I have a gender studies assignment that I need to submit today. - It's bad.

Gender sterotypes are:

• Total voters

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
But what if people use gender expectations to harm people, the same way they would use stereotypes? I don’t think that’s possible. Gender expectations are something that can be used to help guide someone who identifies as a certain gender at what others think would help them live in society. They are the norm in society, and you don’t need to be the norm to identify in a society. After all, we live in a society, but we don’t need to all live the same way. Most people are massive fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but disliking it doesn’t mean you can’t live in a society. The same should be said for gender. Gender is simply another way we identify each other, so while there should still be an expectations, there shouldn’t be a limit. These expectations are there to help you identify with a gender, not force you out of it.

Doesnt mean you cant live in a society YET

and we live in clown world (not a society)

RLS0812

Just A Fox
kiwifarms.net
Well, you could tweak your teachers off and go into the physical and biological differences of males and females, or if you are lazy use the Guinness Book Of World Records to show there is a clear differences between the genders.

For extra autism from your school's staff, copy-paste in all the articles showing trans-gender athletes dominating female sports .

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Well, you could tweak your teachers off and go into the physical and biological differences of males and females, or if you are lazy use the Guinness Book Of World Records to show there is a clear differences between the genders.

For extra autism from your school's staff, copy-paste in all the articles showing trans-gender athletes dominating female sports .
And as MtF is its own gender you can ask if that is a Stereotype

F

FA 855

kiwifarms.net
I also have gender studies stuff sneaked into my course which has nothing to do with gender studies, but the professor has decided discussion of pronouns and intersectionality to be somehow relevant to the subject. All I can say is what I'm going to do is play the game, most people in the class are at least somewhat aware of this bullshit being forced into our subject, but we're all gonna act like we buy it to get a good grade, I recommend you do the same. You don't really gain much from telling them the truth, they're not interested in it. It doesn't matter if its bullshit or not, the entire premise of university is that you can have a job for studying some abstract shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike R

Benefits from White privilege
kiwifarms.net
Clearly, nobody should ever be misgendered, we should respect people's pronouns and be more sensitive to the feelings of other people. You can tell your teacher your read this on Kiwi Farms. 👍

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Clearly, nobody should ever be misgendered, we should respect people's pronouns and be more sensitive to the feelings of other people. You can tell your teacher your read this on Kiwi Farms. 👍
And Gender expression may be a form of Neuro-Atypicality (Autism)

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
All I know is, high school sports were the most masculine and immature time; we swore, made sexist jokes, racist jokes, hit each other, blasted meme music while running, constantly belittled each other. It was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life.
... and then the school passed new regulations about the cleaning staff having parties with the high school kids.

On topic - gender stereotypes aren't bad, but that won't get you any marks, so just focus on how everything that men do is automatically toxic, and women are amazing, so you can fuck your teacher, before slipping away into the night.

• DRINK!
Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

Imago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This article might be a jumping off point:

Key quote:
To talk about stereotypes, one has to first define what they are. Stereotypes are simply beliefs about a group of people. They can be positive (children are playful) or they can be negative (bankers are selfish), or they can be somewhere in between (librarians are quiet). When stereotypes are defined as beliefs about groups of people (true or untrue), they correlate with real world criteria with effect sizes ranging from .4 to .9, with the average coming in somewhere around .8. (This is close to the highest effect size that a social science researcher can find, an effect size of 1.0 would mean that stereotypes correspond 100% to real world criteria. Many social psychological theories rest on studies which have effect sizes of around .2.)

Jussim and his co-authors have found that stereotypes accurately predict demographic criteria, academic achievement, personality and behaviour.7 This picture becomes more complex, however, when considering nationality or political affiliation. One area of stereotyping which is consistently found to be inaccurate are the stereotypes concerning political affiliation; right-wingers and left wingers tend to caricature each others personalities, most often negatively so.7

Lest one thinks that these results paint a bleak picture of human nature, Jussim and his colleagues have also found that people tend to switch off some of their stereotypes – especially the descriptive ones – when they interact with individuals. It appears that descriptive stereotypes are a crutch to lean on when we have no other information about a person. When we gain additional insights into people, these stereotypes are no longer useful. And there is now a body of evidence to suggest that stereotypes are not as fixed, unchangeable and inflexible as they’ve historically been portrayed to be.8

That writing prompt reminds me of things I got from my Sunday school teacher back in the day. It doesn't matter what you write. The correct answer will be provided for you in the next sermon.

