Containment Idea Guy / Joshua Wise (Manipulating the intellecutally disabled for fun) Megathread -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
So to start with, I want to say explicitly what I believe most of you already know: Almost every Chris troll that comes through asks me for advice. The ones who don't ask me for advice, I find out a lot about them from other sources.

I generally know what's going on, either directly or indirectly.

While I have my own opinions on whether a given troll is being funny or lame, I don't feel it's my place to intervene against them (once they've outed themselves to me, at least). I don't own Chris. It would be hypocritical for me to shut people down because simply I think their ideas are lame.

That being said, trolling Chris in 2018 sucks. We all know that. You're only kicking a man when he's down.

But what can we do about it? Like I said, I don't own Chris, and KF also doesn't own Chris. The only way Chris will stop being trolled is if someone who knows him IRL polices his social interactions.

When we chimp out that someone trolled Chris in a way we don't like, it reveals our own impotence. Frankly, it's downright autistic.

Guys, chill the fuck out, you're embarrassing yourselves.

Now, that aside: we do need some sort of organized policy for the future.

Flipping out at this incident won't fix the deeper problem: Chris trolling is going to happen regardless of what we think. How are we to deal with that?

Null

Ooperator
There will be no such thing. This is a dead cow and I want everyone who sticks their fingers in the pie to be known to their family and friends as the disgusting fuckhead that made a mentally challenged dragqueen do the nazi salute for money like some sort of circus monkey dancing for peanuts.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
So to start with, I want to say explicitly what I believe most of you already know: Almost every Chris troll that comes through asks me for advice. The ones who don't ask me for advice, I find out a lot about them from other sources.

I generally know what's going on, either directly or indirectly.

While I have my own opinions on whether a given troll is being funny or lame, I don't feel it's my place to intervene against them (once they've outed themselves to me, at least). I don't own Chris. It would be hypocritical for me to shut people down because simply I think their ideas are lame.

That being said, trolling Chris in 2018 sucks. We all know that. You're only kicking a man when he's down.

But what can we do about it? Like I said, I don't own Chris, and KF also doesn't own Chris. The only way Chris will stop being trolled is if someone who knows him IRL polices his social interactions.

When we chimp out that someone trolled Chris in a way we don't like, it reveals our own impotence. Frankly, it's downright autistic.

Guys, chill the fuck out, you're embarrassing yourselves.

Flipping out at this incident won't fix the deeper problem: Chris trolling is going to happen regardless of what we think. How are we to deal with that?
If everyone wonders about Marvin they also wonder about me. People do come to me with their ideas too, but probably not to the same extent as they do to Marvin, I would guess just because I really have completely abandoned the Chris board entirely (and am really just making an assumption that Marvin still posts here because I wouldn't see if he did and haven't checked his post history).

Ballzy came to me back in December because he wanted to tell me what he'd been doing and asked my advice on a couple ideas. I told him he could tell me what he was doing because I was mildly curious on if anything interesting could be done with Chris (spoiler alert: Marvin is right, nothing more can). So he messaged me a few times as he would do things. I did suggest to him that he make Chris write about a wave of Trump-voting refugees moving to cwcville because I thought it would be funny to see Chris frustrated over having to think of them as people, but after that I lost interest. I stopped paying attention to whatever this nazi shit is that he's drawing now and if you told me any of it bore similarity to the idea I just told you then I would honestly be surprised because I just don't fucking care about Chris anymore.

Look, people, Chris is really fucking boring at this point. The well not only ran dry, it got dug to the core of the planet and tapped out all the magma and now that's dry too. At one point I noticed I would pop in once every few weeks to see what the news is; I would see that "what happens when Barb dies" and the 500th "Chris has no empathy" thread had each grown by a few hundred pages, and then I would shrug my shoulders and go find more interesting conversations in the other cow threads or in the news board or deep thoughts. People can do whatever they want, I'm not saying don't try if you think you're the next ABL. I will absolutely say don't do it here or under the Farms' aegis, because the rules for not trolling should apply across the board. All jokes aside, our "look but don't touch" policy does give us an air of respectability. We're dancing monkeys clapping at the retards who eat their own shit, but the fact we can unequivocally say that we had no hand in causing them to do so and prove such to our smuggest of critics is worth something in the long run. So don't do it here. Keep that shit in your own house.

The other thing to say is that Chris does hold a special position - he is the cow by which this entire board is born. So it's understandable that people want to see the first wheel keep spinning forever, although it's overly sentimental. But we aren't the cwc board anymore. We're the everycow board, and a lot of them have a lot more to offer if you want to gawk at the internet crazy. That's where I moved on to. That's where everyone with half a brain should move on to. If the cwc board ends up being Chris's own personal de facto patreon/customer base and nothing else, I'll advise @Null to dox everyone who still posts in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.