusius

So far the lawyers are
Plaintiff - James Scherr
Defendant Crusius - Chris Ayres
Defendant Cuckwheels - Pro Se (broke as fuck)

Edit: Filing has dropped. Oh this is going to be fun.
View attachment 991343

View attachment 991344

I am about to read literal word vomit. Aren't I. Thankfully I have a bottle of bonded bourbon next to me. Lets do this.

*edit* "John does 1 through Unknown." Christ I am going to get hammered. I haven't even gotten past the parties header.

A Humble Ewok

...and a future for Ewok children.
kiwifarms.net
It's almost like they are trolling 8Chan by using the legal system...
also
I've been witnessed to several industrial lol-suits. The victim always wants the system to award more, due to feels. The funny thing, that ain't how it works.
A co-worker of mine had both hands sliced off by industrial equipment. His award was identical to what Workman's Comp would have given, except 33% (plus expenses) were subtracted by his lawyer. Same thing happened to 2 electricians that got a year in the hospital.

The court doesn't give away gorrillions of dollahs based on feels. The legal system would be absolute chaos if it did.
Remaining lifespan, potential income, and a little for grief consulting. That's about it. Bitch wasn't working, and on Death's Door: Potential Award: Grief Council 2x week for 2-5 years. That's about it... Anything above that would be instant appeal.
You are correct. But the difference is this is emotionally and politically charged case, as in the judge may wakeup to sign holding maniacs in his front yard at 4AM if they don't like the way the case is going, and with people in higher positions putting pressue on whoever procides over this case.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the facts, starting from Part IV after the introductions

Plaintiffs are claiming that Cloudflare and 8chan THEMSELVES claimed all sorts of racist, hyperbolic things about Hispanics. This is clearly based on the fact that people using 8chan say these things (which they do, lets be fair). But they do so using an open source platform known as 8chan which is accessible to anyone. 8chan ITSELF (as in the company/website) never said any of these things. They merely refused to moderate other people from saying them. But they also didn't moderate the counter and instead simply let people use the bulletein board as they saw fit. This is textbook telecommunications service providing, which apart from implicating the first amendment is specifically protected from liability by Section 230 of the communications decency act.

All cloudflare does is prevent 8chan from being hit by DDOS. They never even hosted the shit alleged in the "facts", nor provided any service for transmitting it. So even bringing up Section 230 is pointless as the plaintiffs claims about Cloudflare are flat wrong. Wrong at a fundamental level. It also claims that somehow everyone named coordinated with each other in a civil conspiracy. But thats impossible as Cloudflare simply provides a service architecture 8chan uses independently which in turn creates another service architecture the end users use independently. Just because Person A shoots Person B at a public park, does not mean Person A was in a civil conspiracy with the city government for providing a park. This entire argument is dumb.

Strike paragraphs 1 and 2.

Paragraph 3 then goes on to say that Crusius Took the "Message of Hate" as orders, issued by 8chan (and cloudflare lol) and acted on it. Plaintiff then claims that "by lawful means, defendants sought unlawful ends". But the glaring issue is they don't say what specific orders 8chan and Cloudflare issued to Crusius. And keep in mind for there to be a civil conspiracy 8chan and Cloudflare need to be working together here to get Crusius to murder Mexicans. Paragraph 4 then clarifies that 8chan allowed for the creation of electronic material that influenced Crusius. Sure, I suppose, but 8chan and Cloudflare did not create that material. Hell paragraph 4 all but admits al 8chan did was maintain it and allow for it to be viewed. There is also no specific presentation of the actual things Crusius was acting upon when he went to that shopping center.

Strike Paragraph 3 and 4.

Paragraph 5 is shrill shrieking about, and I kid you not, people on 8chan helping to raise money for the "build the wall" movement/charity scam, and for being big meanies to the great city of El Paso.

Strike paragraph 5 for being irrelevant.

Paragraph 6 claims Crusius was a Disciple of 8chan and Cloudflare. lol wat? Okay. Then goes on to explain how he purchased weapons and armor. Okay? Where can the plaintiff show where 8chan and Cloudflare facilitated Crusius in the purchase of his arsenal? Is that even possible? I mean, keep in mind Cloudflare is primarily just security architecture. They don't even host the philosophies the plaintiffs are claiming Crusius was a disciple of. And the information he was following, if he was following it, was posted by users of 8chan, not 8chan itself.