JambledUpWords

Destiny is bae, don’t tell Becky
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think you should talk about how the trans/non-binary/gender special movement has enforced gender roles than before (90s-2000s). For instance, if you’re a woman that likes to do car maintenance and watch football, you aren’t a tomboy, you are a trans man. I think this movement has actually made gender roles more rigid.

You could also bring up cultures that have three spirits and how those cultures have very strict gender roles too.

Again, it’s a controversial take, so don’t do it if you aren’t comfortable with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Recoil

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
This article might be a jumping off point:

Key quote:
To talk about stereotypes, one has to first define what they are. Stereotypes are simply beliefs about a group of people. They can be positive (children are playful) or they can be negative (bankers are selfish), or they can be somewhere in between (librarians are quiet). When stereotypes are defined as beliefs about groups of people (true or untrue), they correlate with real world criteria with effect sizes ranging from .4 to .9, with the average coming in somewhere around .8. (This is close to the highest effect size that a social science researcher can find, an effect size of 1.0 would mean that stereotypes correspond 100% to real world criteria. Many social psychological theories rest on studies which have effect sizes of around .2.)

Jussim and his co-authors have found that stereotypes accurately predict demographic criteria, academic achievement, personality and behaviour.7 This picture becomes more complex, however, when considering nationality or political affiliation. One area of stereotyping which is consistently found to be inaccurate are the stereotypes concerning political affiliation; right-wingers and left wingers tend to caricature each others personalities, most often negatively so.7

Lest one thinks that these results paint a bleak picture of human nature, Jussim and his colleagues have also found that people tend to switch off some of their stereotypes – especially the descriptive ones – when they interact with individuals. It appears that descriptive stereotypes are a crutch to lean on when we have no other information about a person. When we gain additional insights into people, these stereotypes are no longer useful. And there is now a body of evidence to suggest that stereotypes are not as fixed, unchangeable and inflexible as they’ve historically been portrayed to be.8

That writing prompt reminds me of things I got from my Sunday school teacher back in the day. It doesn't matter what you write. The correct answer will be provided for you in the next sermon.
@Foolish Samuari Warrior this would also go in good with my notes as well

Spastic Colon

My pronouns are fuck/you
kiwifarms.net
Stereotypes are nothing more than generalizations that have been formed based upon the typical behaviors displayed by the majority of a whole group. They do not represent every single member of the group, nor should they. They are simply a way that our brain -- which works at a subconscious level -- does what it does best: observe and categorize in order to help us make sense of the world and the best course of action when dealing with the world around us.

The only times they are bad is when they are treated as behavioral rules and used to enforce that member of a group behave according to the norms or when you exclusively use negative stereotypes to justify oppression or discrimination of an individual based upon their membership of a certain group. Otherwise, they are merely a set of observations that help us prepare and predict how a person will behave based upon the statistical likelihood that they will act just like the norm of their group does in a given situation.

As far as gender stereotypes, they have developed because civilization developed over time to divide the responsibilities between the sexes in the way that was most efficient and useful. These divisions of labor made more sense in a time where manual labor and hunting for one's own food was required. The modern world, however, with advances in technology which have greatly reduced the amount of manual labor needed for survival, no longer has a need for rigid and outdated gender constructs. So, it makes sense that we revise these constructs periodically to reflect the advances of civilization and to ensure that whatever understanding we have of gender roles reflects what is best for efficiency in the modern age.

Reactions: Imago

FuckedUp

Cartoon Graphics Hater
kiwifarms.net
ITT people who don't know true suffering. I grew up in an area full of liberal WASPs and high school was actually worse than the humanities courses I've taken in college. My 11th grade history teacher made us watch this in class and write a one-page response for homework. I would've killed for your "hyper SJW" assignments and professors.

Edit: As another example, my Spanish I teacher once put up a picture of Hillary Clinton on the projector for us to describe with adjectives like "intelligente" "pacifico".

Last edited:
  • Islamic Content
Reactions: Recoil

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Just butter up your professor by telling him or her what they want to hear and get through with it. Hide your powerlevel and don’t try to own the libs or whatever cause that won’t do you any favors.
The biggest issue with people that try to own the libs is that they fail to prove that they know the coursework or at the very least properly explain the ideas they're criticizing.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino