How are you doing? - Kiwi Farms Wellness Check

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
Auto accident on the way back from visiting family. I’m okay and no one was hurt, but feeling shaken up. Minnesota fucking sucks right now, roads are iced to hell.
Things are better now. I'm lucky in that the accident occurred right next to an extremely friendly small town. The cop who picked me up and drove me to a hotel for the night said that the locals have been trying to get Google Maps to stop recommending people drive through that town, because the roads aren't well-maintained. The tow truck driver mentioned that all his employer's vehicles were busy that night too.

I'm home now, safe and sound.

I wish I had friends to chat, shitpost with and sometimes play online games.

Sorry about the rant, but I just didn't have any other outlets.
Shit's fucked and I'm depressed because of that. Thanks clown world.

So.. How do you fellow people and Finns cope with this shit?
Any advice would be nice.
Sounds like you're reading too much negative news, not enough positive. Disengage from A&H and unpleasant news sources for awhile.

Also, if you need friends to play online games with, put yourself out there when playing. Say hi to people, be friendly. Shit, even shoot me a PM and let me know what games you play.

Sofonda Cox

Tired.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's do something. We have a group of lonely and at least somewhat like-minded people. Let's support each other, and try to get into a holiday spirit.

Jump on this shit because this is a brief lift from depression for me and I'll wind up considering this idea overwhelming before too long.

Let's play some games, chat, do online holiday exchanges. You know, stuff.

What say you? Let's starve the misery machine this December. Anybody like words with friends or anything equally gay? Ideas!

I'm drunk on the floor of a box trailer I'm currently living in. After years of living like a psychotic grifter, I finally got a "real job" that requires "skill". It turns out, when you spend years scraping by on no money and bailing your family members out of jail, you get a set of skills that is in high demand.

I replaced the head gasket on an engine powering a $600,000 machine, and shocked my coworkers by miraculously enabling us to continue shoveling money in from the government. I've been working less than a pay period here. I've earned more in a week than I have a month of labor previously. And most of those hours I'm getting paid for is still digging ditches or driving, things I've always done my entire life. Just now people with money are looking at me. It's weird and I'm having a hard time coping with the basics of being a "professional".

Where and when do I spit and smoke? Is pissing in the bushes allowed in a major city? Is asking the boss to live in the closet of the shop basement a step too far?

I can laugh and joke with my co-workers who have had rough times in life, but it's not exactly the same. Mom is back dealing soft drugs and I'm giving her advice on selling online, while also loading 10,000 pounds of "Resource for Specific Job Here" onto a lowboy trailer, while also worried about my smell be because I haven't showered in three days, because I'm functionally homeless.

It's all so tiring. But hey, at least I'll very soon have enough money to be on my crazy bullshit again. Might buy that jet turbine powered motorcycle.

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
Let's do something. We have a group of lonely and at least somewhat like-minded people. Let's support each other, and try to get into a holiday spirit.

Jump on this shit because this is a brief lift from depression for me and I'll wind up considering this idea overwhelming before too long.

Let's play some games, chat, do online holiday exchanges. You know, stuff.

What say you? Let's starve the misery machine this December. Anybody like words with friends or anything equally gay? Ideas!
I’ve been thinking of doing a succession-style let’s play of Prison Architect, in which all the guards are renamed to kiwis and all the prisoners are renamed to lolcows. It’ll be a bit of work to set up, though.

Sofonda Cox

Tired.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been thinking of doing a succession-style let’s play of Prison Architect, in which all the guards are renamed to kiwis and all the prisoners are renamed to lolcows. It’ll be a bit of work to set up, though.
This could very well turn into something awful! On what platform would you be interested in creating this piece of contemporary internet art?

Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
This could very well turn into something awful! On what platform would you be interested in creating this piece of contemporary internet art?
PC, for the reasons that I don't have a console, it's easiest to take and upload screenshots from PC, and I own it on PC and there's a DLC that allows the lolcowsinmates to turn criminally insane and need to be thrown in padded rooms.

RatedTardSuperstar

I hate myself and I want to die.
kiwifarms.net
I feel like I am at my absolute breaking point.
Around September I got this absolutely horrible anxiety regarding immigration and migrants in my country.
Other things that brings me heavy grief is normalization of trans stuff and restriction of freedom of speech.

Since then for the life of me I haven't been able to not to think about these things, often
ruining my sleep and messing my days. Even having fun during birthday didn't remove the nagging feeling.

Increasing meds intake didn't help either.

Tried some anxiety relieve videos on Youtube, but the thoughts kept coming through and obliviously these
aren't a replacement for professional help.
Then tried avoiding subjects and sites regarding these things, but of course you can't escape reality.
Mother's friend works at day care, explains how half of the children currently there are foreigners and there's one
absolute dumbfuck of a muslim boy who doesn't know how to do the most simple tasks ever, like being in line,
either not following the line or just continuosly walking past it and being a shit head in general.
I'm just sitting there in silence, having a fear filled storm brewing in my head, while others talk.

