Jerry Peet / Lily Orchard / Lily Peet / Valkyrstudios / Bhaalspawn / Tara Callie / "Mod Ebara" - Sociopath writer of pedophile fanfiction and cartoon reviews, faked getting raped to force a divorce, then mobbed and gaslit their ex off Tumblr, satanist neoliberal of the MovieSlob variety, also wants to fuck dogs and/or pokemon

Duine In Cudromach

Nobody of Importance
kiwifarms.net
Hey if we're talking about bad writing
View attachment 1485115
I like how Lily's brilliant refutation of this ask is just "nuh-uh"
If I recall they did foreshadow this frequently throughout the show, even to the point where my jewish friend who rarely watched the show said it was probably going to happen.

That being said I really hate the attitude Lily takes here, she's mean with little reason to be and dismisses any merit the moment had by just saying the writer is bad so it doesn't count. I don't doubt that the reveal has problems but to say this is just bad faith.

Come to think of it, Lily would make a good Kiwi with how much malice she writes with.
Indeed. She just keeps saying 'it's bad foreshadowing!" without actually explaining why, except that it's 'vague'. We all know that Lily has difficulty processing things that aren't outright stated, but 'being vague' isn't bad foreshadowing-- foreshadowing is meant to lay out multiple clues that, when pieced together, can bring an attentive audience to the correct conclusion. Ideally when you re-watch something after the twist that foreshadowing actually takes on a whole new meaning and provides you with a totally different experience than going in blind. People being able to re-watch a show and say 'Oh, this was hinting at her being Pink Diamond!' isn't testament to backfilling clues, it's how the whole device is supposed to work.

Also, even if this were a case of the crew not being entirely decided on the twist, that's also not bad writing. It's not an 'easy trick' to take things that you developed early on and realizing later on that you could give it a new meaning, it's a natural part of the writing process, especially for people who don't really work well with detailed outlines. Of course this kind of thing still has to make sense in context so I guess this is actually pretty true to form for Lily, who takes things that she dropped from earlier in, say, Poke-madhouse and then gives them new meaning without actually bothering to think about how it incorporates into the story. I guess when you don't care about quality, everything is technically an easy trick.

Also also Lily has no place to say the foreshadowing was bad when she completely misunderstood the purpose of Rose's character study in the first place. Lily completely misses the point in her video that Rose was built up as a legend and a saint by the Crystal Gems with the intent of Steven eventually realizing that his mother was actually deeply flawed; she seems to think that the Gems statements were meant to be taken at face value and that the flashbacks showing that Rose was actually kind of a dick were the writers thinking that somebody like Rose was actually a perfect character and therefore they were lionizing an abuser. Lily could not fathom that the Gems were supposed to be wrong and just assumed that if the good characters were saying something it must have been the exact opinions of the writers.

emmens

Certified Fanfic Critic
kiwifarms.net
New comic entry, sorry if the panels are a weird size, I'm on mobile
View attachment 1480357
View attachment 1480358
View attachment 1480359
View attachment 1480360
View attachment 1480361
I really don't feel like using any energy to nitpick this comic, cause honestly I feel the same philosophy was used in making it.
Low effort garbage appeals to the mongoloid Tumblr crowd after all.
I don't give a shit about Mikails stupid art or Lily's attempt at writing cute and quirky characters, cause in the end it's gonna devolve into the same melodrama as always. I just can't be fucking bothered anymore. At least Sonichu was funny.
View attachment 1480372
Woah guys look it's totally Josh.
So yeah, we're not getting an actual "romance" story and I'd say I'm disappointed, but that d recquires me to have expectations that haven't been met. You'd think this would be impossible to fuck up, have like, a hand full of pages of them getting to know each other and date and then we get the romance. But nope; we're just gonna have this all happening in the background and it just kinda happens.
Also just this once I'm gonna sit and wait and see what the hell Mara's deal is as a character before making a judgement call, but frankly I'm expecting no pay out or the pay out to be boring when we find out why she needs to lay low My bet is her being banned from arby's is the reason

