Joey Jordison, Slipknot co-founder, has passed away at 46. -

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A representative for the drummer’s family has confirmed the sad news, revealing the rocker passed away in his sleep on Monday.
“Joey’s death has left us with empty hearts and feelings of indescribable sorrow,” a statement reads. “To those that knew Joey, understood his quick wit, his gentle personality, giant heart, and his love for all things family and music…

“The family of Joey have asked that friends, fans, and media understandably respect our need for privacy and peace at this incredibly difficult time.”

Jordison left Slipknot in 2013 and became the guitarist for punk band Murderdolls.

PaulBearer

kiwifarms.net
What was it, smack?

It's always that with the metal heads.

I was never much into Slipknot, too many drummers for my liking...but even I would have to say they were capable of a good noise and they were pretty influential.

Never good when people die young.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just read about the unfortunate news, and it just gave me flashbacks of how I remember Slipknot used to be popular in high school years. They made wearing masks with makeup really worth it.

If you guys need me, I’m replaying this album later this week:

D04BDBA4-F5B5-4AAB-AAE5-CAF00D312608.jpeg

The Fraggle Queen

Turns out Doozers explode when you fuck them.
kiwifarms.net
What was it, smack?

I was never much into Slipknot, too many drummers for my liking...but even I would have to say they were capable of a good noise and they were pretty influential.

He had transverse myelitis, which is a spinal problem similar to MS, and he died in his sleep, so people are speculating it was related to that illness or something along those lines,

PaulBearer

kiwifarms.net
He had transverse myelitis, which is a spinal problem similar to MS, and he died in his sleep, so people are speculating it was related to that illness or something along those lines,
Oh...an unfortunate thing to suffer from, makes his career doubly impressive though.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
What was it, smack?

He had Multiple Sclerosis. Not saying he wasn't taking drugs, he would have been in a lot of pain, but I think the odds are the disease finished him off - the reason he switched to guitar/vocals more was because the MS fucked up his left leg and he couldn't play like he used to.

Big F for the dude, it's no exaggeration to say his drumming on those early Slipknot albums kept technical skill in metal at a time when skill wasn't fashionable.