Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed, Got Hooked on Benzos

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
Was the meat diet after the cancer diagnosis?
According to Mikhaila, her mom has been on the diet for a year before the cancer diagnosis.
After the cancer diagnosis in april of 2019 her mother has had her kidneys removed.
I really hope her mom is not on a meat diet without kidneys to detox her body.
1581584915213.png

Last edited:

Lemmingwise

Adorable
kiwifarms.net
According to Mikhaila, her mom has been on the diet for a year before the cancer diagnosis.
After the cancer diagnosis in april of 2019 her ther has had her kidneys removed.
I really hope her mom is not on a meat diet without kidneys to detox her body.
View attachment 1142510
And thus the anti-peterson battlecry changed from "wash your penis" to "eat your veg"

Orion Balls

Oooooooooooooooooooo.
kiwifarms.net
It's almost like 9% of the male population is susceptible to addiction, (be it drugs, gambling, or what have you), and it doesn't matter how much money you make it how intelligent you are, or something. Huh. Well, if he comes out of this whole thing sober and healthy, and able to be humble about it, I don't see why he can't continue in his profession, maybe a bit more wise and empathetic.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I knew right away there was something about this guy I didn't like. The subjects he discussed seemed reasonable but there was something about the way he talked and the way he acted that really put me off.

He's an alcoholic. I'm predicting that right now. I'm probably so late that the party is already over, but your brain does not act that way without that particular form of acid.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's almost like 9% of the male population is susceptible to addiction, (be it drugs, gambling, or what have you), and it doesn't matter how much money you make it how intelligent you are, or something. Huh. Well, if he comes out of this whole thing sober and healthy, and able to be humble about it, I don't see why he can't continue in his profession, maybe a bit more wise and empathetic.
I can't for the life of me find it but he did a talk about addiction once and brought up the (quite medically true) factor of if you know you're an addict by having a drink and seeing if you get wound up.

So he'd have known he was hooked the first time his benzos were, enjoyable to him. So then he himself by a test that is both medically right and he understands he ignored.

Sure seems like easy way to me. I'm not gonna disagree he may have an addiction issue and that's a bitch because no matter what we can't change some things like how we are wired. But for someone who goes, well duh you got all spun out happy taking a depressant never drink again tada I cured drug use.. gobbling pills like hungry hungry hippo... Yeah not much sympathy.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I can't help but blame Mikaela for the whole situation.
She put her mother on a only meat diet and her cancer went terminal.
She put her father on the meat diet, he went and became an addict.

I think it's not only crazy to put a cancer patient on an all meat diet, it's straight up cruel.
Yeah, Peterson's daughter completely rubs me the wrong way.

Even with her "update," I'm not going to take it all in as the truth just yet. I think we all know that bad shit is happening, and it's related to benzos ... And we don't know much else for sure.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Peterson's daughter completely rubs me the wrong way.

Even with her "update," I'm not going to take it all in as the truth just yet. I think we all know that bad shit is happening, and it's related to benzos ... And we don't know much else for sure.
Speaking of that, with so much going on and this thread moving quickly.

Is there even any hard proof that Momma benzos really has cancer? This whole family has a bunch of strange medical issues, and avoid traditional doctors. I wonder if this is all a crazy case of munchie or MBP.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of that, with so much going on and this thread moving quickly.

Is there even any hard proof that Momma benzos really has cancer? This whole family has a bunch of strange medical issues, and avoid traditional doctors. I wonder if this is all a crazy case of munchie or MBP.
I mean, it wouldn't shock me if they jumped around from doctor to doctor (or in Jordan Peterson's case, from country to country) because of that good ol' Canadian health care.

I believe the cancer story, and I believe the ailments that Jordan Peterson has gone through. Perhaps they were desperate enough to listen to their daughter's asinine "meat only diet" proposal? People can be prone to doing illogical things if they're sick and desperate enough.

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
Was the meat diet after the cancer diagnosis? An all red meat diet is completely insane for a normal person to do, for someone with cancer it's horrifying. Precarious for JP as well, considering he's in his late 50s.

Btw, does anyone know if their "autoimmune disorder" thing is legit/diagnosed? I don't get why an autoimmune disorder would be prescribed benzos instead of an autoimmune drug, and why the dosage would be increased for grief-related anxiety. They kind of remind me of a friend I had who's a hypochondriac and claimed to have "chronic lymes disease" and started eating buckets of clams and taking ice baths and doing blood letting and shit.
I spoke yesterday with a real doctor about benzos (I know quite a few because of what I do). I asked about the whole autoimmine deal. He says that giving people benzos for an autoinmmune reaction doesn't exist in protocolary medicine. But after hearing more context, he theorized that if the patient is predesposed, any kind of severe "anything" might cause an anxiety disorder for which benzos are given.

Peterson does strike me as a hypocondriac. I do think her daughter definately is, just by looking at her medication chart and weird food theories. For certain, Petersone could disclose his medical history, for transparency's sake. I doubt he will, but still.

Petersone could disclose his medical history, for transparency's sake. I doubt he will, but still.
From what it sounds like he's pretty much a vegetable rn, so I wouldn't be holding your breath on it.

Going into a medically induced coma for benzo withdrawal also sounds like the biggest overreaction ever. I mean come on, I'm pretty sure medically induced comas are normally reserved when someone is critically ill and risking brain damage. For reasons that should now be abundantly obvious. Going against all medical opinion to do something so drastic out of some anti-Western "treat the cause not the symptom" sentiment sounds super woo to me and makes me wonder about previous medical claims they've made.

Yes, clearly a layman like Peterson would have no ways of knowing these things you're saying.
This is one of the most frustrating things about Peterson. He constantly speaks outside of his area of knowledge, often going against consensus and without substantively supporting his claims. It's natural for academics to dispute popular opinion, but you're going to have to actually put some leg-work in to prove your point. But if you make any criticism of weird or erroneous claims he can just argue that you misinterpreted him because his arguments are often vague and word salady enough so as to not have any concrete meaning (the most postmodern thing ever btw). His writing really sounds like an AI trying to mimic academic language.

Not sure how well received this will be here, but there's a really great article by Nathan Robinson on this topic. It's a bit long, but worth the read. It's where I found his weird outsider art instructive figures. A bit I thought was esp spot-on was "People can have such angry arguments about Peterson, seeing him as everything from a fascist apologist to an Enlightenment liberal, because his vacuous words are a kind of Rorschach test onto which countless interpretations can be projected."

Lemmingwise

Adorable
kiwifarms.net
Not sure how well received this will be here, but there's a really great article by Nathan Robinson on this topic. It's a bit long, but worth the read. It's where I found his weird outsider art instructive figures. A bit I thought was esp spot-on was "People can have such angry arguments about Peterson, seeing him as everything from a fascist apologist to an Enlightenment liberal, because his vacuous words are a kind of Rorschach test onto which countless interpretations can be projected."
I was expecting to hate it (in other words, I went into it with bias), but it was pretty insightful and in depth.

CDWLTY

kiwifarms.net
People like this make me wonder how we could just functionally medicate all these addicts in a way that keeps them churning in society. I heard dockworkers are all about heroin with all the guys doing manual labor all day but you don't really notice because they show up, work, and repeat. After white collar professional falling apart for the 100th time I'm starting to think we're forcing broken people to be cold turkey only to relapse.

Who wants to bet he was a hands-off father with the daughter because his wife always said 'you don't know, you don't understand girls! Leave her to me'.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the most frustrating things about Peterson. He constantly speaks outside of his area of knowledge, often going against consensus and without substantively supporting his claims. It's natural for academics to dispute popular opinion, but you're going to have to actually put some leg-work in to prove your point. But if you make any criticism of weird or erroneous claims he can just argue that you misinterpreted him because his arguments are often vague and word salady enough so as to not have any concrete meaning (the most postmodern thing ever btw). His writing really sounds like an AI trying to mimic academic language.

If you want to talk about folktales in a scholarly way, you should actually have studied them in depth and not just watched Disney movies. Or if you want to talk about, say, what an all-beef diet does to you, you should probably have studied nutrition science. Otherwise you're just speaking on things you know nothing about and thinking you're an authority.

doulomb

kiwifarms.net
People like this make me wonder how we could just functionally medicate all these addicts in a way that keeps them churning in society. I heard dockworkers are all about heroin with all the guys doing manual labor all day but you don't really notice because they show up, work, and repeat. After white collar professional falling apart for the 100th time I'm starting to think we're forcing broken people to be cold turkey only to relapse.

Who wants to bet he was a hands-off father with the daughter because his wife always said 'you don't know, you don't understand girls! Leave her to me'.
They say only 5% of addicts ever get permanently better. Seems reasonable to me. I think with enough resources and help though, most people could get out of it. For example there are withdrawal treatments where they put you under anaesthesia and then induce withdrawal. You wake up 48hrs later and you have a clean head. Of course its expensive though. Then simply get these people out of their environments and put them in a job somewhere that is hard to get drugs. Stick em there for 2 years and by the end of it they will have enough time behind them that they will have a decent shot at it.

Of course this will never happen haha.

Dafuqisdis?

kiwifarms.net
If you want to talk about folktales in a scholarly way, you should actually have studied them in depth and not just watched Disney movies. Or if you want to talk about, say, what an all-beef diet does to you, you should probably have studied nutrition science. Otherwise you're just speaking on things you know nothing about and thinking you're an authority.
He doesn't give a shit about the scholarship of folk tales, he just uses them as a relatable jumping off point to discuss psychology, because he's a psychologist. And plenty of people like to pimp their fad diets without being nutritionists.

These criticisms are just so off point and bizarre.

Some people seem hard pressed to disqualify this guy for reasons I can't figure out. I don't know that much about him but it's really hard to figure out what even makes him so controversial other than the fact that he is nominally a figure of the "right", which I guess is enough for some people.

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
Some people seem hard pressed to disqualify this guy for reasons I can't figure out. I don't know that much about him but it's really hard to figure out what even makes him so controversial other than the fact that he is nominally a figure of the "right", which I guess is enough for some people.
Jordan Peterson is a "thinker" that gets paid millions and barely reads his oponents or his allies. (He thinks derrida was the most evil man and didn't even read him). He suffers from the Sargon pest of believing he's smarter than he acutally is. For that alone he should be shot in the back of the head mocked senslesly.

He's a mystic (wtf is a precosmogonic egg ) that has the balls to use neurosciences as justification for his ideas and a Christian who doesn't have the balls to say if he actually believed in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He's also a conservative boomer that sees nothing wrong in today's cut-throat, race-to-the-bottom capitalism. VIVA LA REVOLUCION But he's so milktoast that Zizek made him say in the debate that yeah, perhaps capitalism should be better controlled. So much for having conviction, bucko. Sadly neither of the two minds in the "debate of the century" (bleh!) managed to come up with tangible "hows". Shameful.