Taking all bets. Will Jerry:

1. Forget about this plot point completely.
2. Have fat G bond to G while G's bond to Lily still counts and so now they both have an extended lifespan by loophole.
3. Do another around of good 'ol sleep rape to live longer.
  • Subverted expectations tier results would be This is adressed, considered, dismissed and in narrative addressed that G is going to have to learn and cope with knowing that she's going to outlive any pokemon she might form a romantic relationship with and she'll have to take this lesson and grow as (person)pokemon
  • mostly like best outcome is it's not even brought up, never talked about, and doesn't even register to the writer as something to really be concerned with, and it if is brought up is either ignored or just blankly stated as "not really to be worried about"
  • I don't know what I expected tier; Mara's already bonded to someone and thats the secret reason she's laying low while the human she bonded with is being prosecuted to the full extent of the law with either the writing of the comic being so bad that you could with out the writers intent infer Mara is the one who initiated the bond, or the writing vaguely implies it might not have been unwilling or whatever.
  • How did they think this was acceptable? tier: Comic!lily proposes a mating bond between Mara and C!Mikaila, and then the meta discourse of the comic turns into Lily the person trying to desperately justify why it's not Pokemon Abuse and Human abuse and how Comic!Lily isn't in the wrong for thnking about the happiness of C!Mikaela and and G, and Mara because this means everyone can be happy and live their best life, and then lily the writer just raises her hands says "fuck it" and ends the comic at the most random possible point.
She's already said that the plans for this relationship are that a mating bond is a once-a-lifetime event (for... some reason) and has to deal with not being able to have as complete a connection to Marah and realizing that it's still a viable form of love (or something to that effect, I think I made it sound better than Lily did and given what I just wrote that's pretty pathetic). She's never explained why Marah can't form the mating bond with G since apparently you only need one party to do so, otherwise how would it work between a Gardevoir and their trainer?

(And why does the mating bond extend life expectancy? It kinda makes sense if you think of it as a permanent Destiny Bond between a Gardevoir and their trainer and they basically leach their trainer's life force to extend their own, but if two Gardevoir form mating bonds between each other and they have the same biological life expectancy then how do they extend their own life spans? Or is this a thing where it actually wouldn't and it only works if they form the bond with a human? But then how would G have figured that out? Actually how did G even know that forming the bond would do that since Lily keeps saying that there's no research on this thing and anybody who would form the bond would hide it because it's illegal? And why would G know about her own life expectancy if she was raised in a household that generally neglected her and her only bond was with Lily? And)
1596163416892.png

Yeah, in case anyone didn't notice, he's keeping this post at the head of his blog, as if saying it over and over again will cancel all the other times he's suggested otherwise.
Funny that it's explicitly the one that presents Josh Scorcher in a negative light when there was at least a good hundred or so ones that say the same thing and also aren't "(This is totally Josh, ignore the fact I'm using Anon and invalidating it by outing who I am anyway even though Josh has never once in the entire time since disassociating from you tried to talk to you or even mentions you)"

Lurk Jurk

kiwifarms.net
Hey if we're talking about bad writing
View attachment 1485115
I like how Lily's brilliant refutation of this ask is just "nuh-uh"
If I recall they did foreshadow this frequently throughout the show, even to the point where my jewish friend who rarely watched the show said it was probably going to happen.

That being said I really hate the attitude Lily takes here, she's mean with little reason to be and dismisses any merit the moment had by just saying the writer is bad so it doesn't count. I don't doubt that the reveal has problems but to say this is just bad faith.

Come to think of it, Lily would make a good Kiwi with how much malice she writes with.
Rose's powers literally make no sense unless she's Pink Diamond. The show is framed from Steven's point of view, and Steven starts the show as a naive little kid who has no reason to believe his mother is anything other than the glorious leader from humble origins who fought for freedom and loved everyone around her he's told she was. But if you're paying attention: shit doesn't add up. The show just doesn't draw attention to these moments until a character spells it all out in a space court trial toward the end of the series. So even when the show throws in hand holding for idiots like Jerry to make sure no one could possibly miss all the clues they set up over 4 and half seasons he still doesn't get it. Astounding.

