Is metal the worst music scene ever? -

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
Bro, the OP may not be 100% serious, but don't you think that certain fandoms seem to attract the worst kinds of fans for some reason?

Off the top of my head, another example might be tween girl fans of pop/boy band singers like Justin Bieber or One Direction - but these are tween girls we're talking about - with metal fandom, you see that kind of behavior with people who are well into and past their prime.
Just because a fanboy of Tool from high school gave me shit for what kind of music I like doesn't mean the band or their genre sucks ass. Just because anime happens to have stories of unwashed self hating dysphoric idiot fans unaware of their own heaven given existence and wish to be something else doesn't mean I can't find the same kind of exceptionals like anywhere else. You don't look for exceptionals hard enough, StraightShooter. You look for only the lowhanging fruit.

And I wouldn't say that Justin Bieber is out of the picture of mainstream media. Where were you when Despacio came out and rose up to over 6 billion views on Youtube? That guy's still getting his dick sucked by mindless fans. I heard that shitty song so many times at the store in 2016-2018. If I could wire that motherfucker up to a chair and make him listen to that same shitty fucking song the same amount of times I inadvertently had non stop, I fucking would.

For as much metal is out of the limelight and on the sidelines, and has SJW and self hating whites spewing on about how rock is primarily "white dominated" (Prince? Jimi Hendrix? Lenny Kravitz? Slash? Howard Jones? Well guess they don't exist to those assclowns), I'd rather listen to the guttural songs about death and ripping apart your foes or doing hardcore shit with blaring electronic clashes turned into rhythms of brutality and heavy sensation than down the metaphorical chemical castration of mainstream pop. I like being a male, everyone else can have their tastes, love, peace, and fuck off.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you mean by "Metal" OP?

Power metal?

Thrash?

Symphonic Black Metal?

Technical Metal?

There is no one genre called Metal.

Oh no, the lead guitarist has a distortion pedal. That means it's "edgy". Never mind that metal composition draws more from classical music than from any other genre.

Syaoran Li

Oh, What a Night! Late December back in '63!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nope, metal is not the worst music ever because punk rock and K-Pop still exist.

As bad as certain metal spergs can get, the average punk is ten times worse, to say nothing of the sheer autistic stupidity and bugfuck insanity from K-Pop fans.

Also, goth had its roots as an offshoot of post-punk, not metal.

OP is autistic and retarded.

I wasn't being 100% serious - but in terms of fandom, if you can show me fans of another major genre as cringeworthy as metalfags are, be my guest.

Metal fans are like the Steven Universe fans of the music industry. (ICP is rap metal, so they get included in this as well).

Nope, if any fandom is the Steven Universe of the music industry, it would be punk rock. Pop punk in terms of ugly garish aesthetics and the hardcore punk scene in terms of pseudo-intellectual pretention and far-left political autism.

Punk is even more shitty than metal in terms of fanbase, but with the added bonus of being rife with pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who throw shade at others for being "losers" despite being ten times more guilty of the things they accuse metalheads of doing but with an aura of unwarranted self-importance and snobbery.

All the things OP criticizes metalheads for are ten times worse in the punk scene but with an extra mega-dose of smug pretentious "I am so smart!" nonsense and SJW political sperging.

Also, ICP is horror hip-hop. Not metal.

That's like saying KISS was a disco group because they did "I Was Made For Loving You"

And before you jump my ass, I'm not exactly a metalhead. I'm more of an "Oldies Radio" kind of guy when it comes to my musical tastes.

Ozma (ZeTrannyJanny)

"I remember drinking Kool-Aid"-Buzz Osbourne
kiwifarms.net
Nope, metal is not the worst music ever because punk rock and K-Pop still exist.

Nope, if any fandom is the Steven Universe of the music industry, it would be punk rock. Pop punk in terms of ugly garish aesthetics and the hardcore punk scene in terms of pseudo-intellectual pretention and far-left political autism.

Punk is even more shitty than metal in terms of fanbase, but with the added bonus of being rife with pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who throw shade at others for being "losers" despite being ten times more guilty of the things they accuse metalheads of doing but with an aura of unwarranted self-importance and snobbery.

All the things OP criticizes metalheads for are ten times worse in the punk scene but with an extra mega-dose of smug pretentious "I am so smart!" nonsense and SJW political sperging.

That's like saying KISS was a disco group because they did "I Was Made For Loving You"

And before you jump my ass, I'm not exactly a metalhead. I'm more of an "Oldies Radio" kind of guy when it comes to my musical tastes.
You're being as dumb as op

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

As bad as certain metal spergs can get, the average punk is ten times worse, to say nothing of the sheer autistic stupidity and bugfuck insanity from K-Pop fans.

A lot of people don't know what punk is, either. They hear Sum 41 once, and assume that's punk. That's punk after it was bastardized and commercialized into absolute garbage. Real punk ceased to exist after the 80s.

Post-hardcore was a promising successor. At first. Then, it morphed into emo, which started off as decent, but then quickly turned into absolute dog shit like My Chemical Romance.

