• ”Null is a Dull Lull; LOL.”

Culture How The 'NPC' Meme Tries To Dehumanize 'SJWs'

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CrunkLord420, Oct 5, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. Lol, NPCs don't exist. Everyone in a video game is controlled by another player: artificial intelligence isn't real.

• Winner  x 7
    •  x 4
    • Informative  x 3
    • Like  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    Vrakks

Vrakks Please... I go by Gold Diamond now.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. Anyone who gets worked up over a dumb meme probably is an NPC who used INT and WIS as dump stats.

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
  3. I honestly don't even suspect that it's an intentional philosophical trick or logical fallacy, I think they're legitimately just that ignorant of history and so cloistered into their own outrage bubbles that they have no concepts of old ideas being recycled or rebranded to suit the latest rage-mob. That concept is so old that even the Bible has a passage devoted to how nothing is really new. When an idea's over 2,000 years old bare minimum and you still haven't gotten the message, it's a bit ridiculous.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - 1:11 King James Version

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
    10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? It hath been already of old time, which was before us.
    11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

• Winner  x 15
    • Like  x 5
    • Agree  x 3
    • Informative  x 3
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    •  x 1
    It's HK-47

It's HK-47 Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. SJWs may not be NPCs in a real sense, but the argument could be made that they are in fact brainwashed into acting like one.

What is an NPC but a computer generated simulation that follows a preset programming.

Same with how SJWs all completely and utterly are brainwashed into towing the party's cultural line.

They are both incapable of original thought and follow a pre-set collection of behavior patterns that someone set for them.

So yeah, they are not bio-robots, but they may as well be, since they have been culturally programmed to behave like one.

SJWs follow a preset programming. That's why their only weaponry is crying buzzwords and when it fails, they get "LITERALLY SHAKING" like a servitor in mindlock.

They aren't literally npcs, but they are as close as we can get to them with the current limits on technology!

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Male Idiot

Male Idiot Redneck Cephalopod.

kiwifarms.is
  5. The NPC thing is extremely insulting when applied to SJWs. The old man who walks in place and endlessly welcomes me to Cornelia serves a purpose. SJWs serve no purpose.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    frozenrunner

frozenrunner I could really use the salt

kiwifarms.is
  6. The only thing funny about this meme is how completely livid it makes SJWs.

They get unreasonably mad about it, yet have nothing to dispute it with.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Echo_Ender

Echo_Ender Doggo

kiwifarms.is
  7. It was wordfiltered at one point, if you were calling someone a sonyfag on /v/ it wordfiltered to "sonyfriend," and some people took to saying that unironically when the filter was removed. Newfriend is still occasionally seen as well.

More specifically, "reddit spacing" is 3-4 simple sentences/points still spaced out.

It's needless spacing for what should be one paragraph.

Twitter-length imageboard posts don't need elaborate formatting or spacing.

most vertebrates are sentient, the word you're thinking of is sapient, which is higher level thinking(and baked into the latin genus/species label homo sapiens)

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    #107 Haramburger, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    kiwifarms.is
  8. Walking the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock I have no mouth and I must meme
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. You gotta get that existential crisis out of your system. NPC or no you'd still feel the same, the distinction is philosophical.
    I have an internal dialogue, does that make me super duper sentient, or just schitzo?

This whole npc thing is funny to me, as from my perspective we are all biological machines, and so the question of who is the player character is largely ephemeral. Unless we suppose that information is coming from out of universe and directing so called "player characters", there should be no distinction, and of course there is no evidence that this information does exist, so it is safe to assume that we are all NPCs in so much as anyone is. That said, people might none the less be thought of as NPCs if they do not demonstrate the features that are associated with intelligence, such as analysis and synthesis, and no doubt some people do lack these features. I would assume that they are unfortunate enough to have been saddled with older hardware, or simply have not taken the time to develop their minds.

One could pull up the armchair to analyse why these kotaku writers are upset over an undead meme, but in all likelihood it is entirely due to tribe loyalty and a desire to berate their perceived enemies. There is certainly a lack of something spontaneous and thoughtful on the part of their ideologues, but that's not to say they're incapable of thought, just that they tend towards the established ideas of their ideology rather than coming up their own. The same could be said of any party zealot though.

