• ”so many people are so desperate to have somebody they can look down on and heap calumny upon”
  1. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

I'm a Cryptojew AMAwatch me trade (sometimes poorly)

Discussion in 'Cryptoshekels' started by CrunkLord420, Nov 1, 2017.

1. My advice for new people is to buy BTC, just BTC. That's it. You'll need to buy BTC to get into anything else, anyways. I like XMR because it's legitimately useful. Most altcoins are effectively gambling, but take note how XMR keeps it's value relative to BTC unlike nearly all other altcoins.

Telling you to go buy shitcoinX is just pumping, and anyone telling you to buy NEO or stinky linkies are just pumping. If you want to gamble go play Bust-A-Bit and you'll waste less time staring at charts. The basis of any crypto portfolio is at least 60% BTC, then "blue chip alts" (anything consistently in the top 10 of volume). If you want to buy ultra shitcoins do so with less than 10% of your crypto portfolio, you're playing the penny stocks, you may as well just buy a tiny bit of everything and hope one of them goes 10x, or just play bust-a-bit like I said.

My portfolio is mostly BTC and XMR, I trade other altcoins as well, but I have no real loyalty to them. I am specifically careful not to mention /biz/-tier ultrashitcoins because that is shilling and pumping I and don't want to get a reputation for that sort of thing.

I'm in a margin position right now for a coin I haven't mentioned in this post, and I won't because I don't want people following my trading advice because I might be wrong, and it can lead to accusations of coordinating pumps. Also many traders will not disclose their current positions because it opens them them up to issues with counter-traders and front-runners. Be suspect of anyone shilling their own positions.

PS. don't talk shit about DOGE, it's gone 3x over the past several months. It's blown most altcoins out of the water, including shit like Bcash.
    upload_2018-2-26_15-8-53.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #141 CrunkLord420, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    kiwifarms.is
  2. I'm 95% invested in boring-ass normie stocks and bonds. If you want to bet on crypto, go ahead, but realistically this is an incredibly volatile space and no one here can predict what will happen. BTC might go to 20k tomorrow, it might go to 1k.

I was kidding about Dogecoin, but really go ahead and put some money into BTC if you like but be prepared to lose it all or else go to the moon. I don't know what your risk tolerance is so it's hard to give real advice.

Skeealator

Skeealator Cryptid Skeptic

kiwifarms.is
  3. If people have to ask what they "should" buy then crypto isn't for them (besides buying BTC).

If you listen to anyone shilling coins you're going the wrong way about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    neger psykolog

neger psykolog moon goons for communism detection
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. Check mate.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Leo Bonhart

Leo Bonhart Words of truth are not pleasing.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  5. I just wanna rub it in and say XMR annihilated the rest of the altcoins today, relative to BTC, while BTC is going up relative to the USD.

I took profit already, so this isn't a signal to buy or anything. Just rubbing it in.

• Like Like x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  6. Why does anyone trade a cryptoUSD pair that isn't LTCUSD, ETHUSD, and BTCUSD? It feels obvious to me that if you're in on a shitcoin the tradingpair should be shitcoinBTC, or one of the other two options.

I sincerely don't get it.

:powerlevel:(He says, while not actually being a trader himself) :powerlevel:

kiwifarms.is
  7. I mean you're not really wrong. The smaller the shitcoin the less likely it will even have a USD pair. XMR behavior unlike pretty much any other coin in it's marketcap area when it comes to doing shit while BTC's price moves up. I've pointed this out before.
    Today:
    upload_2018-3-2_22-44-38.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  8. still holding a short, I don't think we've hit major liquidations yet.
    upload_2018-3-8_19-25-38.png

kiwifarms.is
  9. closed here on the second trip down, we're oscillating and buyers just ate through a 2500 XMR sell wall. Long opened to catch the stop-losses that will trigger as we retrace upwards.
    upload_2018-3-10_17-57-24.png

kiwifarms.is
  10. I'll be real here.

About half the reason I don't hold XMR at this point is because I'm a paranoid fuck and don't want to hold crypto on anything but my hardware wallets, and none of the ones I own support XMR yet.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  11. Soon™: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/820uee/ledger_hardware_wallet_monero_integration_some/
    upload_2018-3-11_11-22-10.png

Got both sells and buy maker orders filled in my sleep. BTC just jumped up and XRP/ETH took a hard tumble while XMR is maintaining it's value. Welcome to my trade journal where you watch me get rekt.
    upload_2018-3-11_11-16-15.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  12. went short here, BTC is looking droopy.
    upload_2018-3-11_20-34-21.png

kiwifarms.is
  13. closed half my short here
    upload_2018-3-12_7-32-15.png

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  14. Increased short position just above where I took profit, basically eating fees.
    upload_2018-3-12_17-38-41.png

kiwifarms.is
  15. Took some profit, probably too early. Slow bleed. Nothing crazy, yet. I won't be happy until a huge fuck-off red candle tbh.
    upload_2018-3-13_12-21-19.png

kiwifarms.is
  16. Just waiting for the brutality.
    upload_2018-3-14_6-34-53.png

kiwifarms.is
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    neger psykolog

neger psykolog moon goons for communism detection
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  17. dump it
    v8Er3veS49FidC_N02vsWGnZ1uZVTQpedi7yt01hubk.jpg
    upload_2018-3-14_13-30-11.png

• Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  18. Is Bitcoin died?

Skeealator

Skeealator Cryptid Skeptic

kiwifarms.is
  19. No, we're just going to kill some people and take their bitcoins.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.