• ”Listen Hitler, I'm tired of your white-knighting!”

Kitchen Gadgets that aren't shitThings they say you'll use everyday but you actually use them every day

Discussion in 'Food' started by Bugaboo, Jan 25, 2018.

1. NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  2. My goal over the years since not being a poor college fuck any more is OXO all the things, it's been worth every god damn penny.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. My bread maker, love how I can start a loaf an hour or two before I cook and have it fresh with dinner.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  4. I find this set is quite useful for preparing and cooking imaginary food.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Lipitor

Lipitor huh?
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  5. I love my Ninja crockpot because it can brown everything that I need it to before switching to slow cooking mode.

image.png

It's actually surprisingly one of the best crockpots I've owned even though it seems a little gimmicky - the "low" setting is actually low compared to most modern slow cookers which have temperature settings of "boiling" and "slightly less than boiling."

MakeItRain

MakeItRain taste the waste
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. The instant pot is really cool and will cook damn near anything

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    swiv

swiv edgelord extraordinaire

kiwifarms.is
  7. trombonista

trombonista 足取り歪んで1,2,1,2
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  8. My toaster got fried because it was on the same circuit that my dryer fried itself on. I need an electrician.:(

I used to have a nice blender but my sister ruined it. Every appliance she touches crumbles into dust.

I've always wanted one of those cool high speed blenders. But they are too expensive.

Dysnomia

Dysnomia Bah humbug!

kiwifarms.is
  9. I'm looking into getting one. I essentially worship my crockpot so I think it'd be a great addition to the kitchen arsenal

Bugaboo

Bugaboo I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. I recently got this cooking gadget and with a little yelling and threats it works quite well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Lipitor

Lipitor huh?
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  11. Antithesis of a gadget, but a spray bottle with dishwashing liquid and water.

I made it for wasp killing so I didn't poison every bug in town, but instead dropped them from the air and killed then myself.
    It's also been great for cleaning dishes, washing hands, and I recently used it with a wet dry vac as a ghetto upholstery cleaner with surprising success.

XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  12. Those are fine if you don't have a traditional blender and you want to make smoothies/milkshakes for one person at a time. They are badly designed though, the action of the motor will loosen the screw off top/blade thing and if you get any leaked food in the bottom of that base unit it's a bitch to clean it.

So they are OK, just intended for filthy casuals and probably redundant for most people who actually buy kitchen appliances.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. A tiny convection oven that people use to "fry' french fried potatoes.

kiwifarms.is
  14. The cheapest yet cutest colander for small amount of cooked rice/pasta/beans, etc.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Jhonson Jhonson

Jhonson Jhonson True & Honest man

kiwifarms.is
  15. I just use a flat grater.
    stainless-flat-grater-11__09162.1452278357.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  16. EDIT: Shit, I didn't see Kitchen Gadget. Think, Pants, think.

Uh, I use my potato chip clips pretty regularly. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

• Like Like x 1
    PantsFreeZone

PantsFreeZone Smartest monkey on the spinning space rock

kiwifarms.is
  17. Muh lemon and lime squeezer

upload_2018-7-6_9-0-42.png

TBH I still like using just a fork to get the juice out of limes. Poke in and twist.

[​IMG]

kiwifarms.is
  18. I just bought a rice cooker the other day, and I absolutely love it. I don't even have to set a timer, it just does it automatically based on the weight you put in it.

• Like Like x 3
    kiwifarms.is
  19. I have a champagne cork I use to store pushpins and safety pins in.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.