James Damore et al v. Google LLC (2017) -

Thanks for moving this stuff over into here, I'm very glad to know this case is still ongoing.

To me, this is an important case for the forces of truth and reality. The left has been attacking them hard, and it's easy to see it's working. People like to blame Trump for our "Post Truth" world, but really I'd say it was the trans movement, and the left has now seen how powerful it is just to completely deny reality.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
It's particularly baffling given the deluge of tweets, essays, and articles out there from the "correct" people that are happy to posit differences between men and women that don't get any blowback. Hell, Sundar Pichai himself was in a QnA a couple months ago and when asked why there aren't as many women at Google as men he said basically the exact same thing Damore said as if it was a perfectly natural answer (hint: it was and still is). Damore saw that and tweeted that the hypocrisy would probably come up during discovery in his lawsuit.
It's useful to apply Althouse's maxim here: "you're allowed to noticed differences between men and women as long as those differences make women superior." Women are better at multi-tasking? Heh, deal with it, bigots, it's just science. Men are stronger than women? REEEE MUH SORE GINEY!

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for moving this stuff over into here, I'm very glad to know this case is still ongoing.

To me, this is an important case for the forces of truth and reality. The left has been attacking them hard, and it's easy to see it's working. People like to blame Trump for our "Post Truth" world, but really I'd say it was the trans movement, and the left has now seen how powerful it is just to completely deny reality.
Sorry, but this is pure exceptionalism, there's no good/evil battle here, this is either gonna end in a settlement or a settlement, only question is: How big of a settlement?

Also, the moment you start seeing politics as a good v. evil thing, you know you've started seeing it as spergily as the SJWs you dislike. Politics are inherently grey and one votes for their interests, be that ethical, financial or otherwise.

Sorry, but this is pure exceptionalism, there's no good/evil battle here, this is either gonna end in a settlement or a settlement, only question is: How big of a settlement?

Also, the moment you start seeing politics as a good v. evil thing, you know you've started seeing it as spergily as the SJWs you dislike. Politics are inherently grey and one votes for their interests, be that ethical, financial or otherwise.
I didn't say good vs evil did I? I said truth and reality vs made up version of the story. There is a true version of events, and any other version is false. The purge of conservative thought in liberal workplaces is a real thing, and is leading to more regimented thinking in those places.

Sort of like the statement "There are 2 sexes" is true and factual, and the statement "There are infinite genders, and you belong to whichever you claim to" is factually untrue. Or the statement "James DaMore sent a bitter racist and sexist screed to his coworkers out of the blue" is factually untrue, yet is the version of the story that the media told.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't say good vs evil did I? I said truth and reality vs made up version of the story. There is a true version of events, and any other version is false. The purge of conservative thought in liberal workplaces is a real thing, and is leading to more regimented thinking in those places.

Sort of like the statement "There are 2 sexes" is true and factual, and the statement "There are infinite genders, and you belong to whichever you claim to" is factually untrue. Or the statement "James DaMore sent a bitter racist and sexist screed to his coworkers out of the blue" is factually untrue, yet is the version of the story that the media told.
Yeah but you're giving an undue importance to this thing (the forces of truth and reality, wtf man?) like it's some historic battle, if you think that Google would somehow kick out all the weird trannies they have because they had to give a rounding error of money to Damore, then you're in for a huge shock.

Obviously it depends on how far he wants to take it, but I don't expect this to become his life's battle, everyone has a price in the end. As such, the only reason I am following this trial closely is mainly due to two things:

1) The lulz: This trial's documentation already gave us Kevin Batman. And it makes the cows tard out.
2) The interesting legal predicament: Can Damore use the same laws the left-leaning people hide behind to get a big settlement/judgement? That's an interesting question imo.

Yeah, that.
Yeah but you're giving an undue importance to this thing (the forces of truth and reality, wtf man?) like it's some historic battle, if you think that Google would somehow kick out all the weird trannies they have because they had to give a rounding error of money to Damore, then you're in for a huge shock.

Obviously it depends on how far he wants to take it, but I don't expect this to become his life's battle, everyone has a price in the end. As such, the only reason I am following this trial closely is mainly due to two things:

1) The lulz: This trial's documentation already gave us Kevin Batman. And it makes the cows tard out.
2) The interesting legal predicament: Can Damore use the same laws the left-leaning people hide behind to get a big settlement/judgement? That's an interesting question imo.
Heh, fair enough. It's just one spoke in the wheel of insanity to me. But I do think these are the sorts of things that actually affect what companies view as "Politically Correct", so if he wins, it should at least make some companies think twice about how they let conservatives get treated.

I mean, we got this, gamergate, antifa, genderspecials, Trump-Russia, Hillary... there's a lot of stuff where the "official" story is the opposite of the truth. Seeing the official story get beat back on any of these makes me feel better about shit.

Of course, maybe I'm just deluding myself, but I gotta hold out some kind of hope that doublethink isn't the way of the future...

The 8 of Spades

Pay No Attention To The ♂ Behind The Glassy Smirk
kiwifarms.net
Is this going to ever happen? Did they successfully kill the ability to cover this with that weird gag order?
Right now they're in the stage where plaintiff and defendant fire motions and counter-motions back and forth for a few rounds so there's not much interesting. I recommend you follow Nick Rekieta's youtube, he'll be covering it as soon as there are developments.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net

I just want Google to get boned. They wield way too much power.

WaltherPPGAY

kiwifarms.net
And they wield that power for the worst causes, such as aiding the Chinese military and government through the thinnest veneer of a middleman.

Publicly spurning the Pentagon and then turning around to aid China? People are going to take that personally and then personally take that out Google.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
tfw the EU has more balls and teeth to go after businesses for anti trust lawsuits than the US does
I find the idea of a software based monopoly to be infeasible. Unless you control a technical choke point like DNS or you use legal trickery, the capability to compete with a big opponent is readily available.

In this case, the EU doesn't have "balls and teeth", but they're more just being stooges of a lazy population who doesn't know what they want or isn't willing to switch providers to get it. If switching providers is too much of a strain, then they get what they deserve.

To me, it's like cranky europeans screeching at their government to mandate that mcdonalds use wagyu beef, instead of spending the extra money to go to a better restaurant.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The EU is just pissy that they don't have exclusive control over information. They're micromanaging assholes, but them targeting google makes it incredibly difficult deciding who to root for?
IMO it's just a pure cash grab. They see a huge pile of money and want to steal some of it but don't have the balls to just pass a tax so they make up some imaginary violation.

Tags
die null

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino