Jonathan Monsarrat v. Brian Zaiger (2017) -

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What if its a photo OF a monkey?
Monkey has no ownership, nor does Monsarrat, based on being photographed. The ridiculous case I was mentioning was one where a monkey was the one to 'take' a selfie and PETA is trying to award the monkey the copyright. It is predicated on caselaw that the copyright goes to the one using the camera, not the owner or subject (which speaks to how ridiculous it is for Monsarrat to be taking the legal actions he is)

http://www.businessinsider.com/david-slater-the-photographer-in-the-monkey-selfie-court-case-is-broke-2017-7?r=UK&IR=T

There's also the question over whether Peta has identified the correct monkey. Slater claims the macaque in the photograph is a female, and it a completely different age to the six-year-old Naruto Peta is representing."I'm bewildered at the American court system," Slater told the Guardian. "Surely it matters that the right monkey is suing me."

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan Kang
H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
"Parties do not agree to ADR at this time."

auuuuuuugh yeah

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Yet another exciting legal development, where people agree to maybe get together and do something in a few months, after the continuance, and the continuance after that!

This, though, is a magnificent curbstomp: https://kiwifarms.net/attachments/38-main-pdf.250264/

Very, very nice.

How nice it is for Jonmon to be litigating right next door to one of the many locations of the Randazza Law Group.

• Agree
Reactions: Jubileus

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Yet another exciting legal development, where people agree to maybe get together and do something in a few months, after the continuance, and the continuance after that!
I'm shocked at how much of litigation is just the parties continuing to do nothing of note because they still can't agree on shit. You'd imagine dispute resolution being handled by courts would be more up to the court.

also:
"First, it must be noted that although Plaintiff claims copyright in the alleged work"
not "alleged claim", "alleged work". intentional. lol

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm shocked at how much of litigation is just the parties continuing to do nothing of note because they still can't agree on shit. You'd imagine dispute resolution being handled by courts would be more up to the court.

also:
"First, it must be noted that although Plaintiff claims copyright in the alleged work"
not "alleged claim", "alleged work". intentional. lol
The placement of the adjective was, I can assure you, entirely intentional.

• Agree
Reactions: Jubileus

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
So here's what happened. Court decided that Monsarrat filed his lolsuit too late to be considered for copyright infringement.
https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20180402c45

Oops!
Mail Returned Wed 11:11 PM
Mailings of court's 8/14/20178 rulings to Brian Zaiger Returned as Undeliverable. Mailings sent to both Lafayette Hotel, Room 111, 116 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970 and 4 Davis Street Apt. 3, Beverly, MA 01915. (Putnam, Harold)

lol

AprilRains

Better killing through chemistry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He does seem to have succeeded in getting his ED entry taken down though.

• Informative
Reactions: Done
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino