Kiwi Farms NFT Discussion

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Interest guage

• Interested, and I have crypto

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • Interested, but I don't understand crypto

Votes: 44 13.4%
  • Not interested, and I have crypto

Votes: 87 26.5%
  • Not interested, and I don't understand crypto

Votes: 40 12.2%
  • Sneed

Votes: 107 32.6%

• Total voters

RainwaterDrop

🌺𝒜𝓁𝑜𝒽𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝒾🌺
kiwifarms.net
Being honest I would never buy an NFT, it's a retard's gamble. On the other, some retards out there might actually buy this horseshit, so milk them out of their cash as you please lol!

Do keep in mind there will probably be a similar situation to Stonetoss, with censorship!

Margo Martindale

꧁꧂ꦙꦎ꧄꧌꧍꧍꧍ꦾ꧀꧁꧂ꦙꦎ꧄꧌꧍꧍꧍ꦾ꧀꧁꧂ꦙꦎ꧄꧌꧍꧍꧍ꦾ꧀꧁꧂ꦙꦎ꧄꧌꧍꧍꧍ꦾ꧀꧁꧂ꦙꦎ꧄꧌
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
NFTs are stupid and a money laundering scheme for the rich and a grift

However i see no problem in grifting stupid people to support the site, or just offering genuine supporters another way to support, even if its an essentially worthless digital token of "ownership". Might as well get on it while the grifting is hot, the trend continues to grow and is continually fed by stupid people and the media.

The one downside I can think of is the startp cost. When i researched NFTs originally it required setting up a "shop" on the blockchain which can cost a few thousand in ETH, and that has probably gone up. But its been a while since I last looked at creating NFTs to grift idiots, so my advice is probably outdated.

Last edited:

MG-34

Not really keen on the jews.
kiwifarms.net
Can someone explain to a nocoiner like me how to get into NFTs without maintaining an address in my home country? For all the talk on goy media about the cryptocurrency being used to fund terrorism and drug sales, every trading site I found wants my social and every bit of personal information I can think of. That being said I would totally buy a KF NFT if only for the novelty if I could do so.

Suomy Nona

kiwifarms.net
Can someone explain to a nocoiner like me how to get into NFTs without maintaining an address in my home country? For all the talk on goy media about the cryptocurrency being used to fund terrorism and drug sales, every trading site I found wants my social and every bit of personal information I can think of. That being said I would totally buy a KF NFT if only for the novelty if I could do so.
I echo your privacy concerns. From the short time I spent looking into crypto, you cannot cash out without exposing your identity. If you want privacy, find someone to work for that will pay you under the table.
And considering the Biden's administrations invasive IRS policies, your better off "pirating the game".

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Flexin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly if you’re a dude with any kind of Internet ‘fame’, especially in this sphere where crypto is more commonly used and understood, who isn’t selling NFTs you might be retarded.
That goes double if you’re an artist.

Serin Spaghetti

Deep dished and served!
kiwifarms.net
If you want to sell serial numbers to some idiots, then go ahead. It would be funny in all honesty. As long as it's cheap for you to do. Eth Fees are a bitch and some Chains are Ghostchains, so pick your poison. You sold a silver coin about the most documented autist in the world. If that was your dumbest idea, this one would top that lul.

Speaking of NFT's I have this picture of Chris worth 5 billion rupees. If you buy it now, I might or might not host it on the internet (Or The Blockchain), to which your purchase of this NFT may be invalid, but I'll still keep the money :). Don't you dare right click:mad:!
chris nfter.jpg

Last edited:

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can someone explain to a nocoiner like me how to get into NFTs without maintaining an address in my home country? For all the talk on goy media about the cryptocurrency being used to fund terrorism and drug sales, every trading site I found wants my social and every bit of personal information I can think of.
If you have some sort of reasonably modern hardware - mine your own crypto.