Son Goku Baku

kiwifarms.net
Liliana is also the same person who thinks showing a gay couple that has been together for thousands of years marrying, holding hands, kissing and flirting is not good enough LGBT representation, while the single scene of one show of one character mentioning having a girlfriend off hand without said girlfriend even existing on the scene is. For years she has complained about friendship solving conflicts in a show that has Friendship Is Magic on the the title.

How does anyone take someone like that seriously as a media critic is truly a mistery.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
Funny that it's explicitly the one that presents Josh Scorcher in a negative light when there was at least a good hundred or so ones that say the same thing and also aren't "(This is totally Josh, ignore the fact I'm using Anon and invalidating it by outing who I am anyway even though Josh has never once in the entire time since disassociating from you tried to talk to you or even mentions you)"
It's this level of stupidly that I just cannot fathom. Lilly and her fans genuinely want us to believe that all the people she hates, when responding to her, all have the same senseless method of replying by anonymous function, yet saying in their ask who they are? That after months of ignoring Lilly and moving on, they're suddenly deciding to waste their time on Lilly's barely living tumblr blog? if they were going to out themselves for responding to Lilly, why wouldn't they make a public response on twitter or such where they'd have their fans backing them up? Fuck, even in the most generous interpretation where this is totally, truly them, Lilly's showing that they have much more balls than she ever will since they're purposely responding in an echo chamber where they're the opposition while Lilly can still barely muster the spine to do more than vaguely refer to them outside of her safe space.

Lurk Jurk

kiwifarms.net
Either Jerry is being trolled by anons and really is that stupid, or he's sending the anons himself to create these imaginary arguments with his one-sided rivals where he gets the sassy last word and his tens of retarded fans eat it up.

1596208130111.png

Okay I have to break this down. He's mad that the plot wasn't as straight forward as it first seemed?

And what the hell does "what they said they were going to do" mean? The show doesn't introduce the concept of the Diamonds' existence until the end of season 1, and doesn't really reveal who or what they are until season 2. Pink Diamond is mentioned for the first time toward the end of season 3, followed by the revelation that Rose apparently shattered her and that this is something the other characters have kept from Steven.

All this time there's been things in the show that can help you piece together exactly why the rebellion to preserve the Earth started. You start with the three main gems who are magic, you find out they're aliens, you find out there's more of them, you find out they colonize planets and use up all the resources to produce more of their kind, you find out this is who the main gems rebelled against etc. etc. The show just drip feeds its lore in a way that it gradually expands over the series, even when episodes aren't focusing explicitly on it. And it teaches you to expect that not everything is as it seems. The audience's knowledge and awareness grows with Steven's, since he's the POV character.

So in short: it's only at the end of season 3 that we even know A.) a Pink Diamond exists, B.) Rose apparently killed her. At that point there's still all these little incomplete threads surrounding that event that have been peppered throughout the show to set up the twist. But he thinks they planned all along to have it as simple as "Rose killed Pink" and something changed to retcon it between seasons 4 and 5? Probably because he got butthurt that he couldn't follow foreshadowing in a children's show?

Last edited:

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
Liliana is also the same person who thinks showing a gay couple that has been together for thousands of years marrying, holding hands, kissing and flirting is not good enough LGBT representation, while the single scene of one show of one character mentioning having a girlfriend off hand without said girlfriend even existing on the scene is.
The former is well-constructed storytelling that knows how not to offend. The latter is a straightforward jab that's sure to make the bigots cry. Of course Lily will prefer the clip that frustrates her enemies more. Never mind foreign-language dubs and other such censorship that can easily obfuscate dialogue (e.g. They're just "cousins,") while an actual gay wedding that's ingrained into a series-wide story arc is a lot harder to Orwell away. Lily's so focused on the here and now of "Fuck you" that she never stops to consider the long-term.

