June Shannon / Mama June - Reality TV Mother who dates Sex Offender Pedos and has Gnats Living in her Foot

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
White trash genes and upbringing. Money doesn't change nature or nurture. Look at all the "cursed" lotto winners.

Seriously. Money ends up being more a hindrance than a help if you don't have the skills or wisdom to spend it wisely.

Especially when you consider the fact that, in Alana's case, she has literally grown up on TV. Her family, for her lifetime, has made a significant portion of their living from the Honey Boo Boo tv show. I would be shocked if actual, responsible work-ethic has ever been modeled for her in that household. And even if it has, it's been contaminated by a drug-addict mother who shacks up with pedophiles (and got knocked up as a teen), two older sisters who got knocked up as teens (Anna and Pumpkin), and- based on my mother's reports from viewing the "Mama June: From Hot to Not" show- a step-mother who actively sabotaged June's attempts to control what Alana was eating because she wanted to be the good guy to June's bad guy. And almost everyone in the family is significantly overweight.

So that's four major female figures in Alana's life modeling teen pregnancy, drugs, overeating, and otherwise unhealthy and irresponsible behavior.

Unless she takes that money and invests in a good therapist, and really takes the process seriously, the kid is screwed.

ADHD

セックスキッテン
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
based on my mother's reports from viewing the "Mama June: From Hot to Not" show- a step-mother who actively sabotaged June's attempts to control what Alana was eating because she wanted to be the good guy to June's bad guy.
That step mother did end up having a health scare and getting her own weight loss surgery and she's lost a lot of weight.
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 18.01.11.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-03 at 17.58.03.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-03 at 17.57.49.png

vanilla_pepsi_head

Stone Cold Steve Autism
kiwifarms.net
Meth: Not Even Once.

It was actually crack. Meth might've made her productive or something, can't have that. Crack just makes you want more crack.

Is Mama June legally blind? Or it's just a rumour?

Legally blind yep. Not sure of the details but this article lays it out and at least seems credible:

Mama June Reveals She's Regained 25 Pounds Because She's Going Blind
Untreated childhood cataracts have left her fighting for her ability to see.
By Jenae Sitzes Jun 14, 2018

Following her dramatic weight loss transformation, Mama June Shannon says she's gained 25 pounds due to going completely blind in her right eye.

The 38-year-old From Not to Hot star dropped 300 pounds last year after a series of surgeries and strict lifestyle changes, but the weight began to creep back on as she underwent four more surgeries to repair what little vision she still has in her left eye, which she described to People as a "four out of 10."

“It’s been physically and emotionally draining,” Shannon told People. “Losing my independence and having to rely on other people for everything has been crazy.”

Her vision loss largely stems from childhood cataracts that were never properly treated, she explained. Her left eye was also damaged by retinal detachment, where the retina—a light-sensitive layer of tissue that lines the eye and sends messages to the brain—is separated from its normal position, according to the National Eye Institute. Retinal detachment can also cause permanent vision loss.

Shannon said she's still healing and dealing with shooting pain, so her weight loss isn't her main priority right now. "I can't do anything and have to lay down most of the time and take care of my vision," she said. "I have to worry about that right now. That's my main concern."

"I can lose the weight; I know that. And I know I don’t want to go back over 200 pounds. I’m paying attention to it more," she added.

What are cataracts?
Many people think of cataracts as something that happens only to older adults, but as Shannon's story unfortunately shows, the vision problem can start developing during middle age and even childhood, which leaves the potential for serious long-term effects.

So what exactly are cataracts? Technically, a cataract is a clouding inside the eye's lens (not on top of the lens, as many assume). The distortion begins to form when proteins in the lens break down. Usually, cataracts are related to age, but other factors can put you at risk for them as well, such as radiation, sun exposure, eye injury, or surgery for another eye issue, like glaucoma. People often develop them in both eyes, but it's possible for a cataract to form in just one eye, especially if you've had an injury there.

More than half of all American who reach age 80 will develop cataracts, and cataract surgery is one of the safest and most common surgical procedures performed in the U.S. It's also the only effective way to remove a cataract—but not everyone needs it.

"Many people put off surgery for years," Stephen Foster, MD, a clinical professor of ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School, told Prevention in a previous interview. "I always say that if a cataract affects your quality of life, then we need to make plans to take it out. Otherwise, we can forget about it until your next appointment."

The symptoms of early cataract may be improved with new glasses, brighter lighting, anti-glare sunglasses, or magnifying glasses, according to the NEI. If cataracts aren't having an adverse effect on everyday activities like driving or watching TV, then you're probably fine. However, be sure to talk with your doctor about the best course of action for you.

Can you prevent cataracts?
As we all know, there's no stopping or slowing down the clock, and most people will experience some clouding that affects their vision by age 60. But there are things you can do to reduce your risk for cataracts. The best strategy is to wear UV-blocking sunglasses to protect your eyes. Other best practices include eating plenty of antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies, limiting alcohol, and taking steps to prevent developing diabetes, which can put you at higher risk.