💗Freddie Freaker💗

* unintelligible retard noises *
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but who's going to buy these? I know I wont be, so who will?
Speculators. Whenever there's a public figure and an established community behind a crypto project, outsiders buy in because they think they'll be able to flip their purchase for a profit.

This is true. I also don't have his friends to advertise for me. He got a lot of attention just because he gave free ones to literal whores.
Money talks, and in a way NFTs are money. You could probably convince small time influencers to shill for you in exchange for freebies.

TheAltruist

kiwifarms.net
NFTs may mutate into a new form of stock options for indie filmmakers.
Especially now that the usually gifted filmmaker David Cronenberg sold a really crappy 60 second NFT movie for 90k of himself kissing his own corpse.
However, the decaying mass of garbage formally known as Joe Biden and everyone else on that marxist baby killing train ride to cultural appropriated trans pronounville are all ready saying NFTs destroy the environment so they need government monitoring, etc etc.
Makes my face stretch just thinking about it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-195908~2.png
    Screenshot_20201217-195908~2.png
    597.7 KB · Views: 16

Suomy Nona

kiwifarms.net
Disclaimer: I don't know much about crypto currencies nor NFTs, though I get the concept of NFTs (I think).

Is there a series of NFTs that are designed and released as collectibles? As the attribute of collectability spurs an increase in value for each individual piece of the NFT, which increases the value of the completed NFT. It could also help further promote NFTs or the concept of NFTs, as collecting things is human nature.
Or maybe like a jigsaw puzzle or sliding puzzle concept, where you have an NFT cut into smaller images with portions of an equation attached to each piece of the NFT that would need to be collected and then solved in order to reconstruct the NFT. And if you are able to collect all the pieces-having all the parts of an equation-and solve the equation in the correct order, you solve the puzzle and complete the NFT increasing it's overall value based on the complexity of the equation.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Gauging interest in NFTs here is pointless because the people who will actually buy them probably won't say they will here, since it's liable to get them bullied, and kiwis are notorious for their gentle, sensitive feelings when it comes to stickers and mean words. Ultimately there's next to zero cost or risk in creating NFTs. It may fail, but if it does it's a much cheaper failure than a merch run failing. People who get squeamish about giving out addresses for physical items related to KF but find the added stickers insufficient reward for donations/already paid for the special stickers will probably get NFTs just because stupid jpeg kiwi is still better than 'literally nothing'. Plus, it will inspire seething on and off the board, which is itself worthwhile to many a prospective purchaser.

The fact that your NFTs may get yeeted off of multiple platforms could be a good thing; NFTs are the distilled essence of 'collectables' that are worth what people will pay for them. If you make limited runs exclusive to various platforms that you know and expect to get immediately banned from, you ratchet up the FOMO and collectability of those NFTs (for those who care). You could in theory sell those for more. As others have suggested, there's also not really a reason not to approach people who hate you about it, except ego bruising. They'll obviously try to get your NFTs taken down out of spite, but they're going to do that anyway. If they spaz out and do it publicly, then you get more attention from the NFT 'investor' types who will grab some simply because they know (or expect) they won't last.

It's not a long-term business model since Biden has already started sneaking in measures in his 'infrastructure' bills to control, track, and tamp down on NFTs (for some stupid political reason or another), so I anticipate the market crashing and/or being shut down completely sooner rather than later. Get it while the getting is good, laugh at the people who seethe over it, then laugh at the people who seethe later when it's too late and they missed their chance.

Honored guest

kiwifarms.net
I say go for it, is it that hard to set up your own NFTs? At the absolute worst what do you have to lose? A couple afternoons of work for a few hundred dollars doesn't sound to bad.

Spergerella

kiwifarms.net
I imagine you have plenty of skilled artists on this site that could provide you elements to use in any generated NFT project. I’d be happy to pitch in privately in that way or share my work in a PM if you’d need any image assets. (Also never got my coin but I’ll PM you my order #).

