Careercow Jim Sterling / James "Stephanie" Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Videowatcher69

kiwifarms.net
Wow his perception of trans is so fucking warped.
Trans are having the best they have ever had it. The fact people CAN come out and live openly as trans is pure proof of that. Trans is an odd thing in general anyway, is it based on a mental illness (gender dysphoria)? Is it strictly cultural (greece, roman, japanese); in those cases it was mostly using prepubescent boys as a sort of fetish more so than changing sexes though. Who knows?

TLDR: The trans panic is a thing because we have no real problems.

DocMorbis

kiwifarms.net
The last Jim Sterling video that I remember being even a little insightful was the Shadow of Mordor positive coverage contract and that was 2014

The only reason Jim even got the story is because TotalBiscuit gifted it to Jim by handing over a copy of the contract. Outside of that is just repetitious, unfunny and uninsightful drivel. With such a successful Patreon you would hope Jim would have expanded on the production value of the weekly videos, but the channel has remained stagnant. Does Jim pay other people with that Patreon money? I could swear I remember something about a group podcast or something.

Speaking of Totalbiscuit, I see he still has 2.02 million subscribers despite having passed. Can someone post a subscriber count graph over a comparable time to Jim's?
TB for some odd reason loses 10K subs every other month. Eather he loses 0 Subs or 10K subs a month.

Jim you were so close on understanding why people dont watch your dreck anymore but instead chose to blame it on transphobes. No one wants to watch the same spiel on Capitalism Bad for the 100th time. If you have distain for the content you produce people pick up on that and dont want more negativity in their lives. Being negative about something for years on end wears you down.

I sub to people who have a positive vibe from their videos and treat gaming as a positive influence. They dont put out how gaming and how economics of capitalism is bad over and over.

Attachments

• TBSub.PNG
    TBSub.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
Here's some video timestamps with talking points. I tried to keep it short unlike Jim but it's a trash heap.