(h/t People)

Burn Book

Bye Dush Bags
kiwifarms.net
...watching those clips I guess what happened is that they wanted to do the second season of that burning trash fire of a show, but she was so damn high on crack all the time, the best they could get is footage of people talking or yelling at her and her staring back blankly with her mouth twitching.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

goddamit june, think of the kids will u

edit: full episode if anyone is interested: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x79zqdo

Good to see they didn’t hesitate to exploit June’s addiction and child neglect/abandonment for views and clicks. Fucking vultures.

On the other hand there’s tens of thousands of white trash families who‘s kids like Alaina get treated like shit by addict mom and new shitty boyfriend without getting paid for the trauma or anyone giving a fuck. Maybe they will feel a little better seeing their shitty reality reflected on TV.

June has always been a trash fire, horrible mother. She could just hide it better for TV before the crack habit and new boyfriend.

ADHD

セックスキッテン
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
June has posted some ...... interesting videos on IG, shilling something called Cameo and Boombod. Her voice and teeth are horrifying.

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cameo is a platform where you can pay celebrities to wish somebody a happy birthday or whatever you want. There are famous people there, like the cast from This is Us, to broken down people like Mama June. Prices range from 3,000 (Caitlyn Jenner, Mr Wonderful) to 20 bucks. (Mama June)

Last I looked, (the only time I looked) Alana had one booking and June had none.

I think she pretty clearly is still on meth. I don’t think the kids plan to see her in this shape. But I don’t really know.

Kind of a shame they paid so much money to cap her teeth and get her looking normal only to end up a toothless meth head. But I can’t really feel bad for the company, just the kids.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
Good to see they didn’t hesitate to exploit June’s addiction and child neglect/abandonment for views and clicks. Fucking vultures.

On the other hand there’s tens of thousands of white trash families who‘s kids like Alaina get treated like shit by addict mom and new shitty boyfriend without getting paid for the trauma or anyone giving a fuck. Maybe they will feel a little better seeing their shitty reality reflected on TV.

June has always been a trash fire, horrible mother. She could just hide it better for TV before the crack habit and new boyfriend.

I watched some episodes (from last season and this one) because there's nothing I love more than a train-wreck, but holy shit: This show is like if a train jumped the tracks and wrecked into a dumpster-factory that was on fire.

It's staged to hell and back. I mean, most "reality" tv is, but the staging is super obvious in this one. June's Agent and sister (Dodie?) in particular really ham it up for the camera. And that fucking stepmother jennifer, assuming she's not playing a role for the cameras, needs to take a dozen steps back and remember her place. She comes off as one of those step-parents that massively oversteps their boundaries and interferes in things that are not her place to interfere in.

Pumpkin's, like, 20. I can understand her being ignorant to the consequences of this fuckarow because she basically grew up on TV just like Alana. And with her being the mother to a baby and having custody of Alana, I can see why she might feel like she has to continue with production: It's money, and maybe she can't afford to wave it off right now (iirc June was dipping into the kids' trust funds from the Honey Booboo money, so there might not be much left there).

But for the love of fucking God, it is so stupidly obvious that none of the adults on this goddamn show said "Hey, maybe we should prioritize Alana's privacy and remaining childhood and back the fuck off instead of exploiting yet another grotesque family drama for views?"

Nah. We'll keep right on exploiting and if we're lucky, Alana will go off the rails too and we can have an intervention for her.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Stone Cold Steve Autism
kiwifarms.net
June has posted some ...... interesting videos on IG, shilling something called Cameo and Boombod. Her voice and teeth are horrifying.

View attachment 1224839
View attachment 1224838
View attachment 1224836
View attachment 1224835
View attachment 1224834

All those hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of diets, surgical interventions, and Hollywood beautifying treatments completely ruined with a few months of crack-smoking child-neglecting lunacy. Some white trash are just gonna white trash no matter how much bullshit gets thrown in their direction for the purposes of self improvement in literally any way. Also getting fat again and I would not have sex with her (though how you can have multiple fat person surgeries and a crack habit yet still start regaining fat is a mystery for the ages).

Alana and her sister seem like relatively sensible people, I hope they had some access to their money and enough brain cells between both of them to start figuring shit out despite their upbringing. The extremely humiliating public spectacle is a problem but they could potentially turn it around and use the last vestiges of their notoriety for good. Maybe go to college and work with other young people whose early lives were completely destroyed by their parents, idk. I'd say I'm being optimistic but the kid acknowledging the mother is a problem and voluntarily leaving is a promising sign.

(edit to break up autistic text wall)

NoodleFucker3000

That isn't alfredo.
kiwifarms.net
Alana and her sister seem like relatively sensible people, I hope they had some access to their money and enough brain cells between both of them to start figuring shit out despite their upbringing. The extremely humiliating public spectacle is a problem but they could potentially turn it around and use the last vestiges of their notoriety for good. Maybe go to college and work with other young people whose early lives were completely destroyed by their parents, idk. I'd say I'm being optimistic but the kid acknowledging the mother is a problem and voluntarily leaving is a promising sign.

Tbh, this post is great. I agree 100%. Two young people should not be held to the same infamy as their stupid fucking parents. I really hope they get help and turn this around FOR THEMSELVES. idk as a child of alcoholics, I really have a soft spot for Alana. I wanna see the girl succeed.