Last edited:

Lurk Jurk

kiwifarms.net
The former is well-constructed storytelling that knows how not to offend. The latter is a straightforward jab that's sure to make the bigots cry. Of course Lily will prefer the clip that frustrates her enemies more. Never mind foreign-language dubs and other such censorship that can easily obfuscate dialogue, while an actual gay wedding that's ingrained into a series-wide story arc is a lot harder to Orwell away. Lily's so focused on the here and now of "Fuck you" that she never stops to consider the long-term.
People like Jerry only care about the Woke Words™ quota. Ruby and Sapphire don't call each other "girlfriends", so that means its bad. Because he's too fucking stupid to understand theory of any kind and doesn't actually care about representation. Which is why he takes straight people inserting the word "girlfriend" into a script and patting themselves on the back over an organically written same-sex couple by bi and gay people.

thebananaonion

kiwifarms.net
god forbid we see a gay couple... getting together!

If you want good gay rep in a kids show-- heres oneway (and not THE way to do it)

Introduced a kid character early on and set them up as a character. they become friends with the main character, they hit it off well and the child character is written in a way that isnt annoying and generally almost everybody loves this character.

Then after a few episodes, (depends on how many eps a season the show has but let's say about halfway) after establishing a strong character, turns out their gay/bi, idk how, maybe them crushing on another character, one of the other's asked 'hey are you crushing on same-sex character's name over there?' and they reply with yes, have so for a while (in background shots of previous episodes you see them try to get the courage to speak to them, but cant. blush around the character's presense, buying gifts but gets to anxious to give to them, etc etc. all background things but become ore obvious as the episodes progress untill its too obvious then they come out to say they're actually gay/bi. Either outright say it or just atleast admit that theyre crushing on the same sex.

Then as the series go on, either one ep were the characters are hanging out on a date (if the characters are young kids, probably just a play date like if about 12 or something. but if theyre older teens in high school, then a proper date would be cool too then maybe a kiss)
and by the end of season one (if the show hasnt been cancled), if age-appropriate, we see a kiss or at least both of them acknowledge them being boyfriends/girlfriends.

if a second season is a thing, just have them doing couple things if theyre on the older side of stuff, like holding hands or sometimes cuddling eachother as a goodbuye/hello. i mean a 12 year old could do these things but realisticly this is more of a14/pushing 13 thing to do. just highschool stuff.

Maybe we get another character specific ep with them on another date or just a slice of life ep, showing wht they do in their spare time- literally just showing now every other person would act in a relationship. again never mentioning gay and shoving it down out thriats, just normal behavior and pretty natually written characters.

Obiously no weddings because theyre fucking kids, but if theres ever a final ep were we see what ends up to the characters as adults- then maybe we see a wedding shot.

during this story plot, not once do you have to say the word gay/bi/homosexual. not once. Yet the adudianece will pick up the fact that 'ohh shit, the same sex (or gender) is crushing for the same sex. that's kinda gey' but if a child doesnt know what the word gay is, that's their first introduction to a gay character or something, atleast that plants the seed in their mind saying 'hey, a character i like is like this so it must be ok?!'

tldr: just write them like a normal straight couple with maybe one or two questions about their 'queerness'. never have to directly say any lgbtq+ terminology but you can if you're able to do so.

many fans of steven universe say that Ruby and Sapphire's wedding ep and the whole show, in general, made them come to terms with their sexuality and not once did they say the word gay/lesbian/bi in that show.

Showing works better than telling lily. its why people remember stupid things happening more so than what people tell them and so on

Last edited:

Son Goku Baku

kiwifarms.net
The former is well-constructed storytelling that knows how not to offend. The latter is a straightforward jab that's sure to make the bigots cry.
Not even that because "girlfriend" is also something that straight women use for their friends who happen to be girls. A lot of people are aware of this so they could have imagined that is what that one character on that one show was refering to. Since we never saw the girlfriend have any interaction with the character, like kissing or holding hands or openly flirting, there is nothing stopping the audience to imagine that is a detail integrated to the show to appear more modern.

