I haven’t played my Nintendo Switch in almost two years. -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
was planing on maybe buying one if SMT 5 ever came out. heard the control sticks easily breaks and games never goes on sale. is that true?
Their is control stick drift. I know someone who bought a early model Switch and had drifting, I got one around the end of 2017 and I've never had drift though I think I'm just lucky. You can get them fixed by contacting Nintendo to get them fixed as that is how my friend got them fixed.

The games basically never go on sale, especially the ones actually owned by Nintendo, this is just normal for Nintendo consoles unfortunately.

Jaimas

Fourth Echelon Shitposting Team Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
was planing on maybe buying one if SMT 5 ever came out. heard the control sticks easily breaks and games never goes on sale. is that true?
There are frequent promotional sales but they're way smaller than say, Steam's, and only rarely on first-party titles (which is the main draw of the Switch). You actually have to go looking for them and due to the way that the shop is laid out, it's usually cheaper to get first-party titles in physical format. That said there's some great titles that sometimes go on sale (I got Doorkickers for 10 bucks in October).

The Switch has one major issue and it's only present on older models (from 2018 and before): The sticks are extremely prone to developing drift on the Joycon controllers. The version of the Switch you can't dock and the later versions of the Switch (2019 onward) either don't have this issue or have it far less. Near as I can tell the main reason it happens is due to dust getting into the joycon or hardware wear. If it's the former you can fix it with some elbow grease and a compressed gas duster. If it's the latter you're kind of boned unless you get new Joycons or a Classic Controller (I did the latter).

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Yup, it's been coming up on two years since I've played it as well.

Thing is, Breath of The Wild and Super Mario Odyssey were worth the price of admission alone, but there are other games that I want to play either out now or coming soon and I'm simply waiting until there's enough I can play back to back to justify picking it back up again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

Dunsparce

Out of Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is why I have a 5-game rule for consoles. Before I buy a new console, there must be at least five games for it that I know I want to play the crap out of. As a result I never buy a console close to launch.

If you think it is a steep number, it is because I want to make sure I get the most out of it. And I mean titles that are actually released, not announcements that have a chance of sucking horribly or becoming vaporware(Just look at the people that bought an Xbox One only for Scalebound and how they got burned)

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Imagine expecting any less from a Nintendo console in the current age.
People keep saying wait for the first real direct of the year and then they'll be a flood of games to play.

I've been waiting since the gamecube.

We've done this dance so many times before and it always ends with garbage like Yoshi's Woolly World, Yarn Kirby, Amiibo bullshit, Labo, and other piles of garbage that are quickly forgotten. When Nintendo has nothing already slotted to be coming, it's really going to stay at nothing.

People hyped up that Platinum game and then it fell by the wayside because it wasn't that good. The thing I'm looking forward to this year is the Xenoblade Chronicles re-release and that seems to be it. I have zero interest in Animal Crossing. Also nobody bothered to dive into Divinity Original Sin 2 for the switch so now Bandai Namco really isn't going to be publishing any more RPGs on the system.

I swear Nintendo fans shoot themselves in the foot more than people who own Glocks.

The Shadow

Last one in's a freemason!
kiwifarms.net
People keep saying wait for the first real direct of the year and then they'll be a flood of games to play.

We've done this dance so many times before and it always ends with garbage like Yoshi's Woolly World, Yarn Kirby, Amiibo bullshit, Labo, and other piles of garbage that are quickly forgotten. When Nintendo has nothing already slotted to be coming, it's really going to stay at nothing.

People hyped up that Platinum game and then it fell by the wayside because it wasn't that good. The thing I'm looking forward to this year is the Xenoblade Chronicles re-release and that seems to be it. I have zero interest in Animal Crossing. Also nobody bothered to dive into Divinity Original Sin 2 for the switch so now Bandai Namco really isn't going to be publishing any more RPGs on the system.

I swear Nintendo fans shoot themselves in the foot more than people who own Glocks.
For real, Nintendo has been pulling the very same shit since the Wii. A small amount of good (but overrated by the fanboys) first party games to try and carry the whole system. 3rd party support has gotten marginally less flaccid in the past two console generations (keep in mind Nintendo has had two generations whereas MS and Sony have only had one in that time) but people that have avoided Nintendo since the Wii probably aren't coming back anytime soon.

Last edited:

Arachnophile

"Stupid, sexy, spidergirls."
kiwifarms.net
Animal Crossing: New Horizons comes out in March, and I just finished 3 of the 4 campaigns in Three Houses. Maybe give either of those a shot?

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
Typically my gaming purview is split between PC and whatever the latest Nintendo console is, since there's nothing exclusive to the Playstation or Xbox that tickles my fancy enough to buy one. Lately if a game comes out that the switch will run and doesn't have a real modding scene, I'll buy and play it on the switch rather than the PC. It has a surprisingly extensive indie library.

I also got the pro controller which I use for both platforms because it's just flat-out a really comfy, good controller. I wish more games had direct support for it.

Buttigieg2020

🦀🦀🦀 Mad Magazine is Gone! 🦀🦀🦀
kiwifarms.net
Animal crossing is a game about waifus and all the waifus in the game are shit.

You're better off with the upcoming Switch Rune Factory game.
1. Wrong, it’s a weird obsessive compulsive chore simulator.

2. Damn right, Rune Factory is good shit.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Typically my gaming purview is split between PC and whatever the latest Nintendo console is, since there's nothing exclusive to the Playstation or Xbox that tickles my fancy enough to buy one. Lately if a game comes out that the switch will run and doesn't have a real modding scene, I'll buy and play it on the switch rather than the PC. It has a surprisingly extensive indie library.

I also got the pro controller which I use for both platforms because it's just flat-out a really comfy, good controller. I wish more games had direct support for it.
Describes my gaming habits to a T. I hate playing platformers on PC (yes I know I can connect a controller but Windows makes it annoying as fuck to connect a Pro controller through Bluetooth) so the Switch has gotten me to play a lot of games I never would have even considered buying on Steam.

Arachnophile

"Stupid, sexy, spidergirls."
kiwifarms.net
Lmao I think they meant Fire Emblem Three Houses. Which hasn't historically been about waifus but in recent years is all that anyone talka about.

I'm excited to try Rune Factory for the first time.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This man speaks the truth and that enrages the Nintendo faggots.

H&K Hates You

And you suck
kiwifarms.net
Nintendo's publishings (Outside of their lowest common denominator mainline shit like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash) have been piss poor since the Wii. It's been the occasional 2nd party gem (Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain) surrounded by pure shit (Labo, Ringfit, Mario Wiiu) and a deluge of indie games that have been on Steam for years.
Doesn't help that the Switch is an underpowered, fragile piece of trash. All the Nintendo publishing """magic""" can't save dXm, a switch-exclusive Unreal Engine game from turning into a slideshow whenever anything's happening on screen.

Voltaire

Frankenstein Gangster Communist Computer God
kiwifarms.net
I got the new Pokémon and star Ocean R on it recently. Pokémon although not up to scratch with modern console graphics does have some vivid colours on a TV screen it's actually fun. I'm having actual real fun with it. Feels good.

Tags
None