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people don't know what punk is, either. They hear Sum 41 once, and assume that's punk. That's punk after it was bastardized and commercialized into absolute garbage. Real punk ceased to exist after the 80s.

Post-hardcore was a promising successor. At first. Then, it morphed into emo, which started off as decent, but then quickly turned into absolute dog shit like My Chemical Romance.

Unpopular opinion, but I hate "real punk" acts like Black Flag, Crass, The Clash, The Dead Kennedys, and The Circle Jerks ten times more than pop punk (and I don't like pop punk either)

No, seriously. The pretentious pseudo-intellectualism and political sperging is exponentially worse with the real hardcore punk scene and the music is somehow even worse than Sum 41 and Green Day.

When your music manages to be worse than that AND your scene is one of the worst for pretentious elitism, political autism (both the Neo-Nazi skinheads and the North American branch of the Antifa movement got their start in the 80's hardcore punk scene) pseudo-intellectualism, and severe USI, that really says something.

All Cops Are Based

kiwifarms.net
The main thrust of punk was to get away from the "intellectualism" of prog, psych, 70s art rock, etc. Like anything it can get pretentious, but I'd aim that accusation more at the post-punk stuff that was emerging at the same time but took great pride in being well versed in heady situationist aesthetics & not being "3 chord slop." (The Pop Group, Public Image ltd, etc)

The three chord slop has aged better than that stuff in my book.

And far-lefties didn't really hold hegemony over punk back in the day the way they do now, sure there were a lot of them, but a band like Black Flag is barely political in any way. Go look at one of their most "political" songs, Police Story, and it's too lyrically mindless and simplistic to be called meaningfully political. It's pure brainstem/id music, an adolescent suburban tantrum.

Nevermind The Dead Boys or Anti-Nowhere League or of course GG Allin or whatever. Seminal punk stuff that gets treated like it's radioactive by modern day punks/crusties because they were a little bit on the misogynistic/non-PC side. You can't just cast this "SJW cuck politispergs" net over punk in general, it's not accurate.

(I know this punk thing is a derail but it's a more interesting topic than OP's thoughts about anything)

Last edited:

Ozma (ZeTrannyJanny)

"I remember drinking Kool-Aid"-Buzz Osbourne
kiwifarms.net

I actually had no idea that emo was tied to punk at all. Though some say that Fugazi is either Emo ish or Post hardcore. And yes Sum 41 is ass.

To be fair if you were going to add Black Flag you could have at least added My War,

Never heard of Dead Kennedy's has being post hardcore though.

Agent Abe Caprine

Is being stupid again
kiwifarms.net
Do you really think goth rock and hardcore are "spinoffs" of metal or is this epic bait
Probably thinks HIM is a goth metal band. There is gothic metal, but it's more of a doom metal style. For example, Type O Negative.

Hardcore and metal do overlap plenty. Crossover thrash, thrash metal, grindcore and its variants, sludge metal. They aren't the same thing, though.

Emo started out as a form of hardcore punk. The name was short for emotive hardcore.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
No, it's whatever "You will never be a dancer" is. Literally a britbong screaming over a washing machine and all the simps are like "OOO you just don't get it".
It's not fucking music, I know enough.

Agent Abe Caprine

Is being stupid again
kiwifarms.net
No, it's whatever "You will never be a dancer" is. Literally a britbong screaming over a washing machine and all the simps are like "OOO you just don't get it".
It's not fucking music, I know enough.
In 2009, Bennett claimed that his pre-eminent inspiration was Yoko Ono: "Yoko's amazing music was by far the biggest influence on me, and Whitehouse, in the formative years (despite what some would have you believe)."
Yoko Ono
Amazing music

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The main thrust of punk was to get away from the "intellectualism" of prog, psych, 70s art rock, etc. Like anything it can get pretentious, but I'd aim that accusation more at the post-punk stuff that was emerging at the same time but took great pride in being well versed in heady situationist aesthetics & not being "3 chord slop." (The Pop Group, Public Image ltd, etc)

The three chord slop has aged better than that stuff in my book.

And far-lefties didn't really hold hegemony over punk back in the day the way they do now, sure there were a lot of them, but a band like Black Flag is barely political in any way. Go look at one of their most "political" songs, Police Story, and it's too lyrically mindless and simplistic to be called meaningfully political. It's pure brainstem/id music, an adolescent suburban tantrum.

Nevermind The Dead Boys or Anti-Nowhere League or of course GG Allin or whatever. Seminal punk stuff that gets treated like it's radioactive by modern day punks/crusties because they were a little bit on the misogynistic/non-PC side. You can't just cast this "SJW cuck politispergs" net over punk in general, it's not accurate.

(I know this punk thing is a derail but it's a more interesting topic than OP's thoughts about anything)

I just hate punk in general. And yes, this also includes the right-wing stuff like Skrewdriver or the apolitical edgy shitpost hardcore acts like GG Allin or the "real punk" three chord garbage.

Punk is one of the few genres where the more authentic it is, the more I detest it and find it pretentious and repulsive.