Illegal? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
Snyder would have a pretty good case for libel because if the defendant published defamatory language about and concerning the plaintiff then general damages are presumed. The problem is that he would probably get like a thousand bucks and 400 would go to his lawyer. If he could prove that Chris hurt business at the game place with some of his wild assed accusations then it would be open season.

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
waffle said:
If he could prove that Chris hurt business at the game place with some of his wild assed accusations then it would be open season.

Strangely enough, the witness to best answer this question may just be former Place owner and sex offender Robert Lightfoot. Chris's behavior, according to Mimms and Lucas, did spook regulars, and Mike was the day-to-day disciplinarian, but surely there had to be someone ruminating over lost potential revenue.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Henry Bemis said:
waffle said:
If he could prove that Chris hurt business at the game place with some of his wild assed accusations then it would be open season.

Strangely enough, the witness to best answer this question may just be former Place owner and sex offender Robert Lightfoot. Chris's behavior, according to Mimms and Lucas, did spook regulars, and Mike was the day-to-day disciplinarian, but surely there had to be someone ruminating over lost potential revenue.
Yeah, but that would've been before any potential defamation.

Zim

Facebook District Manager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have no idea if his "threats" are illegal or not but I'm pretty sure that it could be argued to a point where a judge would throw out claims that they were actually threats.

Chris really thinks like a child so he makes threats like a child. He want's all his enemies d-e-d dead and the place he hates to be blown up and wants other people to do it for him. He similarly threatened to kill the esteemed Mr. Cash too (with a knife unless I remember this wrong) and Clyde didn't even get so far as to get one bite of his own underwear!

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
Zim said:
I have no idea if his "threats" are illegal or not but I'm pretty sure that it could be argued to a point where a judge would throw out claims that they were actually threats.

Chris really thinks like a child so he makes threats like a child. He want's all his enemies d-e-d dead and the place he hates to be blown up and wants other people to do it for him. He similarly threatened to kill the esteemed Mr. Cash too (with a knife unless I remember this wrong) and Clyde didn't even get so far as to get one bite of his own underwear!
generally a threat has to be credible before it's considered a crime. You can threaten certain high-ranking political officials and while you're gonna get an extremely unpleasant visit from some jerks in black suits and sunglasses, you're probably not getting charged with anything if it turns out that you were just running your mouth.

for a threat to be credible, it has to be somewhat specific and backed by the present ability to carry it out. Saying "i wish someone would kill ________" is really fucked up, but it's not illegal unless it can be proven that you're genuinely asking or inciting other people to make it happen.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
waffle said:
Snyder would have a pretty good case for libel because if the defendant published defamatory language about and concerning the plaintiff then general damages are presumed. The problem is that he would probably get like a thousand bucks and 400 would go to his lawyer.
Heh, if I were Mike, I'd still buy that for a dollar.

ill-buy-that-for-a-dollar-220x150.jpg

Cwckifan

kiwifarms.net
somejerk said:
Zim said:

generally a threat has to be credible before it's considered a crime. You can threaten certain high-ranking political officials and while you're gonna get an extremely unpleasant visit from some jerks in black suits and sunglasses, you're probably not getting charged with anything if it turns out that you were just running your mouth.

for a threat to be credible, it has to be somewhat specific and backed by the present ability to carry it out. Saying "i wish someone would kill ________" is really fucked up, but it's not illegal unless it can be proven that you're genuinely asking or inciting other people to make it happen.
Well, wasn't Chris being serious in his request? Honestly, it seems like he always is, to at least some degree

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cwckifan said:
somejerk said:
Zim said:

Well, wasn't Chris being serious in his request? Honestly, it seems like he always is, to at least some degree
He was being serious, but it wasn't a credible threat. Despite what Chris thinks, his friends weren't going to burn down the game place.

Edit: he doesn't have any ability to get people to burn down the game place.

The Dude

Make a difference in life. Gas a furry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chris' threats are impotent. He tries to get other people to carry them out for him, which they aren't going to do, because he isn't going to do them himself. Anyone who has actually dealt with him, like the judge, lawyers, police, court clerks, possible probation officer, all know he's just a big fat, smelly, blustery, impotent windbag. He is a mental child in every sense of the word. He's for the most part harmless.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
If anything were to get him in trouble it would probably be all the made up/unfounded shit he says about people like Snyder and Marry Lee Walsh. It's like Marvin says, his threats are too impotent and wishey-washy to get him in serious shit.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
waffle said:
If anything were to get him in trouble it would probably be all the made up/unfounded shit he says about people like Snyder and Marry Lee Walsh. It's like Marvin says, his threats are too impotent and wishey-washy to get him in serious shit.

They don't care. You're in probably the only place on earth where anyone listens to anything Chris has to say, and we only listen to it because we're entertained by just how full of shit he is.

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
At the end of the day, Chris is just an angry, vengeful little douche... but that's all. His life's shit and it's much easier for him to blame everybody else for this, and in his impotent frustration the only weapon he has is to write angry, empty threats in the form of online messages. It makes him feel better for a little bit, and gives him the illusion of being proactive about the situation, but ultimately he'll just go back to his vidya and sulk.

Really, it should be taken as seriously as anything else he claims.... i.e not at all.

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
As a note, you can get in trouble for private stuff you put on Facebook. I had a friend get a protection order slapped on him for just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.