Jared Leto stars as a Yakuza in 'The Outsider' - White People can't play with Asian gangsters!

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shadow

Hard times and .45's
kiwifarms.net
I mean...it's called the Outsider. Have you ever heard of a point of view character? That's the character through which the audience- presumably English-speaking westerners like Leto and his character- views and is introduced to a world. Because I'm pretty sure the complainers aren't overly familiar with the Yakuza. From the sounds of it they're taking a tack similar to Goodfellas- where Henry Hill and Jimmy Conway are both operatives for the mafia, but can't every be full members because they're not full-blooded Italians.

Two of the complainers seem to be of Chinese origin. To paraphrase Mr. Plinkett, "This movie about Japan is racist against Chinamen!"

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Given that most of the clickbait sites I checked were lazy fuckers who all wrote the same article, I will move on to the fountain of youth and wisdom: reddit.

I'll admit, the very 1st post made me chuckle:
upload_2018-2-27_21-45-23.pngupload_2018-2-27_21-46-32.pngupload_2018-2-27_21-47-1.pngupload_2018-2-27_21-48-29.pngupload_2018-2-27_21-49-10.pngupload_2018-2-27_21-49-35.png
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/asianamerican/comments/7zsooi/jared_leto_stars_as_a_japanese_gangster_in_the/

I am assuming that WM = White Male and AF = Asian Female, but I think that if using those acronyms are a daily occasion for you, then maybe you reconsider the community you're participating in, hell, reconsider your life, really:
upload_2018-2-27_21-51-48.png
"It's good that I'm not the only one salty at this movie"
upload_2018-2-27_21-55-28.png
When in doubt, just replace the movie with your own fanfic:
upload_2018-2-27_21-57-3.png
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EasternSunRising/comments/803vho/girly_wm_plays_a_yakuza_in_netflixs_outsider/

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its called 'The Outsider' for fucks sake.

WHY WHITE MAN IN ASIAN GANG?! RACISM

Because that's the plot of the film you fucking mongoloids. Jared Leto isn't pretending to be an Asian man and duct taping his eyes to a slant.

And there's you know, Asian cinema if you want fucking Asian movies. I hear they're pretty good. So how about you just shut the fuck up.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today I learned that reddit can be just as good a salt mine as Twitter is..
upload_2018-3-1_16-40-32.png

upload_2018-3-1_16-41-24.png

upload_2018-3-1_16-41-48.png

upload_2018-3-1_16-42-14.png

upload_2018-3-1_16-42-32.png

I'm no movie buff, but I'm pretty sure there's a film called Goodfellas that does exactly that..

upload_2018-3-1_16-42-54.png

"We're salty about it, so it's definitely gonna be a flop!"

upload_2018-3-1_18-54-46.png

upload_2018-3-1_18-55-53.png

I have no words for this one, plus, Ghost in the Shell wasn't a Netflix production:

upload_2018-3-1_18-56-52.png

upload_2018-3-1_18-57-50.png

upload_2018-3-1_18-58-38.png

Anyone who references a Chappelle Show sketch gets my props..

upload_2018-3-1_18-59-32.png

This here is the only reasonable person in the whole thread.

upload_2018-3-1_19-0-40.png
https://www.reddit.com/r/aznidentity/comments/7zi3gy/new_netflixs_original_movie_about_yakuza_with/

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently reddit has never seen Coming to America. It's okay, I don't think they would laugh at it anyway.

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Fuckers im pretty sure that if the character portrayed by leto was gay they would be praising for how progressive it is, add some gay japaneses guys to bonus point

Keep screeching because now people is going to see it to spite all of you, im pretty sure someone is considering using the usual suspects as free promo

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I understand of SJWs, you're not supposed to acknowledge that you don't know all about the foreign culture you dream of adopting. You're supposed to pretend you instantly know all about it while you silently "educate yourself" as best you can without asking questions or making any mistakes.

The "white guy is immersed in a foreign culture that he must adapt to" plot makes them deeply uncomfortable, as a result. Why, if they had to admit that they don't know all about it, they wouldn't be able to talk over the not-white people who clearly need their help to defend themselves.

You know, in order to fulfill their Burden as Mighty Whitey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None