Figures that a socially inept person like Liliana that lives on her own bubble wouldn't know this.

ShiftyBoi

kiwifarms.net
And here we have the planned installments for the fat Gardevoir arc.
Cause fuck speculation I guess.
Screenshot_20200802-010138.png
A lot of it is one off bonding, I wouldn't be surprised if she picked the idea up from this thread. Don't quote me on that of course.
I'd like to think this arc is about Gardevoir getting closure or whatever, but the last....4....were about that as well, so I won't get my hopes up.

saladimitate

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1490032
A lot of it is one off bonding, I wouldn't be surprised if she picked the idea up from this thread. Don't quote me on that of course.
I'd like to think this arc is about Gardevoir getting closure or whatever, but the last....4....were about that as well, so I won't get my hopes up.
Funny how he puts that one detail as "SPOILER" but has no problem revealing that G and Marah will be a thing either way.

And, is it just me or is Jerry making G to be exactly him more and more?

Lurk Jurk

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1490032
Well this is the least hypocritical stupid thing Jerry does, given he gets frustrated with cartoons that trust their audience to be able to pick up on foreshadowing and little details that have payoffs later. Because that's what he really means when he says he hates "lore".

Also he considers this an "arc"? All that happens is G gets shoved off on fat G. What reason do we as an audience have to even care about this? Is this whole comic just these asshole characters hanging around their house worrying about whose going to be fucking who?

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
Well this is the least hypocritical stupid thing Jerry does, given he gets frustrated with cartoons that trust their audience to be able to pick up on foreshadowing and little details that have payoffs later. Because that's what he really means when he says he hates "lore".

Also he considers this an "arc"? All that happens is G gets shoved off on fat G. What reason do we as an audience have to even care about this? Is this whole comic just these asshole characters hanging around their house worrying about whose going to be fucking who?
Lilly doesn't know the structure of a story and/or character arc despite her job being to analyze shit like this? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you,

Reactions: Grumpy Pickle Rick

SubarashiiRage

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1490032
the world of this comic is so small that Lily really only has the potion to make melodrama to give the illusion that what you’re reading is relevant and super important, but frankly all these dramas are the result of shitty people living together thinking they are one healthy relationship but in fact they would be better separated

the solution is simple but Lily always contrives a reason why they never split up like mating bond, Bonnie, emotional dependency, deliberate loving manipulation etc.

Every excuse people in a toxic relationship use has already been applied
and this solution of introducing a new character where the only purpose is to be perfect to push G onto her so she can forget about CLily without confronting her toxic behaviors that made her relationships have all the drama in the first place is laziness being that since the first arc the story it's about how this relationship doesn't work and trying to fix it only gets worse and everybody stay in denial

I hope that the SPOILER is G moving to demonstrate the "maturity" that they have gained that they do not need to be in the same house to be friends, it would be the one that makes the most sense and that is why Lily may end up not doing it

emmens

Certified Fanfic Critic
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1490032
Lily Orchard said:
Lie - When discussing how things between G and Marah are going well, C!Lily reveals to C!Mikaila that she lied to G back in Honesty in the hopes G would eventually move past what was becoming an increasingly unhealthy obsession.
So. Question; if they're always mentally connected, how come G couldn't see past-
1596393675204.png

That. I mean I guess G not thinking clearly because you know. "I'm being rejected by someoen I've been in love with for literally a fucking decade" "even though i'm only in love with them as a side effect of something I did out of self preservation to a fourteen year old in her sleep through coercion and their dreams" but even then, They're still mentally and emotionally connected, which would mean G would probably find out one way or another, right?

Every excuse people in a toxic relationship use has already been applied
I mean if the story had that approach and an awareness of being about that, it would unironically fix the majority of everything thats stupid about this thing