• "together we can put an end to Null's tirany and prevent him from taking control of 8chan the last bastion of freedom of speech"

If a tree falls in a forest

Discussion in 'Deep Thoughts' started by chocolate honky, Mar 4, 2018.

Forum Guidelines

This forum is for deep thoughts and more serious discussion. Please be mindful when challenging someone's opinions and beliefs.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards.
    1. and no one is around, what in hell happens?
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 4
      • Dumb Dumb x 2
      • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
    2. The ecosystem will carry on as it always has. The death of the tree will bring new life as the tree breaks down, fertilizing the earth feeding other forms of plant life.

Here is a page talking about the life stages of trees if you're so interested.
      • Informative  x 14
      • Agree  x 4
      •  x 3
      • Like  x 2
      • Feels  x 2
      • Semper Fidelis  x 1

Nekromantik A film for the whole family.

3. ^Most likely better off with no one around to hear it fall.
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 5
      • Feels Feels x 2
      • Autistic Autistic x 1
      • Dumb Dumb x 1
      #3 chocolate honky, Mar 4, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    4. If a lolcow spergs out and no one is there to hear it, does he get a thread
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 8
      • Winner Winner x 1
      Cuddly Pirate

Cuddly Pirate My optimism is feigned.
      True & Honest Fan

5. Never sperged before how bout you?
      • Feels Feels x 1
    6. I just lost a tree and... it was strange it was silent.

I have a sliding glass door attached to my kitchen, I was cooking eggs for breakfast the tree is right out back. I heard nothing.

It slammed into the forest too.
      • Feels Feels x 3

Bassomatic Scribe of the loveshies
      True & Honest Fan

7. That's what happens when you cook eggs.
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    8. In a general sense there will always be an organism around to hear the tree fall. That is their own personal story.

We ain't the only slide show around.

• Like Like x 2
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
      Piss Clam

Piss Clam Squeeze me.

9. No we are not the only slide show around and we wont be the last. We are just a species of continual bad reruns.
      • Disagree Disagree x 2
    10. If a tree falls it's dead and goes to one of the Pagan afterlives depending on where the tree lived.
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
      • DRINK DRINK x 1
      Daughter of Pomona

Daughter of Pomona Not a Christcuck.

11. Sound as a physical phenomenon exists regardless of whether there is an observer present or not. The falling tree will in all likelihood manifest such a phenomenon.

Sound as a physiological sensation only exists when there is someone to hear it. These sounds are not directly produced by the fall of the tree, they occur as an effect of a mind in result to the subjective sensory observation of the above-mentioned physical phenomenon. Every listener experiences a different sensation, and should there be none present capable of observing the physical phenomenon there will be no physiological sensations to speak of.

The whole confusion about whether a falling tree produces a sound stems from the equivocation of these two distinct and wildly different concepts, and from how they diverge in the aforementioned scenario. This confusion only exists in your mind, brought forth by the ambiguity of the language.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Sound is an illusion to start with, boyo.
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 1

Olhelm The Hermit of KiwiFarms
      True & Honest Fan

13. Particles move around. Energy is transferred from one state to another. Life goes on.
      • Agree Agree x 2

polonium By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
      True & Honest Fan

14. It makes a sound
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

15. if a man sneezes and no one is around to say god bless you, does he die?

MeatRokket08 Stronger than moonshine

16. It matters not for the tree has fallen.
      • Winner Winner x 1

TheClorax Best Game Franchise

17. One less tree to explode when Ness kills it.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1

Wraith Wraith Pickles have skeletons, I swear!

18. People keep asking this question and I’m like, just find a tree that’s about to fall and leave a tape recorder there. It’s not hard.

Tragi-Chan Godmaster Reverend

19. scorptatious

scorptatious is just fine again today
      True & Honest Fan