Kingdom Come: White Ethnostate - When trying to get a dev fired fails, because he owns the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Tremolo

kiwifarms.net
This whole circus really is a culture clash. A bunch of spoiled Westerners telling us central Europeans that games we make about our lands is as baffling as if someone was screeching at people that the sky isn't blue. It's a good thing Vavra is well-versed about the world that he can defend himself properly, most people would just be dumbstruck.
:offtopic: scuse you, wot
Slavery is an economic powerhouse of a system, more efficient than indentured workers or regular farmers
Of course the higher up in details you go with it, the less viable it becomes because you'll have to teach the intricacies of the job to each slave, but for menial labor and general small - medium tasks it's good (barring morally)
Physical coercion is one hell of a way to make sure your workers don't strike on you, you can make them work longer hours for less pay, and they start working at a young age. I'd say that'd be pretty efficient for most.
It was efficient in its day but wherever it was abolished those places would actually get a boost in economic productivity. The industrial revolution started on a small island with no slavery after all.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
:offtopic: scuse you, wot
Slavery is an economic powerhouse of a system, more efficient than indentured workers or regular farmers
Of course the higher up in details you go with it, the less viable it becomes because you'll have to teach the intricacies of the job to each slave, but for menial labor and general small - medium tasks it's good (barring morally)
Physical coercion is one hell of a way to make sure your workers don't strike on you, you can make them work longer hours for less pay, and they start working at a young age. I'd say that'd be pretty efficient for most.

Qualified disagreement. In the antebellum US slavery was actually dying in the upper South (VA/MD/TN/KY) before the war started. Not quite sure why since products like tobacco were certainly profitable, but it was. The expression "sell me down the river" literally comes from slaves being sold from the upper to the deep South, places like AL and MS where cotton grew best.

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This whole circus really is a culture clash. A bunch of spoiled Westerners telling us central Europeans that games we make about our lands is as baffling as if someone was screeching at people that the sky isn't blue. It's a good thing Vavra is well-versed about the world that he can defend himself properly, most people would just be dumbstruck.
It's because he mocked the idiots directly instead of going "thanks for your feedback. We value your opinion" and then ignoring them.

Dysnomia

Dango whore
kiwifarms.net
Kingdom Come: Deliverance – Myth-making and Historical Accuracy

Same outlet that published the Cuphead is racist story because it didn't apologize for cartoons animated by people who are no longer alive and had nothing to do with the game.

Choosing this period from within the many centuries of Bohemian medieval history hints at a nationalist interest that, combined with the vilification of the game’s non-Czech characters, is hard to ignore.

Or the devs were just really interested in this period of their native history.

It's a decent article that raises a couple good points and expresses valid criticism. I mean, I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but I can see where it is coming from.

It's certainly a lot better than "There's no nignogs, but everybody knows that blacks where like 25% of Europes population, especially amongst the ruling class!" bullshit that other outlets have been pushing.

At least there's that. I was actually expecting the article to eventually get to the "fact" that sooooo much of Europe was black at the time.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This one's pretty much run it's course since we're now discussing the intricacies of American Slavery in a thread about a medieval european based videogame. Make sure to make a talk to staff if you have more content involving people being mad about this game being too white.

Status
Not open for further replies.