Strike paragraph 6. Needlessly prejudicial, section 230, unfounded.

Paragraph 7 is a poetic retelling of the spree shooting. Automatic strike, prejudicial. At no point did 8chan or Cloudflare assist Crusius in the actual event. The plaintiffs allege Crusius was was motivated by them, not actually doing the killing, or carrying out the killing on their specific orders (as in a paid assassination). The massacre itself has nothing to do with the causes of action alleged.

Paragraph 8 describes the victim. Okay.

Then lol, we get to the actual meat with the change to Part V.

Alternatively, and without waiving other contentions, Defendant Crusius is liable for intentionally causing bodily injuries and death
Well no fucking shit. This at least is true and may sustain this shit show going foreword as a wrongful death suit aimed at Crusius himself. And MAYBE his family.

Part VI claims both cloudflare, and 8chan should have known what Crusius was up to and that they knowingly provided the means for him to be radicalized and plan his activities without any intervention on their part. This is an argument towards the principle of depraved indifference. They want to argue that 8chan was so negligent in their moderation that they should have known this was the inevitable outcome. They also again claim Crusius was a disciple of 8chan. This a nod towards legal standards set by the Manson Family killings by the by. Plaintiffs are claiming Crusius was not a lone actor but a brainwashed cultist controlled by the mastermind of the cult, 8chan and its owners. And also Cloudflare...which is stupid.

Part VII is reiteration of the civil conspiracy between 8chan and Cloudflare. Its just as stupid here as it is elsewhere.

Part VIII is an attack of the Crusius family as a whole, claiming that because they taught their son about guns they are liable for how he used them, and that their family is a "joint venture" for legal purposes. I think its a stupendous stretch to try and claim the Crusius family is on par with the fucking GAMBINOS but...okay...I suppose they can try and make this argument. Who knows, they may get Judge Chupps second cousin.

Part IX Claims the parents were recklessly negligent in their parenting. This will be struck immediately. Crusius was 21 years old and above the age of majority. His parents had no duty of care or guardianship over his actions.

Part X claims everybody was negligent. Okay.

Part XI claims the corporate veil needs to be breached for Cloudflare and 8chan because all the actions of people owning the company were done of their own personal will and the company was simply a tool to further their personal crimes. lol no. Even if by some miracle Cloudflare and 8chan get implicated via depraved indifference (the only in I can see) there is absolutely no fucking way the corporate shield goes down because to even GET to depraved indifference you need to implicate the corporate institution itself. Not just its owners but the employees...i.e, The Mods and Jannies. The Plaintiffs want their cake and they want to eat it too. No.

Rest is a bunch of claims for damages. etc.

That fucking signature.
1572489812488.png

tl;dr

the only slam dunk is wrongful death against Crusius himself.

They are stretching by arguing depraved indifference for the Crusius Family and 8chan.

Everything else is total bullshit. Including every mention of Cloudflare.

Time to drink some more.

lolwatagain

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I got it wrong and deleted it to correct the record - It's the lawyer for Crusius

So far the lawyers are
Plaintiff - James Scherr
Defendant Crusius - Chris Ayres
Defendant Cuckwheels - Pro Se (broke as fuck)

Edit: Filing has dropped. Oh this is going to be fun.
View attachment 991343

View attachment 991344

Wow. If this bullshit isn't sanctions worthy, nothing is.

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Stella Liebeck is rolling in her grave.

What happened was absolutely awful and shouldn't have happened. But......I'm not sure suing the families is best? Sue whoever's gave him the weapons.

Piga Dgrifm

Nyey Lois
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I understand that they are in a great deal of pain right now and want to find someone to blame for their loss, but the only person who's guilty is the shooter himself, and maybe whoever gave him weapons.

This is like when someone tried to sue a game company because they thought GTA had somehow taught a shooter to kill. Some dumb website didn't make a loon kill people, the loon killed people because he was a loon long before he found the internet.

Tags
None