Is there a correlation between anime-avatars and more "extreme" opinions? -

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
I've definitely noticed a correlation between furry avatars and misguided social activism.
Literally every single time an angry online mob forms to fight some imaginary sexism/racism/transphobia etc, there's always a platoon of furry avatars to be found nearby.

Rotus

The whole spectrum
kiwifarms.net
Possibly. I still think furry/terrible selfies are more likely to pop in with their exceptionalism, though. I do feel like anime avatars with girls in them are more prone to wild political escapades, compared to avatars with males in them, which usually pop up more in fandom related craziness.

TheCapybara

kiwifarms.net
I mean, I feel like there's a bit of a correlation in that a fair bit of the crowd of people that watch anime in English speaking countries tend to gravitate towards extremist opinions of which spending a lot of time on the internet is a hallmark as well, but I think most of it is, uh, what's the word, confirmation bias I think? People go online thinking, as you said, the vast majority of extremist opinions online are expressed by people with anime girl avatars, so while they don't really notice when someone without an anime girl avatar expresses an extremist opinion, whenever someone WITH an anime girl avatar that expresses extremist opinions shows up, they catch their notice, and as such they see that as their bias being confirmed. Of course, I might be talking out of my ass here.

Webby's Boyfriend

resident toon sperg
kiwifarms.net
Most of my views on politics, society and the like are in the centre or at the left (but not extreme). I watch anime casually, yet I am a real fanboy of Western animation.

That's because all those things want to legalize pedophilia and anime avatars are only used by pedophiles.
Where is that meme coming from? Is it because most protagonists of anime shows are in their teens? That would be hebephilia and in Japan it is widespread and socially acceptable.

Snuckening

kiwifarms.net
It all comes down to autism- the weebs, the furries, the fixation with cartoons, video games, Pokemon, Sonic the hedgehog etc. Autists are drawn to those big, blank eyes, and pass-times where you have minimal interaction with actual humans. And autists are also drawn to reductive, easy-answer, extremist ideologies like alt-right, sjw-ism, inceldom, etc.

Al Gulud

Can't wait for the actual white genocide tbh
kiwifarms.net
Their ideas aren't grounded in reality and are inspired by the shit cartoons they watch. On a side note there are so many white nationalists on twitter who are unironic weebs and I feel really bad for Hitler now. He doesn't deserve that.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
How do people with avatars of Western Animation compare though? Obviously the ones of the more autistic fandoms, i.e. pony or SU avatars, would be moreso.

• Agree
Reactions: Webby's Boyfriend

Webby's Boyfriend

resident toon sperg
kiwifarms.net
It all comes down to autism- the weebs, the furries, the fixation with cartoons, video games, Pokemon, Sonic the hedgehog etc. Autists are drawn to those big, blank eyes, and pass-times where you have minimal interaction with actual humans. And autists are also drawn to reductive, easy-answer, extremist ideologies like alt-right, sjw-ism, inceldom, etc.
I am a fan of cartoons and yes, in the community and many fandoms, there are a lot of autists as well as people with edgy political ideologies. I try to distance myself from all of them. And I dislike furries, because they take the whole "talking animal" thing far too serious.

How do people with avatars of Western Animation compare though? Obviously the ones of the more autistic fandoms, i.e. pony or SU avatars, would be moreso.
Ponies appeal to Ancaps while SJWs are fond of Steven Universe.

Reactions: Superkooter

Toucan

Peace on earth!
kiwifarms.net
This reminds me. Was MLP ever seriously adopted by sections of the far right? Or was that just a meme?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino