KF International Challenge -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles A. Woodward

https://archive.md/BBgWb
kiwifarms.net
I think this is dumb idea, unless is some sort of SEO attempt. English is practically lingua franca of the internet. Posting in other languages won't bring more audience, it will just reduce the number of people who could consume the content to native speakers of the particular language.
Just post your local lolcow content in English so the whole world can laugh at it, why limit it to native speakers?

A-tistic

:-DDDDDDD
kiwifarms.net
I think this is dumb idea, unless is some sort of SEO attempt. English is practically lingua franca of the internet. Posting in other languages won't bring more audience, it will just reduce the number of people who could consume the content to native speakers of the particular language.
Just post your local lolcow content in English so the whole world can laugh at it, why limit it to native speakers?
Because there are a lot of lolcows who doesn't speak English.

I have always wished for a Swedish lolcow-forum. For such a small country we sure have a shitload of speds, especially of the SJW variety.

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
Because that's not how it works.

With the Brazilians it's particularly noticeable. The Brazilian lolcows speak Portuguese and are surrounded by an audience of Portuguese speaking people. Even if a bilingual user starts the thread, he would have to translate literally everything for it to be funny unless the comedy was in behavior alone -- and it's usually not. Even then, you translate everything / the behavior carries the thread, but the majority of the audience will remain foreign language. Most BRs do not speak much English.

There's also cultural differences. Weird freaky shit that we'd not understand but which is gravely offensive and antisocial in foreign countries. Those kinds of behaviors would never attract a western audience.

I'm usually right about these hunches; my nose knows.
1.png

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m sure @neural and I could work on Arabic threads since he’s the only other Arab I’m aware of ATM (unless there’s someone else I’m missing)
I would love to, but keep in mind that most prominent Arab lolcows are state-endorsed in one way or another (having strong state contacts or even being outright state security agents), I am thinking of people like Mortada Mansour, who is essentially an Egyptian state-endorsed, far more exceptional version of Vordrak. One would not want to get their door bashed in by state security because they made fun of a cow. Also, cow culture can take time to be adapted for Arab audiences, concepts like A-Logging or such can be a bit difficult to get initially.

I thought very hard about making an English-language thread on some of the Arab lolcows, but that would only create pressure to continually translate the content, I may make some posts in the obscure lolcows thread instead.

I didn't realize @neural is Arabic. Can you guys translate the Sam Ambreen thread's OP into Arabic?
No problem, just give me time to work out how to translate internet terms like 'lolcow' or 'dox' to Arabic.

I'll create a PM with us three in it as soon as I get a 1st draft.

Ravelord

How quickly the tide turns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like this idea. I'm looking forward to those Brazilian lolcows.

I can also help with Spanish and I'm ok with Portuguese. I can somewhat understand Italian too, but I wouldn't be much help translating it.

Do you speak Galacian, Catalan, or any other language from the Iberian Peninsula?

*Edit* just wondering because there's probably a lot of tardcum and salt that can be mined from the whole Catalan debacle.
Yes, but sadly is just Galician. I don't think we have too many Galician cows.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
I would love to, but keep in mind that most prominent Arab lolcows are state-endorsed in one way or another (having strong state contacts or even being outright state security agents), I am thinking of people like Mortada Mansour, who is essentially an Egyptian state-endorsed, far more exceptional version of Vordrak. One would not want to get their door bashed in by state security because they made fun of a cow. Also, cow culture can take time to be adapted for Arab audiences, concepts like A-Logging or such can be a bit difficult to get initially.
That can be a concern elsewhere too... we don't want kiwis dissapearing for helicopter rides.

Lolcows are drawn towards authoritarian regimes it seems: Much of Hitler's inner circle and his early supporters were definitely lolcows. Same can be said of mamy Communist revolutionaries.

Black Waltz

sad soul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That can be a concern elsewhere too... we don't want kiwis dissapearing for helicopter rides.

Lolcows are drawn towards authoritarian regimes it seems: Much of Hitler's inner circle and his early supporters were definitely lolcows. Same can be said of mamy Communist revolutionaries.
hitler was a lolcow

Ntwadumela

That takes care of the cremation..
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I thought very hard about making an English-language thread on some of the Arab lolcows, but that would only create pressure to continually translate the content, I may make some posts in the obscure lolcows thread instead.

No problem, just give me time to work out how to translate internet terms like 'lolcow' or 'dox' to Arabic.

I'll create a PM with us three in it as soon as I get a 1st draft.
There’s also a Kuwaiti politician by the name of Salwa Al-Mutairi that I heard has a lot of lolcow moments as well. She usually gets flak for her copious amounts of ranting and irrational opinions. However I need to find out whether or not she’s still active (though I believe I’ve seen her in a Memri TV broadcast)

ATM

Here comes the snow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It would be brilliant to have a thread on the legend that is youtube user aiueo700. The furore surrounding him has died down quite a bit (at one point people were showing up at his house almost daily to fuck with him) and he uploads irregularly these days but it's some next level shit. I considered starting a thread ages ago but it was apparent that a) my nip ain't strong enough, and b) there isn't enough interest in the existing userbase.
Foreign language nutjobs are definitely a fecund field in terms of new content, it would be interesting to see what's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None