KF International Challenge -

Status
Not open for further replies.

pozilei

gnome related slander
kiwifarms.net
I speak German and since I've been on this site I've come across a few German people and thought "hey, they might make for some entertaining KF threads if only their content was in English" so I'm quite excited about this.

Don't know much about Drachenlord aside from the basics but I could look into it.

Zvantastika

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can speak Russian, which means I could scourge the 2ch boards and Russian's most popular social network, VK, for content.
Might want to try Moi Mir and Rutube first, VK is huge and a bit hard to find the gold nuggets so you need a lead to find anything useful there. You can always try going blind but pretty sure you'll find too much shitposting to actually get anything decent in terms of lolcows material.

There's some russian lolcows I know of, also some eastern european ones, but being honest, by normal standards they are not AS bad as most cows in this site, kind of the reason why I haven't even bothered to mention them so far. Also, the ones that try to speak english or appeal to the western world are far more fun than the local ones in my opinion, but those are kind of like a one hit wonder because they seem to drink themselves out of the web super fast. Well, most of the eastern cows drink themselves out of the web. Most eastern people drink themselves out of the web. I think that maybe we might have a slight drinking problem.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I could do stuff in German, Italian and Czech, although the only worthwhile stuff I have is Italian. Posted a lot about Italian Nice Guys (they should be a category in itself) and have a pair of political potential cows.
That sounds like a great starting point tbh.

I might have to change out captcha from this video though if we want to court foreign users. I'm debating what to make it.

[video]../public/security/qa_5.webm[/video]

RowboatGirlyman

kiwifarms.net
Well, my native language is lithuanian and there is a lithuanian version of Alex Jones (maybe not as prominent and not as hyperactive), but still worthy of a thread in my eyes. Claiming that Vatican can somehow track every baptised person on Earth and lock them up in their rape dungeons at any time has got to be something, right?

Though, I doubt that many people here would speak this language and just one person is not enough to sustain even a thread.

Ravelord

How quickly the tide turns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can speak spanish, and the Hispanic lolcows have had it too easy for too long...
What cows are you gonna cover? I've seen some Youtubers that are pretty cowish, and their a-logs. (mostly talking about the Dallas-Haplo hate relationship :story: ). I could help with the latter if you are gonna cover him.

Edit: I'm a native from Spain so if any help is needed with translation I'm up for it :biggrin:

Last edited:

Bewarezah

WRYYYYYYYY
kiwifarms.net
I can speak German but I'm not that deep into lolcow stuff to know too much but I hope whoever makes the Drachenlord thread will include all the lulz between the other youtubers and him. Otherwise maybe include Fairlight/Fahrlight, Mert, Visca Barca maybe....I should probably get out of my hellhole for once and get some more info what is truly lolworthy.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
I like this idea. I'm looking forward to those Brazilian lolcows.

@Null, Interesting...

I'm a native Spanish speaker and yes, I had a few castellan-speaking cows on sight but not with enough english sperging to catch on. So are we planning opening subs for each language or just make threads for them?
In my opinion, each thread with an international cow should be bilingual. So, English + whatever language the cow speaks. This way everyone could follow it since English is often taught as a trade/international language. By making threads bilingual we can allow a Korean speaker with some English proficiency enjoy tardcum from Argentina.

Often, people can understand a language before they can communicate fluently. So, even if international users can't write at an advanced level, many will be able to keep up on other threads, whether they be in the anglosphere or not. Plus, this can have the unintended side effect of incentivizing people to learn English.

Allowing posts in the lolcows language would also attract users from those countries. These new users could have some info on the lolcows or could find new lolcows the site. If we keep it strictly English in the international threads, it'll scare some off as it's common to be nervous when communicating in a new or less familiar language for the first time. (They'll warm up with time)

However, American/English lolcows should stay monolingual though. If we allow everyone to post in whatever language on every thread it will make threads easy to derail. Same goes for any language that isn't spoken by the lolcow. So, Japense in a thread about a Japense lolcow would be ok, but not in a French lolcow thread.

A separate board could be useful for organizing them and preventing the derailing of monolingual threads, but many could fit neatly into the boards we have. For example, the Ejército del Pueblo Paraguayo (the paraguayan peoples' army) makes sense for community watch. Likewise, there are international lolcows that fit perfectly in beauty parlor.

Well, my native language is lithuanian and there is a lithuanian version of Alex Jones (maybe not as prominent and not as hyperactive), but still worthy of a thread in my eyes. Claiming that Vatican can somehow track every baptised person on Earth and lock them up in their rape dungeons at any time has got to be something, right?

Though, I doubt that many people here would speak this language and just one person is not enough to sustain even a thread.
A general thread on international lolcows would be a good way to keep up with lolcows that speak less common languages or don't produce enough content for their own thread.

What cows are you gonna cover? I've seen some Youtubers that are pretty cowish, and their a-logs. (mostly talking about the Dallas-Haplo hate relationship :story: ). I could help with the latter if you are gonna cover him.

Edit: I'm a native from Spain so if any help is needed with translation I'm up for it :biggrin:
I can also help with Spanish and I'm ok with Portuguese. I can somewhat understand Italian too, but I wouldn't be much help translating it.

Do you speak Galacian, Catalan, or any other language from the Iberian Peninsula?

*Edit* just wondering because there's probably a lot of tardcum and salt that can be mined from the whole Catalan debacle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None