00:08 - Intro seething
00:29 - First cameo: YouTube reviewer Ashens congratulations Jim on the milestone.
00:58 - Thinks he had 927,000 subscribers in February. He is wrong: [1] [2]
01:14 - Stock image seething.
02:07 - YouTube whining. Talking point about being "repetitive".
02:45 - Complaining about discussion of his decline. Zoom in on his new costume sarcastically saying his decline had nothing to do with any "single thing". He is wrong (figure 1).
03:08 - View attachment 2177752 talking points. Bitching about criticism. Says unsubscribing is fair if capitalism is making you literally shake.
04:10 - EA bad is an easier pill to swallow than capitalism bad. He says this while putting up a screenshot of Neo from The Matrix taking the red pill lol.
04:41 - "Gamers" saying his sub loss wasn't over his trans reveal.
04:52 - Bonus fact check. Claims he lost 2,000 subscribers every post including his coming out video. That's 21 videos, but only 22,000 lost subscribers, or about half his claim.
05:11 - Corn Flakes cat shit Saw parody.
06:00 - Second cameo: comic artist Greg "Beanie Tuesday" on the green screen. Comedy bit of best moments that's mostly low energy banter.
07:29 - Video starts for real. Says YouTube fucking sucks and he was over it before losing subscribers. Still mad at bad metrics.
08:00 - Non-committal conspiracy that game publishers tanked him. Algorithm whining.
08:38 - "Whenever I felt punished or put down in my job it's almost always because something happened on YouTube." "YouTube is where I feel constantly miserable and at a dead fucking end."
09:26 - Third cameo: EvilUno of The Dark Order stable in All Elite Wrestling.
10:07 - Dying YouTuber talking points. Groans about hate speech on the platform.
10:51 - "I genuinely don't see a future for this channel at all." Thinks his career will continue.
11:35 - Gloats about being right about embracing Patreon over YouTube years ago saying he had opposition to that.
11:51 - Copyright drama on YouTube. Even though it's a "gamer" talking point, admits people are self-censoring.
12:31 - Advertisers, burn out, mental health talking points. Relying on work outside of YouTube for money and fulfillment.
13:46 - Twitch and Patreon have worked despite issues. Links YouTube harassment with subscriber count.
14:29 - Vaccine gross-out pun skit.
15:32 - Fourth cameo: trans disabled speedrunner and "Gaming Butt Reviewer" LauraKBuzz
15:54 - Trigger warning for transphobia. Some people take breaks from Jim's videos "because of mental health reasons" (lol). Repeats lie about losing 2,000 subscribers per video. Tempers it slightly. Still blames sub feed.
16:54 - Showing a stock image video of a woman looking disgusted over community asking questions. More typical cope.
17:41 - "It's disappointing that so many people drew the line at my happiness." Joke costumes and props should mean trans acceptance. Thinks this disproves that people transition for their careers (???).
18:05 - Fumes about trans acceptance, LGBT game characters, hostility.
18:58 - Brings up past trans drama on his channel. One was about a game called Tranny Gladiator that he wouldn't say the name of even though viewers wanted him to (lmao).
19:30 - General aftermath, can't deal with people saying he's changed. "It's surreal to see myself talked about as if I've died when I feel more alive than ever."
21:08 - General trans issues moaning. UK Gender Critical movement and media. Seems to equate negative sentiment to violence.
22:39 - Blames religious right "hate groups" and TERFs. TERF grieving. Twitter shit, with JK Rowling mentions.
24:06 - Wants to hop countries for trans asylum, had UK as first choice.
24:42 - Some clip of Gender Critical figure saying all men should use women's toilets. It means dead troons to Jim. Anti-trans law talk.
26:01 - It's "invasion of trans bodies and the legislative genocide attempts", "systemic". "That's not hyperbole."
27:20 - Calls his video short.
27:52 - I just noticed at this point that he keeps using some reptile cartoon character when talking about himself. Jim furry when?
28:13 - Fifth cameo: Jonathon Holmes of the from a podcast Jim's on called The Dismal Jesters. "Shitheads are leaving." Big cope. Repeats videos talking points about Jim being so happy.
29:41 - Skit outro with Greg. Social Blade mention.

Figure 1
View attachment 2177755
Boy was that infuriating to watch.

I already have stated a lot of the reasons why people no longer watch Jim and it's always content first trans-bullshit/capitalist bullshit second but I think I have finally found the easiest most digestible way to explain Jims fall in subscribers...

Nobody wants to talk politics at the dinner table.

Jim makes it sound like gamers will spit hot vitreal at him the minute he talks about anything even remotely political (this includes capitalism and trans-issues obviously). Jim wants you to believe the reason that game is do this is that they are brain-dead troglodytes who would curb stomp a trans-person at a moment's notice because they are secretly lusting after trance people.

The reality is whenever Jim is talking to a "gamer", the gamer is in the mindset that he wants to listen about video games. He's at the dinner table to eat his dinner. Jim however doesn't give the gamer what he wants and instead has the crowbar in his own issues with capitalism and trans-rights. Jim has even gone as far as to admit that he can never stop talking about trans-issues because Jim believes that it's literally life and death and use the word "genocide" to describe what western developed nations are doing against trans-people.

People are very rarely in the right mind to want to critically think about these issues and talk about them honestly. I come to Jim for a hot meal, in this case some funny takes on the current state of the video game industry with some truths and expose style reporting ontop in. I did not show up for a lecture on the post-modernist capitalist agenda and gender theory shit. That is the matter is nobody really wants to go to YouTube for that kind of content. I think the only people who are interested in that are people who are battling their own weird gender stuff who take it too seriously and end up needing a "mental health break" from fucking YouTube.

I do want to knowledge Jim for confirming my suspicions that nobody likes his weird 80s/90s advert remixes and that caused him to lose subs. I also want to say that I didn't really hate this episode as it had some hints of old Jim with the self-deprecation, but again, the ending is so harsh and bitter that I left feeling gross.

EDIT

Was looking at Jims responses to his tweet about the video and I found this stunning and brave British woman (aka the average Steffanie Sterling watcher).