Real talk though, sjws absolutely are oblivion characters.
    Big Pink.jpg
    Have you heard about the high elves?

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    ConcernedAnon

ConcernedAnon Concerned and hopefully anonymous

kiwifarms.is
  10. I'm working of the inference that if you lack an inner monologue, you lack basic self awareness or empathy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    uncleShitHeel

uncleShitHeel Akshully a rich sheep farmer

kiwifarms.is
  11. [​IMG]
    Personally I'm still reeling from the "inner monologue" study. It never would have occurred to me that there were people out there who didn't talk to themselves constantly inside of their own heads. Just the thought of that is completely unreal to me and I'm almost refusing to accept that this study's being truthful because I just don't want to believe that people like that exist, let alone so many of them.

• Winner Winner x 26
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    It's HK-47

It's HK-47 Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  12. Why not? Do you assume that things in your head given voice simply wouldn't happen at all if not experienced as a voice? They probably do all the same things you do, they just don't experience it as an inner monologue.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.is
  13. I don't even buy that idea. Admittedly having not read the study, I think there's two possibilities: one, the study is bullshit. Two, some rag completely misinterpreted what the study's conclusion claimed and it ballooned from there all over the clickbait sphere. I think the latter is more likely.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.is
  14. I had never heard of the "inner monologue" study before this, and as fascinating as this is, something about this is scary. There was a time back when I was young where I once questioned (to myself haha) if it was normal to have a conversation with yourself or even carry out a hypothetical scenario mentally, never once occurring to me there are other people who do that, too (closest I got was seeing it being used as jokes in cartoons, specifically The Simpsons). Average intelligence scares me over how widespread it is but that's because I'm consistently forgetting that average intelligence isn't stupid, just average--whatever that means. I guess non-average folks can't gauge how average is normal or something and that's why people easily blend in a crowd. But yet, if an average-intelligence person can think for themselves just fine, then how is it easy to rile up mob mentality? All it does is justify the famous Men in Black line: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." And yet somehow that quote carries truth.

Like... humans can't be this stupid, not when we're inventors (even though the inventors only make up like--pfffffft--I guess no more than 5% of the population just to be generous). Were humans always this stupid before the overabundance of technology? It's hard for someone on the spectrum to put themselves in other people's shoes, but does the average person do this without thinking, or does it have to be taught? How have people lived out their day-to-day lives without thought if this is common in folks who don't have some kind of brain anomaly? How has more people not gone insane from seemingly having nothing going on in their heads--or do only those who have inner speech go crazy?

I'm just now beginning to understand those who say we're all in a simulator, but dear God what is real life anymore?

But to circle it back to this thread's topic, at least it's easy to weed out the morons who are losing their shit over the NPC meme. Even though it's just making it harder to believe these individuals can even function anywhere.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Dying for Man's sins

kiwifarms.is
  15. Lack of an inner monologue doesn't mean stupid. It just means lack of an inner monologue. Everyone is taking way too much out of this. Is a synesthete smarter than you because they can see the color 7? Or do they just experience a different sensory landscape than you?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.is
  16. I mean it does come across as clickbait material, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was what happened.

Though why they're going on about some shitty 4Chan meme like it's anything more than a shitty meme that needs to die is something I don't think I'll ever understand.

Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.is
  17. They have to write something, and there's no disputing an immutable truth like sip yep now Quake that was a game.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  18. any time SJW, Far leftist, etc.. Jornos write articles about 4Chan
    memes like NPC and 4Chan are winning and Leftist are losing their minds

• Agree Agree x 2
    kidatari

kidatari Super Pimp

kiwifarms.is
  19. Well if you're upset about someone using internet memes as a serious critique/insult , my initial thought is why arnt you laughing at them for being such a fucking sperg?

And then the answer comes to me-because they're the sperg the other spergs bully.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.is
  20. SJWs would have to be humans in the first place if they were to ever be dehumanized

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    BubbleButt

BubbleButt The Physical Manifestation of the Sheeny Curse

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.