• ”Autists are improving. It used to be you'd have to hold them down to record their screams.”

James Damore et al v. Google LLC (2017)

Discussion in 'Lolcow & Lolcow LLP' started by mindlessobserver, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Thanks for moving this stuff over into here, I'm very glad to know this case is still ongoing.

To me, this is an important case for the forces of truth and reality. The left has been attacking them hard, and it's easy to see it's working. People like to blame Trump for our "Post Truth" world, but really I'd say it was the trans movement, and the left has now seen how powerful it is just to completely deny reality.

• Autistic Autistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. It's useful to apply Althouse's maxim here: "you're allowed to noticed differences between men and women as long as those differences make women superior." Women are better at multi-tasking? Heh, deal with it, bigots, it's just science. Men are stronger than women? REEEE MUH SORE GINEY!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Krokodil Overdose

Krokodil Overdose [|][||][||][|_]

kiwifarms.is
  3. Ha, I know the concept you're talking about of course but where does that name come from?

Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.is
  4. Blogger Ann Althouse, specifically this post. (I don't know if anyone else calls it that, but there you go.)

• Informative Informative x 3
    Krokodil Overdose

Krokodil Overdose [|][||][||][|_]

kiwifarms.is
  5. Althouse Maxim huh? Sounds kinda cool, but also sounds like some weird spin off of Maxim magazine where the models engage in weird alt-arthouse stuff. Which is also kinda cool, but not the same thing.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
  6. Sorry, but this is pure exceptionalism, there's no good/evil battle here, this is either gonna end in a settlement or a settlement, only question is: How big of a settlement?

Also, the moment you start seeing politics as a good v. evil thing, you know you've started seeing it as spergily as the SJWs you dislike. Politics are inherently grey and one votes for their interests, be that ethical, financial or otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    neural

neural a cool ninja guy whos ready to fight
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  7. I didn't say good vs evil did I? I said truth and reality vs made up version of the story. There is a true version of events, and any other version is false. The purge of conservative thought in liberal workplaces is a real thing, and is leading to more regimented thinking in those places.

Sort of like the statement "There are 2 sexes" is true and factual, and the statement "There are infinite genders, and you belong to whichever you claim to" is factually untrue. Or the statement "James DaMore sent a bitter racist and sexist screed to his coworkers out of the blue" is factually untrue, yet is the version of the story that the media told.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
  8. Yeah but you're giving an undue importance to this thing (the forces of truth and reality, wtf man?) like it's some historic battle, if you think that Google would somehow kick out all the weird trannies they have because they had to give a rounding error of money to Damore, then you're in for a huge shock.

Obviously it depends on how far he wants to take it, but I don't expect this to become his life's battle, everyone has a price in the end. As such, the only reason I am following this trial closely is mainly due to two things:

1) The lulz: This trial's documentation already gave us Kevin Batman. And it makes the cows tard out.
    2) The interesting legal predicament: Can Damore use the same laws the left-leaning people hide behind to get a big settlement/judgement? That's an interesting question imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    neural

neural a cool ninja guy whos ready to fight
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. Yeah, that.
    Heh, fair enough. It's just one spoke in the wheel of insanity to me. But I do think these are the sorts of things that actually affect what companies view as "Politically Correct", so if he wins, it should at least make some companies think twice about how they let conservatives get treated.

I mean, we got this, gamergate, antifa, genderspecials, Trump-Russia, Hillary... there's a lot of stuff where the "official" story is the opposite of the truth. Seeing the official story get beat back on any of these makes me feel better about shit.

Of course, maybe I'm just deluding myself, but I gotta hold out some kind of hope that doublethink isn't the way of the future...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
  10. Is this going to ever happen? Did they successfully kill the ability to cover this with that weird gag order?

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    The 8 of Spades

The 8 of Spades One Finger Of A Dead Man's Hand

kiwifarms.is
  12. I just want Google to get boned. They wield way too much power.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  13. And they wield that power for the worst causes, such as aiding the Chinese military and government through the thinnest veneer of a middleman.

Publicly spurning the Pentagon and then turning around to aid China? People are going to take that personally and then personally take that out Google.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.is
  14. Remember, China is our greatest ally/enemy depending on whether the last thing trump said about china was bad/good. Just like Russia.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
  15. The $5000000000.00 fine from the EC is a fun start.

kcbbq

kcbbq Art trappists gory?

kiwifarms.is
  16. tfw the EU has more balls and teeth to go after businesses for anti trust lawsuits than the US does

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #376 DragoonSierra, Jul 19, 2018 at 1:16 AM
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018 at 2:35 AM
    kiwifarms.is
  17. The EU is just pissy that they don't have exclusive control over information. They're micromanaging assholes, but them targeting google makes it incredibly difficult deciding who to root for?

• Agree Agree x 4
    soy_king

soy_king Now with 1000% more estrogen!

kiwifarms.is
  18. I cheer for the fight itself. I hope that it vanquishes both contestants.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    AprilRains

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  19. I find the idea of a software based monopoly to be infeasible. Unless you control a technical choke point like DNS or you use legal trickery, the capability to compete with a big opponent is readily available.

In this case, the EU doesn't have "balls and teeth", but they're more just being stooges of a lazy population who doesn't know what they want or isn't willing to switch providers to get it. If switching providers is too much of a strain, then they get what they deserve.

To me, it's like cranky europeans screeching at their government to mandate that mcdonalds use wagyu beef, instead of spending the extra money to go to a better restaurant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Marvin

Christorical Figure True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  20. IMO it's just a pure cash grab. They see a huge pile of money and want to steal some of it but don't have the balls to just pass a tax so they make up some imaginary violation.

• Agree Agree x 7
    AnOminous

AnOminous so what
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.