1621313091004.png

1621313125749.png

(its a video of a man in a dress wishing Jim a happy 900 and saying he's still subscribed.)

This is the kind of person who wants to watch Jim scream about tranny death squads and communism.

And no, Jim didn't re-tweet or like it.

1621313035046.png

Last edited:

UzumakiLeaf

kiwifarms.net
Without Null's steam I would not be able to get through that video. The biggest thing that annoys me is his entitlement to other people's free time and him basically stating it is a moral failure that people are no longer interested in watching his content. Jim, you are not entitled to other people's free time. People not wanting to spend their free time watching your videos is not a civil rights issue nor is it genocide if people don't like you or your content.

I stopped watching his videos because I no longer enjoy his content. Who actually enjoys watching someone who hates his job and his audience? Jim was not always like this though. If someone was able to time travel and upload a modern day Jim Sterling video in 2016, everyone would perceive it as satire. This man has become a parody of himself.

kcbbq

"I want to see you eat the whole sausage."
kiwifarms.net
I sub to people who have a positive vibe from their videos and treat gaming as a positive influence. They dont put out how gaming and how economics of capitalism is bad over and over.
I don't sub to any gaming channels because they've all turned to shit.

I'm pretty much down to lockpickinglawyer and hydraulic press channel.

Emperor Percival Tachyon

Your Freindly Neighborhood Cragmite Overlord
kiwifarms.net
And no, Jim didn't re-tweet or like it.
This right here tells you everything you need to know. Jim has become absolutely horrible at engaging with his audience. He used to be better at it even, he'd acknowledge things like fanart, comments, and even once had a contest challenging his fans to make something creative out of a shitty Unity asset that kept cropping up in shovelware games he played, and made a video featuring all the community entries. Small but amusing things like that are commonplace among content creators, especially nowdays where keeping your audience engaged is harder with more options available. But wow he's really lost any touch he once had at making content or cultivating a community. He can't even pander to the tranny crowd that well honestly. Just shout what they want to hear and hope enough stick around to make it worthwhile. It's all going to come crumbling down eventually.

ThatGuyWhoLikes The Chili

1996 was 40 years ago...
kiwifarms.net
27:20 - Calls his video short.
So I got shit, about 6mins into the video, then I realized after his about 3rd or 4th "I'm totally not mad you guys, you're mad I'm not mad, see I'm totally not mad I'm losing subs, I totally don't care at all about my sub count! This video is like, so totally ironic!!"
That there was still fucking 24 minutes left in the fucking video and closed out of it.
If he wanted to truly convince me that he didn't give a fuck about his sub count falling and that he thought it was funny he would have made a 2mins AT MOST
"LOL look guys! I've reached 899k subs!"
Video, but you can't turn a fucking half an hour of ass blasting and seethe into a win my dude.
Trannies are all mentally fucking ill with attention seeking above all else, he is just one more fucking tranny in a sea of internet trannies vying for endless attention. Its just pathetic.
But hey. 2/10, he got me to click..I guess.

Mix Me a Molotov!

Singing in the Subway
kiwifarms.net
I don't sub to any gaming channels because they've all turned to shit.

I'm pretty much down to lockpickinglawyer and hydraulic press channel.
Agreed. I only follow 21Kiloton now - funny and informative, but his vids are too long and a bit too self-indulgent. But still better than anything from Jim or Assblasted Joe.

I recently stopped following Worth-a-Buy since his channel became an outright beg-a-thon and shameless grift for Green Man Gaming.

What happened to these idiots? I remember when my YouTube subscriptions feed was packed with gaming channels - now I only follow 21Kiloton and TAS speedrun uploads.