Am I just overthinkin and worrying, making things way bigger than what they are in reality?
Things around Finland are still relatively peaceful, but I shouldn't be surprised either if one day I can't walk
the streets safely or places start to blow up like in Sweden. At least we don't have no-go-zones.. yet.
Even when people voted for anti-immigration political group, things just don't seem to advance there even
tought they try to bring it up often in the parlament. Then there's others who don't give an absolute fuck about
peoples safety and are for immigration and restriction of freedom of speech.

It certainly doesn't help my sanity for not having any friends and living alone.

I wish I had friends to chat, shitpost with and sometimes play online games.

Sorry about the rant, but I just didn't have any other outlets.
Shit's fucked and I'm depressed because of that. Thanks clown world.

So.. How do you fellow people and Finns cope with this shit?
Any advice would be nice.
Do a backflip.

Honestly?

Quit overthinking, you're just one person and aren't regarded by your political figures. Laugh at the stupid shit, find an outlet for the big brain shit. None of this matters. You don't matter outside of the people you interact with. Harvest those relationships while you can, even if its here.

BigTimeSamurai

I AM A DIGITAL CYBER DEMON!!!
kiwifarms.net
This is the designated thread for bitching about our shitty lives right? Well I am going to vent here so feel free to ignore.

So last month my fixed term contract came to an end which was obviously to be expected but I am still pretty pissed off about it because we had all been told that we had been taken on with the prospect pf being taken on full time if we did well in the role. Now I am not going to act like I was the greatest guy working there because I know that wasn't true but I do know that I was performing better than I was expected too. I was literally shown by my team leader that my stats were better than most people in my team who had worked the role for years, there were two people who did better than me on my team so I was doing decently. The people who actually dropped the axe on our heads were all from HQ and had no clue what was going on in the office, so when my team leader had to break the news she was pretty dumbfounded and in fact she was as upset by it as I was by it not because we got on well or anything like that but because she knew that her team had no chance of coping with the increased workload. I actually got a text like a week later basically confirming all this as they had to disband the entire fucking team now because they couldn't meet their quota, my team leader had to go back on the phones and the entire place is falling apart at the seams. I mean it's one thing if I was out of the job because I had fucked up or if the company was downsizing or something like that, but no I wasn't offered the full time position because some dumb fuck a few hundred miles away completely misunderstood what was happening in our office, and I doubt he will ever be held accountable for that either.

I am not a complete exceptional individual so I had been applying for roles elsewhere for months, had a handful of interviews but nothing is going my way and now things are getting real fucking dicey as I am quickly eating through my savings and realistically I have another 2-3 months max before I am back on the streets again. Granted that it took me about 6 months of spamming applications everywhere to get my last job and apparently I am not even good enough to get to the interview stage of McDonalds or KFC, which really drives home just how worthless a maggot I really am.

At this point I am seriously considering throwing my lot in with the Military. I've got little love for my nation or for Israel for that matter but I really can't bear to go back to working a corporate job or customer service again, it's just too soul crushing, and the way that I'm seeing it is that in the best case scenario I could potentially get some guaranteed work, free food and board, some actual training which may actually give me prospects in the long term, I may also be able to make an actual group of friends for the first time in years (in my experience people from the army seem to be stand up people) and also realistically speaking this will probably be my only possibility of travelling within the next 5 years. In the worst case scenario it would just result in an expedited day of the rope. I am in decent shape already so why the fuck not at this point? It sure as shit beats becoming homeless again.

Pina Colada

Raising Hell's Jingle Bells
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exhausted, but on top of the world- I did well on all my final presentations! The toughest one was a mock campaign for a local financial aid organization acting as our client, but out of all the groups that presented, she picked my group of 4 as the best one!

All I have to do now is plow through work up until next Wednesday, and it's off to my mom's for winter break! Even better, I'm one class away from graduating next semester! 8)

AcornsAreForever

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!
kiwifarms.net
I'm tired as all hell and have been all damned day. It's one of those days where I just want to climb into my bed and sleep but I still have stuff to finish. Calgon take me away!

• Agree
At this point I am seriously considering throwing my lot in with the Military. ... I could potentially get some guaranteed work, free food and board, some actual training which may actually give me prospects in the long term, I may also be able to make an actual group of friends for the first time in years (in my experience people from the army seem to be stand up people) and also realistically speaking this will probably be my only possibility of travelling within the next 5 years. Blah blah whatever.
Don't be a fag, go into wildfire.

• DRINK!

Parson Weebs

Plus Ultra (further beyond)
kiwifarms.net
Trying to get more stuff done as I always seem to slow down at this time of year (December). You know the phrase 'change of scenery'? On a small scale, that can be useful for me, new pips of things to think about and work on, instead of the same old, rather reheated/overheated 'modes'. I'd like to travel the world, working on airplanes and teaching languages.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino