Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed, Got Hooked on Benzos

Unpleasant

I tell you what
kiwifarms.net
Benzo withdrawal will kill you a lot more readily than many other kinds.

That said, its another self help guru who falls into traps one would think he could avoid by following his own advice. Having your wife get cancer or whatever fucking sucks, but most people don't get blitzed on benzos to deal with it. Sort yourself out.

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
Haven't been following the man for a while, so this comes a shock. I mean, I think it was clear he was a down slope after the release of 12 Rules and the debate, but I didn't think would get that bad. Although I guess after reading his introduction in Maps of Meaning, maybe not that surprising.

I think this is going to be end of his career as a public figure, even if he recovers. Part of his appeal was being a strong moral figure in an amoral age, and his trails only weaken that appeal. He's hated by the media and so will not be given any chances for redemption. He's going to be remembered a minor figure of the late 2010's.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: GenderCop

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
Benzo withdrawal will kill you a lot more readily than many other kinds.

That said, its another self help guru who falls into traps one would think he could avoid by following his own advice. Having your wife get cancer or whatever fucking sucks, but most people don't get blitzed on benzos to deal with it. Sort yourself out.
i think everyone knew peterson was never a strong guy. when he first came out with his slide presentation against compelled speech, he was literally mumbling his way through it and I never liked the guy at first. He has his own demons and it was always clear. Beneath the OMFG FEMINIST OWNED BY PETERSON, I never once thought that Jordan was a strong guy because he wasn't "arrogant."

Sometimes you gotta be arrogant (like Trump) as a "defense" against the world. Otherwise, you become Jordan Peterson and fall into severe anxiety and depression. His "personal world" is literally crumbling with his wife's cancer diagnosis and that probably broke him even more.

Anyway, kind of sad but this is the reality and Jordan knew what he was signing up for. At least he isn't parading around asking people for pity party like so many fucking lolcows here. If he dies, he will die with dignity. He will be a good martyr for counter culture movement.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get so tired of being right about people.

People like to joke about his kermit voice and everything and I don't consider myself some mind reader or shrink, I just could pick up it seemed, off almost medicated and fearful, as in cowardly, sheepish.

I read his book and went in open minded as a lot of "theory" of him I agree with but man... 12 rules is one of the saddest books I've ever read, a broken man screaming DONT BE ME.

His daughter is a broken thot, his wife a bully (who's dying lol) and he just wanted to study and research how we tick depth of entertainment, etc. Honestly, if you left him in a library he'd probably be a really happy dude, writing how the bible really means dragons ...that really means humans fear of death and 500 pages of what the fuck the connection is. But because of that he got into the education system and he got pissed at exceptional trannies and it all went down hill from there.

I do not feel as much hate as I do pity for the dude, I think he honestly is in a worse hell than any of us can picture because no matter how depressed we get we haven't spent our entire lives trying to study the suffering, it's just how his mind works not reduce it, but figure it on some deeper level. But at the same time, he's the kinda mother fucker who's hand is on the stove and he's too busy thinking about how to make clean energy that can be given to all humans free instead of taking your god damn hand off the stove.

frozenrunner

Salt supply chains have been interrupted.
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one that kinda likes Peterson?

I mean he's easy to make fun of, but some of his stuff on iq is pretty informative.
I've listened to many hours of his stuff and am a huge fan of his.

The anti-Peterson backlash is bizarre as hell. I expect SJWs to sperg out over him, but everyone angrily dismissing him with "I don't need this shit, I had a normal childhood" is very strange.

The Pink Panther

Why Can't Man Be More Like Animals?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"I don't need this shit, I had a normal childhood"
I laughed at this shit. This is the exact type of argument that people make about Peterson and it's not true. He may do motivational shit, but he's not about that. His videos are mostly analysis and the lectures that he teaches in class as well as his biblical studies. That and even though he's weird, he genuinely seems like a nice guy. Even if he's neurotic, he is a very nice guy. I feel bad for him and all the shit that is going on late in his life, while he's at his peak.