Kanuckski

kiwifarms.net
Considering how Jim is bleeding subs, I wondered about how many of Jim's subs are dead ones. So I decided to look for a dead subscriber calculator and came across this website and plugged in Jim's youtube link, leading to this.
View attachment 2178081

Nearly 80% of Jim's subs are "Dead" Subs according to it, but I decided to calculate how much 21% of them are active with a percentage calculating website, and it turns out that Jim would have approximately 188,790 "active" subscribers at most, which makes sense considering how many views he gets per video.
View attachment 2178091
After your big period of growth as a Youtuber around 25% active subs is pretty typical and anything higher than that is exceptional. This might be changing with the video essay channels that hook their audiences. But for the kind of Youtuber he is back from the older days that's a pretty typical level of subscriber engagement.

Sheep King

Go to sleep, sheeple!
kiwifarms.net
He frames it as if people watching him is the normalcy and they need a reason to stop; no Jim, YouTube always has an expiration date. Lots of youtubers fall off without going alphabet mode, meanwhile people will still pay attention to clowns like Jeffree Star because they provide an interesting carnival sideshow and know how to manage their business.

Fuck you Jim. Maybe instead of talking about all the reasons people aren't watching you, bring up some reasons people should be watching you. You offer nothing that isn't done better elsewhere. You've been milking a crazy income from doing the same schtick for years. You're clearly very miserable and you have made no attempts to evolve or expand your content.
Leaving aside specific details, you are ugly, old, boring and FAT.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Without Null's steam I would not be able to get through that video. The biggest thing that annoys me is his entitlement to other people's free time and him basically stating it is a moral failure that people are no longer interested in watching his content. Jim, you are not entitled to other people's free time. People not wanting to spend their free time watching your videos is not a civil rights issue nor is it genocide if people don't like you or your content.

I stopped watching his videos because I no longer enjoy his content. Who actually enjoys watching someone who hates his job and his audience? Jim was not always like this though. If someone was able to time travel and upload a modern day Jim Sterling video in 2016, everyone would perceive it as satire. This man has become a parody of himself.

They intentionally get their videos copystriked with random clips of movies. They don't care about views, this is about getting the patrons to throw a few pity bucks their way.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
Null is live talking about Jim and his salty video; I will archive here once its done.
I do think Null is way off on the "people who play video games don't like wrestling". Because, frankly, I can think of more video game personalities that do than don't. And I realize a lot of them, these days, are lolcows. But It does extend beyond them. Matt McMuscles, Spoony, Jim, AngryJoe, So I don't think it's that there isn't a crossover at all, like he suggests. I think the crowd just doesn't come there for wrestling related content.

Mr Snek

kiwifarms.net
What happened to these idiots? I remember when my YouTube subscriptions feed was packed with gaming channels - now I only follow 21Kiloton and TAS speedrun uploads.
Honestly I don't think much has changed, I just think that the bar for quality has slowly raised overtime and left a lot of the older youtubers behind. And a lot of them were so big they didn't realise they were being left behind until it was too late.

TheBeanz

Heinz Meanz Beanz
kiwifarms.net
I do think Null is way off on the "people who play video games don't like wrestling". Because, frankly, I can think of more video game personalities that do than don't. And I realize a lot of them, these days, are lolcows. But It does extend beyond them. Matt McMuscles, Spoony, Jim, AngryJoe, So I don't think it's that there isn't a crossover at all, like he suggests. I think the crowd just doesn't come there for wrestling related content.
It tracks given the broad age of all the people you mentioned, wrestling was pretty massive in the late 90s/early 2000s when they were all kids/teenagers.

You're right though, I wouldn't be following Jim Sterling because he's a pansexual genderblob who uses dangerous, sloppy techniques to chokeslam women; I'd follow him because he is a videogame pundit and I'm interested in hearing about the industry.

Last edited:

hairazor

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand why Jimbo goes on a long rant about micro transactions in a video about lego mario when toys and video games are entirely different markets because lego can be physically resold for double sometimes a hundred times the resale value depending on the type of item, Even fortnite action figures and fucking roblox blind box toys have entirely different markets compared to the micro transactions. Even Halo's new action figure series come with ingame codes for the new game microsoft is working on to encourage the toy buyer into wanting to use those dlcs with the game.