My day job is starting to overlap with NFT art collection (yes, it’s scammy) so i am trying to learn as much as I possibly can.

Tree

May your roots sustain you
kiwifarms.net
I think if you care about providing a worthwhile product for people's money, Null, you shouldn't go with the cookiecutter method every other NFT provider uses, instead I think you should do a smaller number run, with higher quality NFT's. Tie them to site lore and history, this makes them each much more noteworthy than a simple branded deal. The 2 trannies showing up to Nulls House NFT or The Christchurch Shooting NFT is way more interesting than "I've got the blue kiwi with tendie crumbs on it's beak." It also provides a greater outlet for any kind of artistry and could let you command a higher price.

While I personally agree, this ignores the motivations of the subhumans who buy NFTs. They don't care about it looking good to sane people; people with reasonable tastes aren't in to NFTs. The more transhuman they look, the more these creatures will see them as something esoteric that could make them rich. I think there's something to the pattern of generated jpegs too which appeals to them, but the key idea is line go up and looking vaguely like something used in a satanic ritual.

For some segment of them, what literally goes through their head as they justify buying one is some version of "heh this is just the sort of trash that other people eat up". Not that I wouldn't be happy if deer feeder got rich and proceeded to run his own TLD or even just settled down and had pups. I just worry about how evil is using this for its purposes. The concept on its whole is pushed and supported by sordid elements of the current regime, though that's not to say it's impossible to use their tools for better ends.

Last edited:

builabear

.gov
kiwifarms.net
Parasocial people hurt that null wants to make an NFT, but will buy coins all day. You could buy silver anywhere, but buying it from him makes sense if you like his content, how is this any different than the NFT. If you hate the idea, dont buy it, let some other idiot buy it and help him make money so you keep getting content. I thought the merch was lame but other people happily swiped cards for it, and now the site might stay up for another month or whatever

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While I personally agree, this ignores the motivations of the subhumans who buy NFTs. They don't care about it looking good to sane people; people with reasonable tastes aren't in to NFTs. The more transhuman they look, the more these creatures will see them as something esoteric that could make them rich. I think there's something to the pattern of generated jpegs too which appeals to them, but the key idea is line go up and looking vaguely like something used in a satanic ritual.

For some segment of them, what literally goes through their head as they justify buying one is some version of "heh this is just the sort of trash that other people eat up". Not that I wouldn't be happy if deer feeder got rich and proceeded to run his own TLD or even just settled down and had pups. I just worry about how evil is using this for its purposes. The concept on its whole is pushed and supported by sordid elements of the current regime, though that's not to say it's impossible to use their tools for better ends.
I think people really overthink nft's. Once people reach a certain level of wealth, they can buy all the basic shit with ease. The fact that there are vanity/exclusive things to buy is what makes them attractive.

Even if it is only people in the know who know who owns the original nft, some people do know and this does give them a kind of social currency in their circles.

Someone who makes 300x as much as you do, and these people exist, for them a stonetoss nft costs only a dollar comparitively. It's like throwing bread and seeing ducks scramble. It's how buying them makes people angry and go on screeds how worthless they are.

The real anger is at the "wasted money" and this is comparable to men hating women and women hating men; under the hatred lies the unfulfilled desire. But the person for whom it only is a dollar, the whole thing is just funny and a way to pose. And in the case of either kiwi or stonetoss, a way to patronage a creator.

KingCoelacanth

Click here to change your title
kiwifarms.net
Rather than selling them, you could set them up as donation 'rewards'.
You have an address for the donations and you keep track of how much each address has sent to the donation address. Whenever the sum of donations exceeds the NFT cost, the sending address gets an NFT.

Lets say the NFT cost is .1 ETH
example A: address A donates .1 ETH, they get an NFT
example B: address B donates .05 ETH they don't get an NFT, but then they donate another .05 for a total of .1, then they get an NFT
example C: address C donates .2 ETH, they get two NFTs.