How many gamers are actually female? - No, mobile games do not make you a gamer (unless your using an emulator such as Drastic).

MaddieNolan

Carcinogenesis' obsession
kiwifarms.net
I had stumbled on a video where they were discussing if 50% of the gaming community was female. Someone made a good point in saying that the surveys that the statistics come from ask the question "Do you play games?" instead of "Do you consider yourself a gamer?". So now I'm curious as to how many girls consider themselves gamers and if you are a guy, how many gamer girls do you know?
(

Last edited:

Laughs_Under_Lucricities

Remember that, kids.
kiwifarms.net
This is a bad place to ask because all the girls on Kiwi Farms are trannies, furries, and/or autistic.
Or Johnny Bravo in a dress. Tranny?

But to answer the question, as I like this topic: As a guy it seems almost every girl I end up talking to (at least online) is some sort of gamer.

The concept that girls don't play video games is getting pretty antiquated these days.

Last edited:

Erida

kiwifarms.net
I know this has been discussed to death on the internet but fuck it, I'm going in!

If you exclude Candy Crush stuff then I'd say there's less than 50% by quite a chunk but there's also many variables. Generation being one. Lots of girls I knew played games in the late 80s/early 90s. Stuff like Pac-Man, Tetris, Paperboy, New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands, Double Dragon, Bubble Bobble and so on. Then all of them reached their teens and, for whatever reason, left games behind.

I can tell from the reactions of male gamer friends and their mates that it's rarer to find older gamer ladies. I think it's a lot more common nowadays for girls to continue gaming. It's now a huge business and lost a lot of the 'eww it's uncool and nerdy' reputation. Geeky stuff in general has become massive - Marvel/DC movies, board games surge in popularity. You can now trip over gamer/geek girls all over the internet. It's nothing special or unusual.

Then there's the differences in genre and taste. Only myself and one other female friend enjoy online shooters and multiplayer in general. The others prefer to game alone with retro titles or fantasy RPGs.

Purely anecdotal and I can't be bothered to accurately count but out of roughly 60ish people on my gaming friends list, only about 5 are female. If I were a decade or two younger though then I wonder if there'd be more. Not that it's something I dwell on. I don't care what gender I'm gaming with as long as we're having a laugh.

That's my sperging for the day done.

MaddieNolan

Carcinogenesis' obsession
kiwifarms.net
I know this has been discussed to death on the internet but fuck it, I'm going in!

If you exclude Candy Crush stuff then I'd say there's less than 50% by quite a chunk but there's also many variables. Generation being one. Lots of girls I knew played games in the late 80s/early 90s. Stuff like Pac-Man, Tetris, Paperboy, New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands, Double Dragon, Bubble Bobble and so on. Then all of them reached their teens and, for whatever reason, left games behind.

I can tell from the reactions of male gamer friends and their mates that it's rarer to find older gamer ladies. I think it's a lot more common nowadays for girls to continue gaming. It's now a huge business and lost a lot of the 'eww it's uncool and nerdy' reputation. Geeky stuff in general has become massive - Marvel/DC movies, board games surge in popularity. You can now trip over gamer/geek girls all over the internet. It's nothing special or unusual.

Then there's the differences in genre and taste. Only myself and one other female friend enjoy online shooters and multiplayer in general. The others prefer to game alone with retro titles or fantasy RPGs.

Purely anecdotal and I can't be bothered to accurately count but out of roughly 60ish people on my gaming friends list, only about 5 are female. If I were a decade or two younger though then I wonder if there'd be more. Not that it's something I dwell on. I don't care what gender I'm gaming with as long as we're having a laugh.

That's my sperging for the day done.

Despite my mother loving Pac-Man and Paperboy, I never thought about generation as factor either. I grew up glued to a PlayStation 2, and never really thought about makeup and/or hair products. Then, as I went through high school I noticed that I was the only female in the school who would be considered a gamer.

The more I post/play online the less I ran into other girls (my sister won't even play GTA Online with me) so I was curious as to other people's experiences.

Erida

kiwifarms.net
Despite my mother loving Pac-Man and Paperboy, I never thought about generation as factor either. I grew up glued to a PlayStation 2, and never really thought about makeup and/or hair products. Then, as I went through high school I noticed that I was the only female in the school who would be considered a gamer.

The more I post/play online the less I ran into other girls (my sister won't even play GTA Online with me) so I was curious as to other people's experiences.

I think GTA very much falls under the male dominated games. I didn't use voice chat because it's full of squeaky 14 year old boys and mostly played missions/races etc with just friends anyway. Same goes for COD and Battlefield. Overwatch is different though. Judging purely by gamertags, there's usually at least one other girl on the teams. I think a lot of women also play in Elder Scrolls Online. There was a study recently that broke down what women prefer gaming-wise and fantasy came out really high.

I'd say maybe 5%, I've been doing my best to drive as many females out of gaming as possible so hopefully that number will be 0 soon. Trust me brothers, we can win.

REEEEEEEE! Oppressed by the patriarchy!

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So how do you rape and oppress them to scare them away? Others could use these valuable tips.
On Xbox Live anytime I hear a female over the headset I scream "FUCK YOU WHORE I'M GONNA FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE AND RAPE YOU TO DEATH YOU DUMB CUNT YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A COCK SOCKET!" over and over again until the female quits.

I also hang around gamestop for hours and if a female walks in I run up to her and shout "THE PRINCESS GAMES ARE OVER THERE WHORE" right in her face and if she tries to buy a game I like I'll slap it out of her hands and call her a dumb cunt. I'll die before I let a female play Halo.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On Xbox Live anytime I hear a female over the headset I scream "FUCK YOU WHORE I'M GONNA FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE AND RAPE YOU TO DEATH YOU DUMB CUNT YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A COCK SOCKET!" over and over again until the female quits.

I also hang around gamestop for hours and if a female walks in I run up to her and shout "THE PRINCESS GAMES ARE OVER THERE WHORE" right in her face and if she tries to buy a game I like I'll slap it out of her hands and call her a dumb cunt. I'll die before I let a female play Halo.

Carry on, soldier.

Laughs_Under_Lucricities

Remember that, kids.
kiwifarms.net

It honestly doesn't help that since the 80s, video game companies have been targeting the male demographics than the female. It's gradually diminished since then, but back then for like NES and the like, it was like 100% boys only clubs, at least according to the ones selling it.
And if a game for girls was released, it wasn't neutral so everyone could like it, but 'overly' girly, like Barbie or shit like that, which didn't help either.