Kent Hovind v. The United States of America (2020) -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

what is that

"waaaa-turrrr"
kiwifarms.net
Frankly, I'm amazed he didn't claim the boy was demonically-possessed and that the blessed lake exorcised him, sending his soul to heaven.
The man's a total lunatic.

You could pay me $10,000 and I still couldn't force myself to believe Kent's version of the story is true. The family isn't mad at all? They're ok with Kent's response being "Kids do dumb things," and "31 people have drowned in the panhandle of Florida, what are you gonna do: 'Put a fence around the ocean?'"

At the very least, the family won't be coming back due to the memories alone.

Oh, also, a kid was abducted on his property and the compound was warned about their security last year:
abduction.jpg

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
You could pay me $10,000 and I still couldn't force myself to believe Kent's version of the story is true. The family isn't mad at all? They're ok with Kent's response being "Kids do dumb things," and "31 people have drowned in the panhandle of Florida, what are you gonna do: 'Put a fence around the ocean?'"

Oh, also, a kid was abducted on his property and the compound was warned about their security last year:
View attachment 1434760
Kent just kidnapped SAVED that child from being brainwashed by the education system into believing in evolution! Instead he now believes that The Flinstones is essentially accurate about how humans and dinos co-existed, that Darwin's theory of evolution is responsible for every mass murder of the 20th century, and that Satanists with microchipped hands they use to buy everything have walked among us since 1996*.

*All of this is shit Kent's claimed as part of his ministry and never retracted.

Wheezy Asthmatic

Don't forget, you're here forever
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1434760
I didn't see an article about child abduction - just the drowning. Either Google SEO isn't showing it, I'm not searching with the right terms, or this didn't happen. Really hoping for the later because otherwise it's REALLY fucked up to think about how dangerous this place seems for kids (:_(

what is that

"waaaa-turrrr"
kiwifarms.net
I didn't see an article about child abduction - just the drowning. Either Google SEO isn't showing it, I'm not searching with the right terms, or this didn't happen. Really hoping for the later because otherwise it's REALLY fucked up to think about how dangerous this place seems for kids (:_(

To Kent's benefit, there is no "official" story of the abduction because the boy was found in the woods an hour later with no permanent harm done to him. The story comes from people who lived with Kent at the time (link). There is another video of someone talking about it I will have to find at some point where they claim that the abducter was never found, but the boy claimed the man tried to hold him down in the woods until people showed up shouting the kid's name. You have to take Theo (the guy whose video I linked) with a grain of salt, though. He obviously haaaaaates Kent, so his videos sometimes blow things out or proportion (like his video on Kent "claiming to be Jesus Christ" when Kent literally just made an analogy).

Wheezy Asthmatic

Don't forget, you're here forever
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To Kent's benefit, there is no "official" story of the abduction because the boy was found in the woods an hour later with no permanent harm done to him. The story comes from people who lived with Kent at the time (link). There is another video of someone talking about it I will have to find at some point where they claim that the abducter was never found, but the boy claimed the man tried to hold him down in the woods until people showed up shouting the kid's name. You have to take Theo (the guy whose video I linked) with a grain of salt, though. He obviously haaaaaates Kent, so his videos sometimes blow things out or proportion (like his video on Kent "claiming to be Jesus Christ" when Kent literally just made an analogy).
You'd think something like that would be reported to the police at the very least so I'm gonna rule this one out for now until there's more evidence to support it (ie the adults looking for him actually saw someone). Kid probably only got lost and let his imagination run wild. It's not that I couldn't believe it since Kent has made friends with pedophiles before, but due to the lack of reporting, I can't say it happened.

what is that

"waaaa-turrrr"
kiwifarms.net
Updated the OP with this:
Kent claims and/or implies several felonies were committed by defendants. He also accuses a Federal Judge of obstruction of justice and states he will call witnesses to ask if they were "told" by anyone to commit several felonies:

Cow Poly

Rabid St. Bernard (privacy respecter dog)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This exceptional individual crying about SciManDan is pretty kino. Not sure if he is too much of a boomer to preen his comments or allows the hate to help him in the algorithm... either way I see decent cow potential here. Nice OP.
57F8CBA5-2967-4092-A3CD-7EF93686597A.jpeg

what is that

"waaaa-turrrr"
kiwifarms.net
Another update, but it appears this case is not going to get much more funny, so I might start trying to approach his lolcows tactics more going forward... Which sucks, cuz I wanted all the things Hovind threatened to happen! It would've been hilarious!

Another order (saying that the complaint requires further amending) - (Download Link)

What's interesting in this order:
  • Court has said Hovind has continuously submitted paperwork over the page limit without proper authorization (his complaint was 50 some odd pages, and 25 pages is the limit)
  • Court has warned Hovind that his complaint has at least three potential grounds for dismissal and has recommended Hovind address these points before filing another amended complaint. Those points are:
    • The Federal attorneys and Judge he is suing are protected under judicial immunity
    • Hovind is doing things in the wrong order. His lawsuit can be dismissed if filed before his sentence has been invalidated, which it has not been
    • Hovind is suing 10 years after the damages were brought to him, but the statute of limitation on these things in Florida is only 4 years ("Florida’s four-year statute of limitations applies to such claims of deprivation of rights under 42 U.S.C. §§ 1983and 1985" - Chappell v. Rich, 340 F.3d 1279, 1283 (11th Cir. 2003))
Let this day (Jul 27, 2020) be marked as the day I realized this court case is just going to be boring as hell. Prediction is, obviously, Hovind will file the amended complaint and his case will be thrown out anyway. Th statue of limitations argument is the most debilitating.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Another update, but it appears this case is not going to get much more funny, so I might start trying to approach his lolcows tactics more going forward... Which sucks, cuz I wanted all the things Hovind threatened to happen! It would've been hilarious!
For some reason I don't think you'd have an issue even without this making a lolcow thread on him. There is tons of information out there to support his lolcowness and his exploitive nature.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure why this thread wasn't moved to Lolcow & Lolcow LLP sooner, but it's here now.
But since the case was already dismissed, there really isn't any reason to keep it open.